The New Loot Opinion Page

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Aug 30, 2013.

1. XODUIS Committed Player

I am not too fond of the new loot system at all. My experience is just beat Nexus about 6 hours ago and it was highly disappointing. After about 6 or 7 wipes we finally developed a method on how to beat it. So we beat it and EVERYONE and i mean every single soul in that room didn't like their loot AT ALL. Nobody got their right role during the whole raid. But the most disappointing was the last boss room. I got 86 Brawling (IM A TROLL WHATS MY USE FOR IT) The healer got Traces Troll Legs (seriously??), the tank got 86 DPS waist. One person got a useless expert plan i think it was health/power Expert not sure but he sure was mad. One person got just a FEV that's it, a FEV. REALLY WE WASTED 87 REPLAYS JUST TO GET SALVAGE TRASH. Every single one of those items in the raid got salvaged. Now since there is number of people who still appreciate the new loot system, im asking you guys just make it optional like the old loot system was (Legendary, Master Looter, Round Robin, Need before Greed, etc.) You'd have two selections they'd be "Traditional" which is the old loot system. And you'd have "One For All" which is the new loot system. And once you choose the Traditional loot system, it would open to a sub page of the different types as i listed before. So that way it helps everyone out. Because the people who get hurt the most are organized leagues/friends with civilized loot distribution.

BOTTOM LINE: MAKE THE NEW LOOT SYSTEM OPTIONAL
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

That seems good to me. I've beaten NEDXUS multiple times and haven't even seen a weapon drop. This also makes it far easier to dual role play. I've been in nexus raids where i literally recieved nothing at all. You need to realize that it is entirely possible that you could have got nothing at all during the previous era of looting

While we won't see any more major ninja looting threads. I forsee an explosion of spoiled/instant gratification mminded threads surfacing.
    • Like x 2
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Seriously just lock this now. There are plenty of other threads about it and all of your arguments have no merit behind them. This is just another opportunity for you to slate the new system and cry over it because it hasn't rewarded you yet. However, I bet if Traces Troll gear dropped and a Vit 5 Expert plan dropped for you, you'd not be on here crying and complaining that it's an unfair system.

Just because your team mates got drops that were what you required does not mean that's what gear would have dropped. For all you know, your drops could have been that Health/Power expert Plan, The 86 Brawlers, FE5 and the 86 DPS waist on the old system. How is any of that relevant to you?

Also, no, don't make it optional. Why should it be optional? All that will happen then is the elitist pigs in the game will force other players to play the roll on loot system and deny those who want to guarantee ownership of whatever drops.
    • Like x 5
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

I think you're misunderstanding his point.

He's not complaining that he didn't get anything. That happens all the time in raids.

He's complaining that NOBODY got anything in a raid. Now I'm assuming that he had people in the raid that COULD have used some of the drops that were given to other people, and that's a problem.

I understand the forums are gonna be flooded with this kind of crap. But at least call him out for the right reasons.
  5. Cloud_9 New Player

No, do not lock this thread. These are legitimate and necessary complaints. It's bull that you can go an entire raid getting all the healer gear as a controller, while the healer gets all your controller gear. It doesn't help you get stuff. It shafts you by giving your stuff to the wrong role, which WAS THE COMPLAINT THAT SPARKED THE NEW LOOT SYSTEM.

Either turn to the old system, make it so we can only get our roles in loot group, or make it a box that gives you the choice of selecting "Damage", "Controller", "Healer", or "Tank" gear.
  6. XODUIS Committed Player

You sound super selfish right now beyond comprehension, i mean optional would make it so everyone is happy. Not just you, and not just us. Its simple really it'd be "NEED 97 ROLES FOR NEXUS-TRADITIONAL LOOT"
    Edit: i've always like the old system, i mean if controller gear drops at least i have fighting chance of getting than just a person who'll just salvage it
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

and in the previous loot system there was 1/4 chance(role percentage) times 1/8 chance(people looting) times the rate of the gear dropping.

1/4 x 1/8 x ??%= getting jack squat

new system calculations: 2/4 chance(you have 2 roles remember?) x rate of the drop.
    2/4 x 99%= something you can use.
    • Like x 1
  8. Spoofer New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The developers have said if people are only receiving FE5's and nothing else, then it's a bug in the system. Personally, I think he's just crying because his team mate got Traces in Time controller legs when he really wanted them. I have ran Nexus 10 times approximately since launch and only left it twice with anything to better my character. Of those two items, only one of them came from the final boss. So what about the other 8 runs I've done? I left with nothing. Nothing more than focusing element 5. How is it any different from the new system? Oh and in the last room, I've only ever seen 1 item drop for a controller, so it's not even a case of being out-rolled.

Besides, he already said the Tank got a level 86 DPS waist, which he can use if he plays his off role at all, so that's useful plus a TRADABLE plan dropped, too and therefore nullifies his argument that nobody left with anything worthwhile.

It's just another case of someone crying because the new loot system hasn't dropped what they needed and are demanding the old system back, which very rarely dropped anything you could roll on, anyway, without the group going ape **** if it wasn't for your role.

Trust me, we won't hear from him again once he has his first good drop, which he'll receive unopposed from his team mates. He won't be back on to apologise for all his complaining, either or to thank the devs for introducing a fair system.
    • Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very good and very true.
  11. XODUIS Committed Player

my grief is what i said in my post, nothing else. Im not selfish and i understand i wont have my way all the time. but for a whole raid group to leave disappointed and angry, that's bull. So please stop trying to decode my meaning and understand its exactly what im typing
  12. Cloud_9 New Player

And if there was shared loot again, mature players for divvy it out accordingly instead of everyone randomly getting gear. A shared loot system would prevent my hypothetical case. Your argument is also calculated under the assumption that everyone will need on everything they can, which simply isn't true.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

That's wrong though and you know it. Let's pretend we got in a group together. I am a controller, too. You want to make the group run it under the old system, I don't want to compete with you for any potential controller loot. You're able to get your own way and the group runs under the old system. 87 Traces troll gear drops and a bow. I want both. You want the troll gear. We both roll need on the gear and you win. How is that fair to me? It isn't. Me not wanting to compete with you doesn't make me selfish. It makes you selfish forcing your old, unfair system on me which meant me lose the loot I need whilst you dance around because you got what you wanted.

That'll probably never happen, because you're probably one of these people in the perfect leagues which never alternate teams and run content together at set times on set days. Unfortunately for the rest and vast majority of us, that isn't the case. Even when we're part of good leagues, the teams are always being switched to cater to new members and replacements for regulars who are offline.

I'm sorry, but I've ran countless raids on the old system where I didn't see any controller gear drop in the entire raid. So it's not working any differently than it is now. It isn't shafting you at all. It's actually very nice to know that if something I need does drop, it's mine and won't be lost in a roll to the other controller.
    • Like x 1
  14. WonderValkyrie New Player

sweet another whine thread about the new loot system
    • Like x 3
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

most players aren't mature. That is a fact. or at least an exteremely logical and realistic assumption.

Though you are right that I forgot to take into account that most wouldn't need on it. and mine was also from the prespective of a DPS.

lets admit it though. This loot system was designed with the ninja looted DPS in mind
    • Like x 1
  16. SoulflyMike42 New Player

I agree and like the new loot system so far. If I get a piece of gear that I cannot use or equip. I salvage it;). Getting more complexes and also closer to the salavage feats.
  17. XODUIS Committed Player

To answer your first grief. You dont like like we're running the old loot system LEAVE AND FIND A GROUP WHO WILL. 2nd grief this is what i heard, " I WANT THIS BUT DONT WANT YOU TO HAVE IT." have some curtsy its an MMO not a single player. 9/10 if you say i desperately need that piece, ill pass on it and let you get it. its called Comprimise something it seems a lot of people dont know anthing about.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

EXACTLY.
  19. XODUIS Committed Player

This is exactly why i said it should be optional because clearly shown on this thread is we hate the system, you love it. We compromise and it becomes optional, simple. You run with your new loot system raids. And we run with the old system raid groups. Now i dont know why you guys are even arguing at this point. Whats the harm of there being two different loot systems. Its a win/win situation
  20. insinceremelody New Player

• Like x 2