Xbox Infinity Reveal

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by WonderValkyrie, May 21, 2013.

1. Warlan New Player

Yeah, I'm not aligned with either console because I have them all. LOL. Half of those games you listed are multi console. Lot of time between now and the holiday season. ;)

I'm hoping some of those free to play MMOs make their way onto the consoles.
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

The Pros
    - New technology for higher RAM and more Processing power
    - New technology to intergrate TV and Blu-ray into the device
    - Will allow multitasking which will let you jump from Game to TV to Web very quickly
    - Will allow you to record game video to a Cloud storage system to be shared via social networks

The Cons
    - No backwards compatibility with 360 or the original Xbox
    - All games will be installed on the HDD, if the game was preowned then a fee will have to be paid before you can play the game
    - Doesn't need to be connected to the Internet all the time, but needs to be connected at some points in time in order to play games

There are probably more things that I'm not thinking of now but this is all that came to mind. There are also lots of features that were stated during the reveal as if they were new but the current Xbox 360 already does them. i.e. Voice Commands.
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Yeah Injustice and Borderlands 2 are, but I typically play on PS3 because the majority of my friends have PS3's. I have all the consoles too so I'm not biased either way.
  4. jahoadley New Player

• Like x 1
  5. Bishop New Player

There's something in my loft that looks almost like that, think its called a VCR.

Yes I love PS, hate Xbox, but I can be impartial when needed.

Having said that, that is the worst modern console design I have ever seen. Had my design tutor ever saw me draw that..

Bishop
  6. Warlan New Player

It's supposed to match all of the other entertainment devices you have. In fact, it will look perfect with my $3000 stereo. The PS3 oh the other hand, does not. Not that the Xbox 360 looked much better. Point being, I don't give a crap if it fits in my entertainment system and doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. I don't understand why the 'hate' over one console. Seems petty to me. In the end, I'll have both but the deciding factor will likely be which games my friends end up wanting to play. It was the Xbox for 11ish years then DCUO came out and we switched.
  7. Warlan New Player

I think those cons will be the same for the PS3. I haven't seen the reveal of the PS3 yet so I don't know what the pros are. :)

I think we'll know a lot more when E3 hits.
    • Like x 1
  8. Meta Flare New Player

If the Xbox gets another exclusive like Lost Odyssey then I will definitely get it at some point. Maybe even a sequel of sorts. Or jade empire 2.
  9. Rufus T Fyrfly Well-Known Player

That would be awesome to play TERA, Rift, or Dragon Nest on a console.

Alot of people seem to forget that Microsoft wants to cater to a more "casual" audience. By casual, I mean a more general audience, not just "gamers" only. Face it. Gaming as a whole is changing and it needs a new face. G4 becoming Esquire channel should have been a good indicator. So yeah, I don't understand why the hate for a console either. It's just business.

Welcome to the mainstream.
  10. jahoadley New Player

Someone at Sony is pleased.
    [IMG]
  11. Zizzi New Player

It sounds like the jump from PS3 to PS4 is MUCH greater than Xbox 360 to Xbox One...

Microsoft may be trying to bite off a little too much here because they're trying to get everything in one console, but we will see how it goes...
  12. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I saw this earlier and practically choked, I was laughing so hard.

Look, I'm happy for those of you who are excited. But the XBox just has never been my bag, baby. The reveal just got a giant-sized yawn from me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Your "Bag, baby"???? Are you really Migraine?
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

My apologies. I was watching Austin Powers earlier and just couldn't behave. ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Lol! Ruffled shirts for everyone!
  17. Rufus T Fyrfly Well-Known Player

Quick! Hit its weak spot for massive damage!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

lol microsoft ... i remember when they meant something
    now they make my nuts hurt
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm sure some Sony execs are feeling decently happy, especially after the stock price jump, but I don't think they should be jumping for joy just yet. There's still some details about their own system (price point probably being one of the biggest unknowns) that we don't know about yet that can trip them up.

I still chuckle and shake my head a bit thinking back on all the press trying to justify the initial pricing on the PS3.
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I think the PS4 won't require an internet connection at all to function. Also it won't require hardware like a camera and mic to function, which later in the day Microsoft said the Xbox One won't function without a Kinect hooked up. I think the pros between the two systems are the same excluding the ability for the Xbox One to function as a cable receiver and allow you to jump from Live TV to Game to Web to DVR TV which doesn't appear to exist for the PS4. I don't know that Playstation has fully explained how their preowned games will play on the PS4, neither company has talked price, Xbox hasn't said how much the TV service and Xbox Live will cost, it was said that some EA sports games would be exclusive to the Xbox One but then later they just would say they will be available at launch so there's some mixed signals there, and a whole lot more of unknowns.

Hopefully at E3 all will be said but I'm guessing not. They'll keep a few surprises for just before launch.