Great game but.................

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Monkeyboy, May 21, 2013.

1. Monkeyboy Committed Player

First let me say I love this game. My complaint with it is the new solos. Please SoE why would you ever think a buggy solo that severely limits you would hold the attention of gamers? I mean you can't switch your role to try a different challenge if you wanted to. The new operations are fun and entertaining but those solos are lame.
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Youre not meant to switch your role. You merely playing as a legends toon... nothing more, nothing less.
    • Like x 1
  3. neptunesBeard New Player

It's not lame for skilled players...
  4. Wizz Tron New Player

Why I don't get is why make PvE solo with PvP elements?
  5. LordZeonidas New Player

If you don't like it don't play it.
    • Like x 1
  6. somebody nobody everybody New Player

PvP elements? All I see are combat mechanics that are present in both sides of the game currently.

Sure, it used to be a lot more prominent in PvP, but the game has evolved and people need to deal with it coz I highly doubt it's ever going away.

The solos are great. Don't know what you're on about OP. Don't like it, don't play it. No one is forcing you to do the solos.
    • Like x 3
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

So everyone has a fair and equal chance of beating it. If you take Strykers and Ace Chemical solo instances, you have to be a DPS or Tank to beat the content comfortably without real effort and it is harder for Healers and Controllers. With the T5 solo's it's fair across the board and everyone is on the same level (at least from a basic standpoint, skill is a different issue).
    • Like x 1
  8. Wizz Tron New Player

So playing as Bizzaro or The Huntress isn't PvP elements?
    I would much rather play as the character I built up not some Legends character, especially when it's one not of my choosing
  9. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

the solos have nothing to do with pvp.
    pvp= player vs player.
    /end thread.
    • Like x 7
  10. Wizz Tron New Player

And that's my point
    We're using PvP legends character and we're not in PvP
  11. somebody nobody everybody New Player

As TK said above, I don't see any other players in the instance, where's the PvP?
  12. somebody nobody everybody New Player

But you aren't using PvP Legends characters exactly... those who haven't unlocked them with MoL aren't locked from the instance at all, are they? No.
  13. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I do like the solos... But I wish they had alternatives where u can use ur own toon as well... So that would be 4 daily solos...
  14. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

holy semantics batman.
    • Like x 4
  15. Wizz Tron New Player

Just because someone hasn't unlocked them doesn't mean they're not still PvP legend toons
  16. Wilder Midnight New Player

actually i understand your point.

i love the t5 solos...but it would be nice if we had a way to earn a mark or two a day doing a t5 solo as our own character. even if they gave one of the solo missions the outer/inner treatment and increased its difficulty to t5 status. they could even reworl one of the levelling missions into a t5 (the sentinals of magic fight with brother blood could be reworked successfully and be a nice prologue to the sons of trigon content we'll be facing someday.

as for the origin anomolies i want more.

i can see several. if they ever put wonder woman in legends they should back it up with her own iconic anomoly. a cool cut scene with her younger days entering her mothers contest for a champion, cool fight, end cut scene with bullets and bracelets and princess diana becoming wonder woman.

an ia for nightwing covering his transition from robin to nightwing.

one for raven first encountering the horror that is her father

etc etc etc...
    • Like x 1
  17. somebody nobody everybody New Player

Yes, they are a mirror of the Legends toon.

No, there still aren't PvP elements involved, which means there is nothing to do with PvP in the instance.

This I would love. Finally, Spytle can back up his '70 years worth of stories to explore' quote he always pulls out, lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dead_Corps New Player

the new solos are there to teach you the new mechanics of the game. Learn these and you will be a better player.Don't and be carried threw content.
  19. Comixfan Committed Player

They're not "PvP elements", they're combat mechanics that have been present in the game since the beginning. They just became more prevalent with an overhaul to the combat system.

Why people insist on calling them PvP elements/mechanics is beyond me.
    • Like x 2
  20. Laff Riot New Player

I love them. They are easy to do. And quick. I wish we honestly had more of them.
    • Like x 7