Xbox Infinity Reveal

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by WonderValkyrie, May 21, 2013.

1. WonderValkyrie New Player

Who's excited to watch the reveal today for the newest xbox console today on ign,gametrailers etc? I really enjoyed the ps4 reveal back on feb 22, and really looking forward to what the next xbox can do. This is going to be a crazy holiday this year, so many games and so little time.

[IMG]
  2. MARK2099 New Player

I want to know price and specs, i never been into xbox mostly because i been playing most exclusive games on ps in general since ps1 era, but if the price is right i may get one at some point.
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I'm not that excited but I'll read whatever articles are written about it afterward. I have a 360 now but I hardly play it. Haven't even turned it on in over two months.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain Just New Player

Same here
  5. Faust74 Loyal Player

Personally, I am done with Xbox. I was a long time fanboy since the original Xbox, but the last two year MS pretty much turn me off on everything they done with the 360. So I'm not interested in anything MS comes up with their next gen console.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be honest I'm surprised Microsoft is making their announcement when E3 is right around the corner. Unless their plan is to concentrate on showing off the games at E3, it doesn't seem to make any sense to reveal the system (especially if they are also releasing price points and details) when they could have just waited a few weeks.

But then, Sony and Microsoft do seem to like playing "keeping up with the neighbors" with each other when it comes to their console releases. Kind of a shame that none of their systems since the PS2 have really wowed me enough to buy one or had enough games that I HAD to play to justify the prices they were asking.
  7. Warlan New Player

That's cause you insist on playing this buggy game. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. WonderValkyrie New Player

9. Warlan New Player

Less Major Nelson, more of the blonde.
  10. jahoadley New Player

OP was out by 719 as it's XBOX ONE, or in otherwords, XBOX NO, thanks I'll stick to the PS4.
  11. jahoadley New Player

Sorry, that was terrible. An all in one entertainment system for the home, where you can watch TV and happen to play games. How about a machine designed wholly for gaming, instead of wasted memory etc on other functions.
    • Like x 1
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This, Little Big Planet, God of War, Injustice, and Borderlands 2 are all I've been playing and all on PS3. I played Halo 4 last time I turned on the Xbox a few months ago and I think the little guy was playing Seseme Street Kinect around then too.

Although Xbox may have sometype of super immersive world that is developed that brings me back in.
  13. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

and this is why I'm switching to PC gaming.
  14. WonderValkyrie New Player

well it looked pretty cool, although i did hope to see more games but thats what E3 is for i guess. I'm not sure it'll be a day 1 purchase yet like the ps4 but i'll keep my eye on e3 for sure
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The whole "all-in-one" integration thing? Three words kept rolling through my mind: I don't care. Great for those who want it, but nothing I really need in my life.

The overview of the new tech? All I could say was, "That's probably going to be ex-PEN-sive!"

The TV talk? Ultimately TV is still a passive entertainment experience, no matter what bells and whistles you put on it.

The tech they showed off was impressive and responsive, I won't deny that. But at the end of the show, there was nothing that was making me say, "I HAVE to have that system," especially if all they'll have to offer beyond that stuff is shinier graphics.
  16. Stitch Well-Known Player

I like that it's an all-in-one media spot. Also a Halo TV series...
  17. Radium Devoted Player

I dunno about you, but I have that now lol

I stream media constantly from my PC to PS3.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Couple of interesting new items popping up now, though. No constant online connection required and gamerscores and tags will transfer. However, no backwards compatibility with 360 games and players who try and use pre-owned games might be facing extra fees.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-has-preowned-fee-6408671

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-wont-be-backwards-compatible-with-xbox-360-games-6408668

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/gamerscore-will-port-over-to-xbox-one

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05...et-connection?abthid=519bc8db227d9b524300003f
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Sony better figure out how to transfer our PSN info if Xbox is doing it....
    • Like x 2
  20. Delta795 New Player

Here's the biggest turn off for me:
    "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet," Microsoft said. "We're designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

So what If I just want to play an offline game and I lose internet? Or if you live in a rural area with no access? Haaaaa stupid Xbox!
    They do know it's supposed to be a gaming console first...RIGHT?