PvP Counters Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Zizzi, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopBot New Player

PVP is a crap shoot atm. Visual indicators don't mean anything anymore. Frozen after breakout, handblaster bug, etc. I even had my blockbreaker blocked. I'm sure this will be resolved in a future game update. I'll resub when it is.
    • Like x 1
  2. Woodler New Player

Please fix :)
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

We never experienced it with the old pvp system. :/
    • Like x 1
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Now i noticed that Block now have a BB window?! ohh thx gods! :)
  5. Woodler New Player

Me too, but it seems too large to me :S

I've been getting block broken 3taps into melee - I think that window is too large. But maybe I just need to get used to it?
  6. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

indeed, the window is away too large for me.
  7. Woodler New Player

Trust the devs to make a change to help those with delayed timing...

do they not play the game?
  8. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

of course not, they make the changes and players deal with it.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Geez, they could have just made the block-animation a little longer.

The visual feedback is even worse now, than the one by the time this thread was started!
    ...................................................................................................................................................................................................
    I already sugested it somewhere else:
    No more invisible window for non-charged/non-channeled blockbreaks.
    Animation-duration = window-duration

It would slow down some weapon's blockbreaks (2h probably the most), but I think it would decrease a new player's confusion about counters.
    ...................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Another thing: All counters happen and get the visual feedback ~1 second too late. This way I can be block-broken and successfully lunge my oponent for the blockbreak that will punish me...
    Sometimes clipping seems to inverse the counter immunity, the disable-animation or they go seperate: I lunge my openent, I get the disable and he gets the immunity. Or he gets the immunity and the disable or I get disable and immunity. Seriously odd. I see it the most when a lantern character is involved in Legends-PvP, but that probably due to heavy clipping with them, because I had this with me clipping Robin's combos too.
  10. ReVamp New Player

I thought I was the only one and they nerfed my account xD

Fix this asap!!!
  11. thenewkidd New Player

This is especially problematic when doing the T5 solos.... because you would throw a block break... do some "quick damage" and then block and get block broken by a NON BLOCK BREAKING move (e.g a full on "square" move will knock you down, in PS3 terms).
    • Like x 1
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I've noticed a bit lately that I'm getting the "block broken" icon over my head...when I haven't blocked or even broken out of a CC for a good long while. I can't tell if it's just a messaging issue or if something else is going on. PvP is...very confusing these days.
    • Like x 1
  13. Woodler New Player

This is making rifle near useless for me,

I do a backward flip - block break opponent - opponent breakouts and lunges me successfully, while I'm blocking. So she/he is lunging me ON THE SAME BLOCK BREAK I HIT HIM WITH.

Second scenario which is frustrating me is when I throw a quick block while opponent melees. Its not successful, so I go into a melee combo of my own - three taps in I get block broken.
    • Like x 2
  14. Nawtae Well-Known Player

Please fix this. Mechanics are broken. I should be able to block break my opponent while they are blocking. My opponent realized this did not block break them in Legends so they lunged me and punished me...then on top of it there is a punishment/pvp trinket bug so I'm stuck in place for a good 2-3 seconds unable to use powers or move and I'm getting my butt handed to me. This is bogus. :mad:!

That thread is here: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/breakouts-not-working-correctly.153743/

Please fix these mechanics!
  15. renzhe New Player

The pvp trinket is almost nearly useless in arena pvp (you can only use it for breaking out of CC, but using it to breakout of block punish is pointless now).

It is completely useless in pve now, with the amount of blocking adds in T5 content.

Makes my trinket decisions easier anyway, since there aren't any 4 wildcard DPS utility belts atm afaik. Best ones seem to be 1 trinket, 1 consumable, 2 wildcards.
    • Like x 1
  16. Woodler New Player

Sooooo when is there hotfix?????????????
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Happened to me in PvP-arenas/legends, too.
    It has become quite random what happens to counters :(.
  18. thenewkidd New Player

This is getting ridiculous... I am getting block broken when I'm not even blocking :mad:
  19. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Is this getting worst? Flurry is now block breaking, lunging at Hammer Throw doesn't interrupt, Grenade Launcher not block breaking, and the list goes on.
  20. Changeme New Player

'last laugh' and immunity srewed up pvp mechanics, there was nothing wrong with the pvp system till the devs got this mis-guided idea about immunity bb/ blok/ interrupt. it put a lot of people off pvp & the magic wand they keep trying to wave to fix the problems. bout time they realised their magic wand is actually a turd with sparkles on it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.