World Down every morning

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by puffmouse, Aug 31, 2013.

1. puffmouse New Player

I only just started playing this game in the last 2 weeks. There is a constant predictable problem i keep running into. Every day between 7am and 8am est the servers are broken. Every day i am either getting 'broken protocal', or waiting for the character list, or the characters load up but everyone is 'World Down'.

I didnt see anything declaring that an hour a day would be offline but is that how this works? Do they take the servers down or reboot every single day at this time?

ALSO

you have a typo in your forum name registration process. please change the following:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?login/login&redirect=index.php
    to

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?login&redirect=index.php
    • Like x 1
  2. Nichalus Active Player

I started playing this game when it first came out and played for a year. I have just now come back, and I found the same problem as the poster above me stated. Logged on this morning, created a new character, started in the beginning area, and then 'poof' World Down...lost my new character when I tried to log back in, and *poof* World Down again, Error Messages, etc...

I re-up my membership, but this does not bode well for me staying if this is a common occurrence. A little communication goes a long way.
  3. Kaizia New Player

It's daily maintenance and yes its every day.
    • Like x 1
  4. Axel New Player

Well ya, there has always been a daily shutdown for about an hour ever since i joined, its 2pm to 3pm from my country, its not an error or anything, the servers have just have a 1 hour shutdown daily for 1 hour or 30 minutes
    • Like x 1
  5. Corrich New Player

Yes, they do. Usually it only takes about 15 minutes, but occasionally longer.
    • Like x 2
  6. InvincibleX New Player

How do we know when they are online again bc through all of this broken protocol and no characters list it still says on the DC webpage that the US servers are online.
  7. Kaizia New Player

There looks to be an issue at the moment for some maybe all, i'm experiencing a hang up on character list loading. But as Corrich said normally its roughly 15minutes.
  8. JustaWolf New Player

this getting a bit annoying . been playing since it went free to play as legendary member and the morning "shut downs are getting longer and longer.. the game play is NOT getting better and better over an hour now smh
  9. ARI ATARI New Player

for the most part its 7:30am eastern to 8:00am eastern
    durring times of alot of fixes or updates it may be longer.

this is daily, announced and for the most part from what i understand the time that they empty out the cache.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

This week the DLC and update 29 came down and usually it takes a week for servers to be stable after a new update, after that shut downs shouldn't take more than 15 to 30 minutes, more if a fix is being applied.
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

Also even if there was a problem they won't announce it until they know how long it will take them to fix it.
  12. Ironbat New Player

I tried to log in and keep on getting stuck at waiting for char list screen. Got in once but all my old chars were missing. Now i am stuck with nothing. :(
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

I get issues can occur when checking the servers, what I don't get is why one single dev can't come and at least say they are experiencing difficulties, instead let us wait with out an answer for so long, already an hour and a half and stll not a word from one single dev, while PS3 and EU servers all running.
    • Like x 1
  14. JustaWolf New Player

Guess with the recent lay offs they had there at SOE they forgot to give some one the turn the game back on task.
    • Like x 1
  15. Interlogical New Player

At least some type of notification of whats going on would be nice.
  16. Enaio New Player

Servers go down for maintenance every day at 7am EST and are normally up by 7:30am-8:00am EST. The most recent reason why the servers have been taking longer to come back up is because of the new DLC.
  17. Mattao New Player

I agree with ErnieB and Justawolf lol this is sloppy with no communication.
  18. JustaWolf New Player

The Begining of the end..... 1st thing to go is customer service... its down hill from here
  19. Amontron Well-Known Player

That happen to me today. everything were ok yesterday today when i went to play it is "world down". i can see my chars. but they are with "world down" and i canĀ“t play.
    what is happening??
  20. Vyltran Loyal Player

DCUO always do a 'small fix' to their servers... it just takes a short time, so be patience.. :D.