Block is sticking.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flash, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Veziann New Player

Was in Nexus last night and was having trouble blocking at times.
    For a while I was thinking my R1 button was on it's way out, but was reminded of the update and others in the group said they were having the same problems. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
    • Like x 2
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Everything that NexGen said i experienced in the last month. Every problem he described i see it before this update.
    I remember every single problem .
    The bombs from the spiders in the Family Op pushed me and my block was gone.
    Blocking then rolling , and my block was gone.
    Jump cancel with block (blocking in the air just fine) when hit the ground , block was gone.
    Blocking inmediatly after a power , block was gone.
    Standing Block one moment just fine and suddenly , my block was gone.
    And of course , sometimes the need to hit R1 a few times so my toon actually block effectively ( but then...suddenly...my block is gone).

All this issues that me (and im sure a lot more of people too) suffer last month , were fixed just relogging. That tells me that the Devs were working on this new changes and some error ocurred and affect the live game. Or something like that i dont know. But...relogging fixed the problem at that moment. Now it seems that the problem is huge and something needs to be done , because its really annoying.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified the problem here and will get it fixed ASAP.
    • Like x 15
  4. Amelija New Player

I can defenitely confirm all these examples are happening. After tanking nexus twice last night i thought my r1 on my controller was broken. Not being able to block half the time is not fun and seriously broken
  5. Brice Allen Loyal Player

You da man. Any idea if this will be addressed before tomorrow night:)?
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I should send you an actual pizza (from here in Chicago) for you guys to eat for getting this looked into and hopefully fixed so quickly. LOL

Thanks Mepps for keeping us updated.
    • Like x 4
  7. Daddio New Player

Thank you Mepps!
  8. WorldsDown New Player

Quick responses like this are always good.

[IMG]
  9. Aqua New Player

Many people have addressed it here already but just had to bring up what I saw myself in pvp matches specifically.

If I get hit with a stun or a knockdown or anything that interrupts my character, when I block or try to block it just doesn't register at all, leaving me to hit it up to 3 or 4 times which when faced with teams that are running in this ongoing pvp tournament, it's a straight up death sentence.

Not much to recreating it, run a quick 4s or 5s arena match since they last longer and focus fire a single person the entire match and ask them what they experienced trying to defend themselves.

Hope you guys can get a quick hot fix out before Friday's matches.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kal El-Oh-El Well-Known Player

Blocking is still sticking.
  11. Cosmicsilver New Player

I think it happens randomly. Their are times my character blocks on its own in combat for a sec. I fought critical defender yesterday and at one point my character started blocking alone and stayed for 3-4secs I thought my R1 got stuck. Also when blocking my character stays for a whole second too long and their are times she won't block but a second later. Also sometimes the block doesn't seem to respond it's rare but happens more then it should. Having all other blocking problems everyone else listed.
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

ASAP doesn't mean as soon as he posted that. LOL

We'll have to see a hotfix for downloading I'm sure.
    • Like x 2
  13. chaoticreign New Player

Hopefully soon. Or league runs paradox and nexus without a hiccup until this.

Our tank says he cannot block or gets stuck and block does not work constantly. I have never seen him die in nexus for the last 30 or so runs unless someone screwed up with the shields on last encounter.

This morning we left Nexus because it was the worst I have ever seen. To add to the blocking and make it worse we had constant DC's/Crashes/lag. At the 77 minute mark we were still on the 3rd boss and had over 14 dc's and 5 tank deaths due to block not working at all. I cannot remember the last time we have not beat the whole thing in under 77 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  14. NexGen New Player

I'll go halves with you as long as it's Sout Side good stuff, like Connie's on Archer. I guess Lou Malnadi's ships anywhere in the US though.

I woke up angry about block still lol, ty mepps.
    • Like x 1
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yeah, when I ship it to friends I just use Malnati's, its too convenient from their site. LOL
    • Like x 1
  16. The Hornet New Player

Get out of here, Lou's ships anywhere?
    • Like x 1
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Totally....

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/

Malnati's, Portillo's, Eli's, etc..... Not as good as getting it in the restaurant, but a good second when you're dying for some good pizza. LOL

Now I might have to stop for some on the way home from work... LOL
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Heh, I'm from Chicago. I speak for all of us (mostly myself) in saying I'd like some pizza from Gino's East.

We have this fixed internally, but it will take a hotfix. We'll get it out as soon as possible.
    • Like x 2
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I never knew you were from the area.... Gino's isn't the same unless you're there to write on the walls though. LOL

Glad you guys were able to find the problem and get it fixed so soon.... Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  20. Corrupted Ertai New Player

I visited Chicago several years back and went to this crazy little shack of a restarant where they brought me a stack of napkins and a bucket of water when we sat down. Apparently its a giant spit wod competition in there. I left with welts, soggy clothes, pruny fingers, and a hell of a smile on my face. Can't remember what it was called. Anyone know?