Blue Lanterns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Flair Well-Known Player

Quick clarification here please. I know Jens said that Saint walker and the Blue Corps were coming in the next DLC. I also know that some folks have inferred that this means Blue (and possibly Red) Lanterns will be the new tank power.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is do we have confirmation one way or another that players will be able to play the game using a blue light powerset or not.
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

No confirmation. All speculation.
    • Like x 9
  3. Flair Well-Known Player

kk thx
  4. darkmoon caverns New Player

I don't know why people keep trying to spread false rumors about the next power NOT being rainbow.
    • Like x 9
  5. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I know right?
    • Like x 1
  6. Reyleonard New Player

Can people please stop being funny and stop asking for rainbow/unicorn powers. The joke gets old really quick.
    • Like x 5
  7. darkmoon caverns New Player

What joke?
    • Like x 10
  8. General Zod 10000 Post Club

It isn't a joke and isn't getting old, if anything these lantern threads are getting old.
    • Like x 16
  9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I WANT UNICORN POWERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
    • Like x 5
  10. LootNinja New Player

They should really make all the lantern haters mad and make a full dlc with a sandbox city of Oa with all the corps running around fighting inversions and entities. And then make the remaining 6 colors into 6 new powersets LoL that'll teach em
  11. SuperiorMouse New Player

it's confirmed that the next tank set is WATER /sarcasm (ignore my signature)
    • Like x 1
  12. Reyleonard New Player

13. Death Throe New Player

They are simply not...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. darkmoon caverns New Player

Think of the possibilities. We could have a new movement mode that lets you travel by rainbow!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Cream Corn New Player

No one hates on lanterns it is actually the opposite. If they put in blue and red they need to get really creative as to how they would work and still stick to the comic template.
  16. MercPony Devoted Player

Yeah if Blue/Red Lantern powers become player usable they need to be inventive in a way that sets them apart from the Green/Yellow Lantern powers aside from having a different off-role. I have no hate for Lanterns but just want them all to be unique as they are in the comics.

Anyway, why all the hate on Rainbow powers? Superman himself has used them.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Superman couldn't handle the power of the Rainbow... maybe we can?
    • Like x 4
  17. Galaximus2013 New Player

It would be exciting to see more Lanterns. Nothing wrong with a little diversity.
  18. Moneybags118 New Player

The devs haven't confirmed it, but despite the fact most of the community is in denial the next power is probably going to be Blue/Red lanterns.
  19. Cream Corn New Player

The comics have created a barriers that make adding more colors almost impossible the way the game is.

People can control will and fear, those are easy. How many can control rage? For the most part, red lanterns start off as mindless rage beasts. DPS is easy but how could you tank if you have no control of yourself?

Blue has no offensive capabilities without green around, for what is hope without the will to do it? For tanking it works but can't DPS without green around.

Like I said they'd have to get extremely creative to implement these two, let alone the other colors which are worse off in restrictions. A power set that switches between the two for tank/DPS could possibly work since red lanterns are anti heroes and villains can have hope too.

Edit: now that I think about it, with armories on the way having a red/blue combo power wouldn't be a bad idea.
  20. SuperiorMouse New Player

oh you mean like how we were all in denial about Water powers? :D