Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Dual Wield Scarecrow Sinister Cleavers
    The Vengeance breaks my heart a little every time he uses them because I know I can't have them. lol.
    • Like x 3
  2. MasterRedDeth New Player

The ability to dual wield diff weapons like a shield and a pistol. It would be cool to see people wandering around Gotham/Metropolis knocking people out with various weaponry at once. It'd totally make weapon proficiencies a lot more open for experimentation and for me I'd start acquiring all the other proficiencies. Another good one would be Lobo's chain and hook that could be unlocked through some kind of drop in a boss battle. Give us a crossbow too instead of just a bow and arrows.
    • Like x 1
  3. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I would really like to see this. I would love for my shield to be seen on my back, my pistols visible in my holster, dual wields crossed on my back, etc.

I would like a cane for one-handed along with spats and stand around looking like Mr. Peanut.
    • Like x 2
  4. MasterRedDeth New Player

Agreed. It'd make our hero/villain characters look more legit than they currently are.
  5. Bobburt Committed Player

Freakin one handed Monk Blade on the hero side!!!!!!!!!!

One handed Rambo knife style
    . [IMG]

More "joke" weapons like:
    2h, staff broom or rake
    1h lamp
    dp cork pop guns like you see in old cartoons
    PS3 Slim shield... huhuhu
    cardboard tube rifle, 1h, dw
    1h, dw scissors
    1h, dw pillow
    • Like x 4
  6. Mr Venom Active Player

I would like a wet mop. I know it sounds silly but it would be funny to tell someone you got slapped in the face with a mop.
    • Like x 4
  7. Matt10981 New Player

How bout a new weapon style, like the very popular whip, or a martial arts style that focused on using kicks and such. A single pistol style might seem redundant, but could still be cool. I would love to see more specialized weapon styles... Scyth is a staff style, but would be a great style on its own. Like Battle ax versus mace.
    • Like x 2
  8. Circe New Player

Pink Energy Weapon
    • Like x 1
  9. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

For the Holiday seasonal, a roll of wrapping paper for one/two handed. Who hasn't played with those cardboard tubes? Good times.
    • Like x 3
  10. beyondbats12 New Player

tommy gun for rifle
    crowbar for one hand
    crossbows
    and hopefully more futuristic styles
    • Like x 2
  11. Razy New Player

Lots of good ideas. My concern is, what's the catch. More investigation glowies to find, some mission to get the weapon (s) as reward?. Nothing comes easy on dcuo for customization :p
  12. Cloud_9 New Player

Quantum weapon pack WITH NO HAMMERS OR AXES. TIRED OF THAT BULLOCKS.

BEAM SWORDS, I love DCUO so
    • Like x 7
  13. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Iconic Weapons styles; while the damage for each may vary, they do look cool;

Harley's One-Liner
    (Shield): An inverted (upside-down), dirty & dented sign from Arkham Asylum with a neon-green smile spray-painted on it.
    Riot-Control Barrier (Shield), like the ones used by the GCPD or Metro SCU.
    Kryptonian Chevron: Heroes get the 'S' style, while Villians get the 'Z' style. Shaped like Superman's chest chevron.
    WayneTech Early-Stage Prototype (aka 'The Bat-Shield'; a shield shaped like the classic 'Bullet-Proof Bat-Shield' seen in the 1966 Batman TV series. extremely rare & untradeable/sellable.
    Hera's Protection/Circe's Condemnation: The round shield used by Wonder Woman in the "Circe's Stronghold" instance; Circe's version has her face on it.
    Huntress' Crossbows: just like the ones seen in Iconic Anomaly: The Hunt.
    Joker's Thompson Machine Gun: complte with 'Bang!' flag, still functions like a Machine Gun.

New clothing styles:
    orange Arkham Asylum/Stryker's Island Penitentiary jumpsuit.
    Composite Superman costume (seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_Superman), does not provide super-powers.

New Lair Items:
    Mentor Screen: a small flatscreen that depicts the Iconic 'talking' (no actual sound is produced) One exists for each Iconic (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.)
    Single Teleporter: a one-person 'teleporter' for your lair. Does not take the place of Warp HQ/Warp Base.
    • Like x 4
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you look back at some old videos from E3 in (I think) 2009, "Head" was actually a weapon. Spytle demoed it using a character called Laff Riot who had the Mental powerset. I can see a lack of melee attacks being the reason it was removed...

This video actually shows some gameplay of an electric character using head blasts at about 30 seconds in.
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh and now that I watch it again there's actually a Fire character using the Ring weapon at about 45 seconds.
  16. Wilder Midnight New Player

i want dual wield spiked maces for tanks.

a giant ball and chain too.
  17. seeg88 New Player

sais fow dual weapon. maybe nunchucks could be good. items off the street (garbage can lid as a shield as an example), chains/whips (get your minds out of the gutter :) )
    • Like x 3
  18. Radium Devoted Player

My dreams while being drunk at the bar can finally come to life!

"DOWNWARD SMASH!, your break."
  19. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I like to fish, so maybe for the Summer Seasonal I'd like to have one handed/dual wield fly fishing rods (with sound FX). Those bad boys hurt on the receiving end.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We have the Trash Can Lid as a shield in game already. I would love a whip weapon, and Sais would be awesome.