Please Fix Weapon Style Saves!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TK PUSHA, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4rkwond3r New Player

2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is resolved with GU 27.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tule New Player

This was said to be fixed in GU 27. Was this only fixing the problem when logging out? Cause when I change from staff to bow the styles still reset, or was that not considered a bug?
    • Like x 2
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

still BROKEN!!!!!!!!:mad:

old bug thread needs to be reopened.
    ---NOT resolved.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post if you are still seeing problems with weapon styles saving, after GU 27.
    • Like x 1
  6. DragonusDarque New Player

Yep. I made a thread about this yesterday, but it wasn't answered. For me, it only seems to affect the Dual Sword style.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's the way it has always been. But it works in two ways, I'll try to explain it as best I can.

You log in and have Dual Wield equipped, Blue Energy is the style.
    You swap to Shield with Gemmed Shield as the style attached to it. You will display the Gemmed Shield.
    If you change the shield style to Blue Energy shield and then swap back and forth between Dual Wield and Shield it will remember the style as Blue Energy for both of them as long as you are logged in.

If you have the Dual Wield weapon equipped when you log out then it will remember the DW style you chose when you log in next time, but it will not remember the Shield style you chose. This is the way it has always been.

The game will always remember your style choice for the weapon you have equipped when you log out (of course unless there is a glitch like we have had the past few weeks) but it will not remember your style choice for any other weapons you do not have equipped when you log out.

Hopefully that was clear enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Fixed for me.
  9. Tule New Player

Thats not what Im referring to. I will have Amazon bow. Switch to Prime. Do Alerts. Switch to Staff. Do duos. Switch back to bow and will be amazon again. All in the same log in, with style set to "lock".
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah ok, my bad. I switched between weapons a couple of times today and it didn't happen me. Must still be a few isolated cases.
  11. DJ Spinaltap New Player

Yes....weapon styles do not save when you equip a different weapon, even when your primary weapon setting is saved to "locked." For example, I use one hand and have my style saved. Once i equip a different weapon, the style changes even though having the style I wanted saved prior to switching.
    • Like x 1
  12. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

my weapon style saves are completely broken still.
    ive tried unequiping, reequiping, locking, unlocking, locking again... log out, log in, etc.

basically exact same problem as it was previously as far as i can tell.
    though i had one friend tell me they were saving for him now, so i guess there might be some variable i havent found yet.
  13. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

14. surge914 New Player

^This happens to me. Can switch to any weapon and change style and game will remember but whatever I currently have equipped when logging out is the one that will be remembered for when I log in and if I switch weapon I'll have to change the style again.
    • Like x 1
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Still having this problem as well
  16. Missus Jay New Player

Still broken
  17. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

what appears to have happened is that this issue was 'partially' fixed.
    from what i gather weapon styles will save even through logouts UNTIL you switch stances.
    so for the players that just stay in one role all the time they might not think there is an issue anymore.
    as soon as you switch to dps or your role and then switch weapons the style will not be saved from what i can tell.

thanks.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If possible, could anyone having this problem post their server, character name, and which weapons and styles they are specifically switching between?
  19. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Us Pc and I switch from duel wield, the runed blades and when I log in I am using some axes. Oh and name is Blazeing fire
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

After careful review, weapon styles are saving as intended. Previously, logging out and back in would not save your currently equipped weapon style - that was a bug and has been fixed. We have never saved styles for unequipped weapons through logout.

For example, if you set your Staff style to Simple Staff, switch to Bow, then log out, when you log back in switch to staff, you will not have the style you selected in your last play session - it will be set on default. (The style setting will remain when you are logged in, but not through logging out.) Again, this is intended behavior with how the system is currently set up.

If you think we should make changes to save and persist your style selections to unequipped gear through logging out, please open a discussion/suggestion thread in Gotham City.

That said, if you are experiencing something different than what I described, please do post again so we can make sure we are not missing something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.