When You Sound Like a 12 year old boy

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by deevilspork, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Adriana New Player

Be happy they not all trying to bang you lol. That's my problem I've had and got my current boyfriend off this game too. Which is laying right beside me in the bed right now.
    • Like x 1
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

Mostly its 2 (sometimes 1) when pugging. Other than that is it is 3 xD
    • Like x 1
  3. Notangie New Player

I sound like a 12-year-old girl, but it hasn't caused me any problems, other than cringing when I hear my own voice through someone else mic.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

There's no excuse for being rude but there are sometimes explanations. A lot of the rudest things the guys will say aren't even meant to be rude. It's just pure social ineptitude. They think trading barbs is funny and are really just trying to come across as witty as they attempt to construct "clever" word play. They don't even think through what affect those words will have on another person. They're just too proud of their own ability to form words and try to one-up each other. Again that's not an excuse, just an explanation.
    • Like x 5
  5. Faust74 Loyal Player

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I always feel insulted when a woman tells me to take out the trash, mow the lawn, move a heavy object for her and worst of all fix her car. It's like, just because I'm Male, they automatically assume those things are my job! That's so sexist! o_O
    • Like x 2
  6. deevilspork New Player

I agree.
    I've seen a lot of #2 recently though.
    It was almost creepy nice when they were talking to one of our teammates...
    I kinda felt bad.
    I don't really come across other girls in this game on Voice Chat /though there was someone I ran into recently that I really wanted to befriend, but my mic wasn't working/ :/
    I hate missing out on talking to awesome teammates that I work well with.

Oh, I understand. I hate hearing my own voice. It makes me nervous and my words come out broken because I'm paying attention to how I sound rather then the conversation.

How is it with proximity chat?
    I'm FTP, so I'm limited.
    • Like x 2
  7. Notangie New Player

Not sure what proximity chat is like, I typically use it to eavesdrop, not to communicate.

I was listening to two guys talking about their villain alts. I sent them a tell "villains...hiss" they were all like: f--- you. I'm pretty sure they'd have been nicer if I was on mic and they knew I was a girl.
  8. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I've not been mistaken for a boy, but there can be times where I really wished I hadn't talked. The lame pickup methods of some are ridiculous at times. Especially since it's on a video game. But I either ignore it till they are uncomfortable or if they are that socially awkward, and don't take that hint, I then start making fun of their attempts at being "Mr.Smooth". That usually shuts them up. If not, the ignore function is amazing. :)
    • Like x 7
  9. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Good thing we are on different servers cause if we were in chat together the rap I'd lay down for you would be so smooth you would need ice skates BABY!

LOL
    • Like x 2
  10. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

LOL!
    So you're beginning rap in talking about your rap, involves the medium where men dress in sequins and tights and twirl around in circles? o_O

Lol!!!
    • Like x 4
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Hmmm I think I'd look smashing in purple sequins:)
    • Like x 1
  12. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Prove it. ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I'll speak with my costume designer and see what I can come up with.
    • Like x 1
  14. Adriana New Player

It is your job to mow the lawn and to kill every bug we are scared of. I can jump a table to get away from a bug. Amazing how high you can get when one is near you.
    • Like x 2
  15. BlueVariable Committed Player

People ask if I'm asian. I tell them no and then I tell them my name. Then they ask if I'm asian. Wut? I'm from cokasia dangbit
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm quarter asian and nobody thinks to ask. :(

EDIT: Not even a quarter of the time...
    • Like x 4
  17. Faust74 Loyal Player

I'm so offended. Good Day to you Madam! o_O
  18. Rassulla New Player

Maybe I just have extremely thick skin but I've never understood why people get so mad over words. You can call me any name you want, trash talk to your heart's desire, and cuss like a sailor, I'll just sit back and laugh at your pathetic attempt to seem cool or feel better about yourself.
    • Like x 7
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Stop complaining, you're starting to sound like a Woman hahahahaha
    • Like x 1
  20. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

we used to have this girl (?) named Princess (who really lived up to the name) who was in our league who had this voice that was kind of funny at first, and then after 5 minutes you wanted to stab your own eardrums out with chopsticks. Most of the guys thought she was a young transgender guy trying to troll them. She had this bizarre accent that she claimed was Chinese, she said she had a husband, I think he must have been deaf. People with strange voices whether it's too cutesy or raspy or whatever get on my nerves right away.