BLOCK STICKING

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Multiverse, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The all fun BLOCK STIKING is back.

When I Block I stay stuck in the Blocking position for at least 2 or 3 seconds.

Especially annoying VS the Arena Champion. When he does his AOE... Blocking and rolling away was the best option.

But now I get stuck in the Blocking Pose and cannot even roll away. I am stock Blocking unable to roll away move.

Have to press the Block button half a dozen times to get unstuck.... and by then am pretty much dead.

:mad:
    • Like x 192
  2. Blinx New Player

Yes, this is indeed back. Doesn't happen all the time, only when you really need to be moving or attacking. :)
    • Like x 9
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Had this happen a lot to me yesterday aswell, when I was tanking a Nexus.
    I was stuck in block and releasing the block-button did not work. I also had the stuck in rolling happen yesterday, which I just could get out of pressing Esc twice.

A while back, when this first happened a lot, it was mostly after breaking out of a CC. Playing with a controller my button to breakout and block are the same, so after breaking out of a CC I ended up in a block, which didn't end when I released the breakout/block-button, I was still stuck in block.
    • Like x 5
  4. petvpets New Player

Indeed it is most annoying
    • Like x 3
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Then please give it a thumbs up so it get's the Devs' attention. :)
    • Like x 6
  6. petvpets New Player

Doesn't always work though look at giggles thread about allowing us to buy styles with marks - up to 50 odd likes now :p think it needs to hit 33 pages just personally.

However, this is borderline game breaking, and I have caused wipes on my healer because...I'm stuck in block. That 5 seconds or so can be crucial when at the wrong time.. like you are pulled into the boss. So you block the initial hits.. and stay there whilst people (usually dps) are still trying to melee and lose so much health and you cant do squat.

Other roles, not to fussed about to be honest as its not as detrimental.
    • Like x 2
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Regarding suggestions I agree with you. Multiple upvotes don't guarantee that the Devs feel the need to implement what we want. :D
    But bugs are clearly to be voted to give them priority, and in one update it was even stated, that some fixes have been made due to playerbase request aka votes in the bug section. ;)
    I think it effects every role and agree with you, that this is a severe bug, which needs fixing.
    • Like x 5
  8. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Agreed. Sometimes it happens in pvp and I'm just so glad I'm a tank. Still. Would like this to be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Happened a lot yesterday.

Today a little... but I did not play much yet today... so odds are it will happen some more as I keep on playing.
  10. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Good luck man!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Archsprite Well-Known Player

Happened to me frequently this weekend/holiday in PVE :(
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Again.... freekin block.

Was fighting the Champion Arena.... and for once.... a villain came by that did not want to beat the crap out of me... but instead we teamed=up VS the Champion.

But what was to happen happened.

The Champion activated his fire AoE thingy...... I block so that I can roll away...... and I cannot roll away.

There I am.... stuck........ watching my health go down.... not able to do anything about it...... and I die.

Luckyly the Champ was almost dead and my partner finished him off giving me the kill.

But @#$%@# that is FREEKIN annoying.

Please..... look into this and do something about this.

Thanks.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

This has been an issue at least since GU29. I just had it happen to me in FOS1 when trying to roll from a mob of brainiac enemies. I had to hit shift and w four or five times before I finally rolled.

Seems to only happen when the game knows you will die if you get stuck in block stance.
  14. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I had this a couple of times after using huntress's backflip in the solo, but couldn't reproduce it though. Might be related to immunties, cause I was blinking blue whenever it got stuck.
    • Like x 1
  15. Vyltran Loyal Player

This not only happened to me on legends, it also affected me during T4 solo missions.. not that often but still be annoying...
  16. AnarKy New Player

Thank god this has happened to someone else. I thought it was my control. This is really annoying pleas fix!
  17. Massah Committed Player

Not just block but charged attacks seem to be sticking to where I have to try Distract or a Cola to break free of the "Stuck" animation.
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Are you talking about hand blasters tap tap hold combo? I have had that stick a few times, too. One other way to break out of it is to block. Of course sometimes you get stuck in the block after getting out of the hand blaster animation. A double stick if you will.
    • Like x 1
  19. Massah Committed Player

No I did not unlock Scissor Kick nor Pulse Beam - I get stuck in Charged Blast Hold Range or even stuck doing Focused Spin on the staff for like a good 15secs - jumping and still twirling the staff unable to block or sometimes cast a power.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have used focused spin a bit and not had the problem you mention; not to say it does not exist, but I have not encountered it. The problems I have had with pulse beam are very similar to what you describe with focused spin. If I used focused spin as much as I do pulse beam, I might encounter the problem there as you have.

Regardless, it may be a range issue with all weapons when range is used often on a weapon. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.