Mic bug on Ps3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 478874, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Miahztwin Committed Player

lol its major, but i mean, hasnt everyone been playing this game for so long already got it down to a natural reaction. Whenever I log in, its almost innate for me to just press start and adjust it lol and sometimes i dont even remember doing it cause i do it so naturally. I will say this though, whenever you adjust it and you access chat, it loads so SLOW. Unless you have a keyboard but being stuck in save is annoying
    • Like x 1
  2. Zozame New Player

Why are there 4 ******* who voted down this bug? This bug needs to be voted up immediately to protect your speakers from becoming permanently damaged if not already.
  3. KillJoyDOD New Player

We shouldn't have to F with the settings every time we log in or switch to another character, especially after a 3 to 5 min login time!!!
  4. Ace1 Dedicated Player

This has become a reaction lol, first thing I do when I log in. If they ever took it out, it would be a hard habit to break :) +1
  5. Veziann New Player

Have the same issue on USPS3 every time I log or switch characters I have to slide the speaker volume back and forth in the settings.
    Majorly annoying!
  6. Omega Boy Committed Player

I've always had this as well. The only workaround that I've found useful is to set my settings lower so that the increased volume during login makes them at normal levels. The problem I have now is if I make any adjustments, everything is too quiet until I relog.
  7. Potent New Player

Please do not do this anymore.

When you log in, adjust your mic volume, so that the glitch is fixed.

If you have a mic and do not do this, you will boil the brains of everyone you group with.
  8. Statman New Player

I searched this and got nothing on the first page of returns (I'm not searching all the returned pages, lol), so I'm going to make this post in regards to the in game voice chat and how screwy it is.

1. Upon logging in, voice chat is always incredibly loud and distorted, well above the volume level the game can reach (for chat).
      • This effects both input and output.
      • Our current workaround to fix this is to simply move the volume scale (in settings) and it will correct itself. This should not be needed.
    2. Currently, (for ps3 at least) your mic needs to be turned on and working prior to loading the game up, otherwise it will not work for anything longer than the instance you are currently in, whether that be in a mission instance, or in open world areas. Once you switch between the mic will stop working at all.
      • This effects both input and output.
      • The only current work around is going back to the Playstation Dashboard, turning on your mic, start up DCUO again.
    These have both been issues since the game launched in January 2011, and I'm sure many people wish this could be finally fixed.

Thank you.

P.S. If PC has issues with chat also, feel free to comment on it. I'm not experienced with voice chat on the PC version of this game, so so any info PC users could provide would be helpful.
    • Like x 29
  9. Master Manipulator New Player

Can't believe more don't up vote this thread
  10. Photomancer New Player

Wow these are all the issues i have with my mic +1
  11. TristenLL New Player

12. Statman New Player

It's only a recent thread, but hopefully it can be built up to feature on the first page of bugs. I've got it giant in my sig to try spread the word, lol.
  13. Sgt Forge New Player

I gave this thread a plus one, however I highly doubt this is fixable, since it has been an ongoing issue to 2.5 years. Surely, if it was fixable, they would have done it by now. My best hope is the PS4 has its own "party" chat like Xbox to work around this!
  14. Statman New Player

15. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Even moving the slider to the right will make the mic feedback go down lol
  16. Statman New Player

How did I not see this thread?

I posted yesterday about this exact issue, as search did not show this in the first page of results (I'll admit, I lazily didn't go through any of the other pages). I plan on abandoning my thread as this one has double the votes, and apparently votes are what matters (says Mepps).

Below is a link to the thread I made which also gives details (with better formatting, lol) on how the bug operates. Even if you want to vote on both threads and get both on the front page of bugs, they'll realise how strongly feel about getting this fixed!!

In game voice chat
  17. REEEPR New Player

A simple workaround i use is to create a personal side chat channel. What happens is that as soon as you log in, the game switches you automatically to your side channel. This gives you a nice long window to go bump your slider. Also, have you ever dc'd and logged back in to find a group invite on the screen? The side channel trick saves ears while you fumble with accepting the invite and deciding to phase to them or not.

Use the force Luke. Come to the Side channel side.
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Its funny...A guy from our league came back to the game the other day after a 2 year hiatus and said "Wow, really? They still havent fixed the mic thing?"

Its crazy how this is STILL an issue after 2 1/2 years
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating.
    • Like x 5
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

We thank you, do you have anything to share like what you think may be the cause of the problem?

I think most people have just accepted it at this point but some insight as to why it's broken would be sweet.