Is that Captain America? No, it's Captain Copyright!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Dress2Arrest, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dress2Arrest New Player

So I went ahead and, like many others, made a Captain America lookalike. I'll show you guys what I used and I'd like to hear your ideas too! But not just for the costume, but the powers, load outs, and movement types!

So this is what I used for my character, Capt Copyright. All of these styles are available straight out of character creation (with the exception of the shield, only available through DLC purchase or Legendary Membership) and that being so, it was pretty awesome to have this look achieved so early. (I'd like to achieve a more complex look as I obtain gear and styles being that he just hit 30, so let me know what's out there!)

Hair: Rockford (because the Captain likes to look stylish)
    Head: Partial Star
    Face: V Domino
    Emblem: Star
    Hands: Slimline Finned
    Waist: Simple Utility
    Feet: Clean Cuffed
    Chest: Short-Sleeve Slimline
    Legs: Reverse Slimline
    Weapon: Shield: Shined Brass
    Skin: Cheerful (Personal Choice)

Movement: Acrobatics

Power: Ice (Personal Choice)

Colors: Hair should be a dirty blonde, skin should be (in this particular look) solid white, and armor should be good old red white and blue!

This design is going for his comic book look, but to make the most out of it, make his skin as white as you can. That way, the part of his arms showing look like white sleeves. I also find that with the Simple Utility belt style, it's large enough that it resembles the stripes on his costume. Once put together and in game, it really feels and looks like Captain America should, I think!

As far as the weapon goes, he 100% needs the shield to feel and look right, but if you don't have access to it, you have alternatives. Any weapon could do if you want it to, but a rifle or pistols could play into his military side.

Now onto the powers and such! Being that Cap is, in his design, a protector, tank feels like a natural choice, but you are by no means limited to that. Out of all of the tank powers, Ice just seemed too good to pass up. Think about it, the man was frozen alive, after all!
    Another stylistic choice could be Gadgets. With his military background, he could surely use some gadgets, grenades and all the likes.
    To finish it up, I used acrobatics to run around because it's a good medium-ground choice. I'm pretty sure Cap never flies and he sure as heck doesn't tap into the Speed Force to get to the grocery store. Acrobatics gives you a feel of being faster than the average human and more agile as well. The zip-lines are super fun and the rocked assisted glide is just a nice bonus to stop you from being stuck in place with no motorcycle!

That's about it for me so let me know what you guys thing!

Despite the low graphic settings, the fact I made this in paint, and he's wearing the wrong pants in this picture, here's what the finished goods look like.

[IMG]

If for some reason the picture isn't showing, you can check the Photobucket link.
    http://s168.photobucket.com/user/sirRuss3ll/media/CaptCopyright.png.html
    • Like x 2
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Classic Style
    Chest: Archer
    Pants: Gadgeteer
    Belt: Arkham Riot. Use whatever you like, preferably something that can have alternating red and white colors.
    Hands: Doctor Fate
    Feet: Cuffed Boots(?)
    Skin: Mummy for the white arms. If anyone asks about your crackling skin tell them you've been frozen for 70 years.

[IMG]
    Neo-Classic
    Chest: Archer
    Pants: Gadgeteer
    Shoulder: New Genesis
    Belt: Arkham Riot. Use whatever you like, preferably something that can have alternating red and white colors.
    Hands: Hive
    Feet: Military Tech
    Skin: Mummy for the white arms. If anyone asks about your crackling skin tell them you've been frozen for 70 years.

[IMG]
    Future Captain America
    Face: Archer
    Chest: Military Tech
    Pants: Military Tech
    Shoulder: New Genesis
    Belt: Use whatever you like, preferably something that can have alternating red and white colors.
    Hands: Hive
    Feet: Military Tech
    • Like x 3
  3. Covalence New Player

Every time you feel like you've done a great job on making a character look a like, super soldier comes in to one up you.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mont New Player

why it matter about hair? when there is a full head mask covering it
  5. MichealOkane Committed Player

Ikr
  6. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Because, Cap knows whats under his helmet, and he's gotta look good!
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Nice work!!!

Love the future Cap, looks killer!

IA ARMY