Blue Lantern

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulmyss, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

So i've heard it's confirmed that the next power coming out will be Blue Lantern, which will be a tank..
    Will it be exactly like green lantern with all the clipping and chains, but with more shields or will it be totally different? What facts have been released about it?
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

It was never confirmed.
    • Like x 13
  3. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

Just to add to Zod's point...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Ironically I will probably soon receive a message in my inbox informing me that my post has been removed for trolling.
    • Like x 3
  5. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Haha... Funny, I thought it was confirmed, my bad, apologies.
  6. Savage Mind Committed Player

Is blue lantern the new water??
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nothing is ever confirmed unless you see an official announcement for yourself. Twitter, Facebook or the "Announcement" section of this forum will almost always be the first places any new information is revealed.
  8. Gwalir Loyal Player

There are some guessing it'd be a new Lantern power due to the next DLC (after Trigon) being Lantern-based that introduces Blue Lanterns into the game and the fact the four energy weapons in the Marketplace are Green, Yellow, Blue, and Red, which covers the two Lanterns we have in-game as well as the Blue and Red Lanterns.

However, nowhere has it actually been said that the next powerset will be Blue Lanterns, or even that the next DLC will even have a new power.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mermaid Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No the Blue Lantern power has not be officially confirmed...... yet.

But that is a pretty good guess based on what we know so far.

So what do we know???

We know that the Blue Lanterns will be introduced after Sons of Trigon.

We know that there are file already in the PC test version of the game with the various Blue Lantern build (Ex; Blue Lantern Accrobat, Blue Lantern Flyer, etc).

We know that the next power set will be Tank.... since we are about to get a new healer power Celestial...... and got Troller before with Quantum.

We know that by the time the War of the Light will be over.... all the Lantern powers will be in the game.

So it is not unreasonable to expect that the next power will be a TANK power with the Blue Lantern for Heroes and the Red Lantern for villains.

Vulmiss... those are the facts we know of right now. If other know of more.... feel free to add to it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Hey man! My name is vulmyss!!!!
    Haha, it's all good.
    Thanks for that info, it did help me a good amount, thanks :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes the next power will be Tank, but we don't know that it's coming in DLC 9. There is no rule that three powers have to come out one after the other, that's just how it has been in the past. I'm not saying DLC 9 won't have a new power, just to keep in mind that there is a slim possibility that it might not.
    • Like x 1
  13. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Mhm. I mean i might just switch to it.. I LOVE LOVE tanks...But we will see how this one is. I'm not really a fan of the combo chains, cause i hate having to remember which mouse button to click each time. I hope it'll be different for blue lanterns (if it comes out)
  14. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

How do you think this will be different than ice or fire? How will it be defensively tanky without super health or super shields?
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm sure the devs will come up with a great new mechanic for Tanking with the next powerset, whatever it may be. They consistently bring in new ways to use roles that I would never have dreamt up in a thousand years so I place my faith in them with no qualms whatsoever.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ouupps. Sorry... my bad. ;)

But glad it could help.
  17. Statman New Player

To be more specific on this point, Spytle said all of the emotional spectrum would be featured in the game, not necessarily all Lantern powers (kind of gives off connotations of being playable).
  18. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

I see.
    Well we will see what happens in the future, of course. Bring it on!!
    • Like x 1
  19. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

What? When did this show up and how come I can't find it. Anyone want to point out where abouts this stuff is located?
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Finally. Someone who understands what irony means.