When You Sound Like a 12 year old boy

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by deevilspork, Sep 6, 2013.

1. StillCheckmate Committed Player

2. Liongale Dedicated Player

That sounds about right. I got a couple of friends who live in Hong Kong, and trying to talk to them over the phone is a nightmare! They can type perfectly good english, but trying to talk to them, their accents on words and such... it was difficult to grasp. I don't have words to be able to describe what it sounds like.

Anyway:
    Though I don't sound like it on teamspeak, I have been described as sounding like a chain-smoking old lady on the phone. It makes me think of myself as Juno the Caseworker from Beetlejuice;; (voice isn't raspy from smoking, but from copd medication- and I've never smoked!)
    • Like x 2
  3. deevilspork New Player

I'm jealous in a way, Juno was one of my favorite characters and raspyness adds character to ones sound

People keep thinking I'm stoned with the way I sound, not in the raspy way
    But in the super lazy and mellow drugged-out tone....
    Like I'm either sleepy or drugged.
    ^ That was a problem when I was in school, teachers kept asking me if I had a 'problem'
    But nah, my voice was just kinda lazy
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

Heh... its a good thing I don't use a mic.
    • Like x 1
  5. JayJay2515 New Player

I was in a group for fos 1 and this dude was telling this one girl in the group (who was a controller) that his vit is like 2000 without mods on his troller, I wanted to say something but I didn't want to ruin his game he obviously is gonna be on season 4 of Catfish with her.
    • Like x 2
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Think that's bad, I had some noob send me a blind group invite and since I was doing other things, I hit the X and was grouped for a few seconds. I left the group and this noob sends me a tell asking me if I want to have sex. I put him on ignore and then put him on blast in the WT calling him a pervert.
    • Like x 1
  7. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I had this guy creeping on me for almost a month.... He would send me a group invite literally the second I signed in, and he would constantly ask me inappropriate questions about my sexuality and my sex life. I put him on ignore, then he created a new toon, talked me into un-ignoring his other toon, and then he started up all that crap again, and I put both of his toons on ignore. Fortunately, he was F2P, so he couldn't create more than two toons.... Otherwise I'd be out of ideas. But yeah, he just made me feel so freaking uncomfortable. And some of the things I read on chat between people who don't bother to send their messages to each other in /tells are just waaaayyyy too informative. I wonder how parents allow their kids to play this game sometimes.... Some of the people on here are disgusting!

Luckily, I haven't had any problems like that in a while.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lucaefor New Player

Squeaky girls voices are super cute, I love them (like Bernadette's voice in The Big Bang Theory)

When I was mudding ages ago I made a female character and didn't fess up to being a guy. I literally had males fawning all over me, especially after kicking their tails in PVP wars or PKing them mudside. One of the admin in the game eventually sent me a tell asking me if I wanted to have mudsex, which is the point when I gave up the ruse.

It get the impression the majority of males deride and insult ladies if they can't compete, but when they can turn into simpering lapdogs.
  9. Epic Wins New Player

I think you guys should use a voice changer to make your voice sound deep like a dude.Go undercover!
    • Like x 2
  10. MercPony Devoted Player

I've done that before. You can change your pitch the PS3's settings xD
    • Like x 1
  11. Meta Flare New Player

I love ferngully.
  12. melvinpox Devoted Player

My voice sounds better than your face.
    • Like x 4
  13. deevilspork New Player

It's a great film! I still love it as much as I did as a kid.

Going 'undercover' sounds pretty fun actually.
    I may abuse the voice changer if it's not too obnoxious for my group.
    I don't really care to be that annoying lil' crap. :)

I don't know what was up with everyone's mic yesterday
    But I kept running into people whose sets were screeching into my ear...
    I thought it was mine at first, but nope.
    It was killer on my ears.
    • Like x 1
  14. thirty six Loyal Player

On the flip side, I've had so many girls try to get free stuff from me. A few times I've heard the phrase "because I'm a girl" lol. The most recent one I've had is a girl asking me if I would give her a plasmic aura on a payment plan -_-
    • Like x 1
  15. Meta Flare New Player

The mics in this game are a little weird . To say the least.

I even liked the second ferngully.
    • Like x 1
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It doesn't work in reverse. With the PS3 voice changer, you just sound like you've sucked the helium out of a balloon.
    Personally, I make liberal use of /ignore. Dropping b-bombs and n-bombs all over the place will get you there before the instance ends.
    • Like x 2
  17. nowburn4it Loyal Player

One outta two aint bad
  18. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Go to the PSN device settings > voice changer, and drop it down an octave. Or raise it an octave an have some fun. If I drop it one or two octaves I sound like John from Delocated - which is fun.
    • Like x 2
  19. deevilspork New Player

Are you serious?
    What bums, yo.
    I hate when people try to leech off of others.
  20. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Are you sure they were really female? The only people I know that do those kind of things are guys playing girl toons.
    • Like x 2