Best Solo Build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Shender, May 14, 2013.

1. Shender New Player

I'm sure this has been covered before, but every answer I find was 2012 and earlier. I know the game has changed a lot since then so I'll try again. I'm new to the game and just want to solo till my friend joins in a few weeks. I played the game at launch so I know the basics, but I just want to know what powers are easier to solo with and a possible build for that power. I don't care if it's healer, troller, or tank. I just want to be able to solo the stuff I come across with instances obviously not in that equation. Thanks for your help in advance and I hope this wasn't too noobish. I just thought I'd ask.
  2. D4rkwond3r New Player

So, to answer your question you must first decide what power you wish to be.I can help you out with gadget//nature//hardlight//.

Also what Cr are you what gear u have et. Dc is not only about solo in order to progress you must take part in alerts duos raids. So decide what you wish to be what main role you wanna focs: tank//dps troll/dps heal//dps and then we can discuss.
  3. NoLimit54 New Player

I was wondering this as well, myself being new(and wondering why the heck I never played this game before last week). I understand to get to the higher tiers of gear, we need to do the ops and raids, as well as the challenges and duos etc....but what class/power or two seem to stick out to people in terms of being able to solo the challenges(until the iconic of course), or maybe the class that seems to fair better in duos, is regularly consistent in open world pvp, if I wanted to do some things in the pvp phase.

For me personally, I just leveled a Quantum/Dual Pistols to 30 and am trying to settle on an alt to also take to 30, but would like it to be an even smoother trip. My first character wasn't hard by any means, this game in general seems to be pretty casual(but I am very much enjoying it so far), but for leveling and anti-social times when I just want to play an alt and progress him by myself and go through my solo challenges the seasonal type events, etc....Would it be Ice dps, survivability and decent damage, or Mental with One handed because it tears through everything(not sure this is true, just an example).

It seems alot of veteran players don't like answering these types of questions from newer people and I can understand why to an extent(I have read enough posts and did enough forum searches to see some pretty silly things). I am not looking for numbers, stats, and data to back up anyones claims or opinions. That is all most of us newbies want, just hope to get a simple opinion.

Op is correct also when he mentioned that there is alot of old info out there, one has to really dig for more current info on alot of topics for this game.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

I like electricity. It is my fav power and if you get the healing shield super charge it helps keep you alive during those moments where you are about to eat it. However troller roles are to me the easiest to solo with as you can control the enemy and do decent damage. So gadget, mental, or HL. But I hate HL so I can't really recommend it.
  5. rockyourworld New Player

The best solo build is using the power you like. Leveling from 1-30 is not that hard. Just do every quest and sidequest and soon you will be overleveled for the later solo quests anyway.
  6. Chungweishan New Player

Honestly, if you have the time, might as well try all roles to level up. Now it's been quite a while for me since I leveled a character, but I have experience with Mental, Fire, Nature, and Gadgets (in that order). It just came down to game experience which made leveling easier and easier (less time spent leveling to 30). Then you'll have a basic understanding how each role works and interacts with others. You'll know where to go and what to do to pick up those Feats/Skillpoints along the way. At level 30, buy some PvP cash-gear and try out Arenas.

Some players are exceptional at some powers/roles but awful at others. It takes a lot of time either doing higher tier missions or PvP to really formulate a Loadout / Weapon that works best for you. I personally prefer Martial Arts and use a more defensive loadout with my Mental DPS, with my Fire DPS I prefer quick-cast AoE powers. Honestly I don't recommend those loadouts for everyone (or anyone, really), but it's something I learned to use somewhat successfully after a lot of loadout revisions and testing.

So try them all out, you've got the time. If and when you're friend joins you, perhaps go for the power/roles that work best together.
  7. NoLimit54 New Player

I have a level 6 Electricity/1 handed. I've made several different power/weapon combos from the level 6-10 range trying to figure things out.
    I haven't been very fond of HL either, I was assuming something must change soon due to it being so popular for a dps power, but Electricity it is for now lol, at least until I hear something else that sounds good. It has been alot of fun so far, with a 1 hander I have been cutting through multiples of mobs at a fast rate. Thanks for your input!
  8. x2TMx New Player

I for one can tell you to just think of what role you want to play down the road. Solo instance stuff (the first time you play through) is very interesting with storylines and levels are a little hard sometimes. The last thing you want to do is choose a Earth power thinking its so cool and when you get to higher end stuff at lvl 30 like alerts and raids you find out you can only DPS or Tank and not Heal or Troll like you wanted to.

Heres a video of mine that can give some insight on controlling and see if its something you may like to do. This is from a Gadgets perspective but the advice and strategy in video goes hand in hand with Hardlight Controlling, Mental Controlling and the new Quantum Controlling.

9. Zim New Player

Pick a power, any power and just run every solo content as DPS.

Once you have your power come back and ask the same question.
  10. Meta Flare New Player

If you stick with it to level thirty I have a load out to suggest that is good for both dps and ranged.

Tesla ball- electrocute- voltaic bolt- electro genesis or arc lightning(usually Egen, I think arc lightning is fun though)- wired- word of power(from the iconic tree sense the electric supercharges are not worth the cost)

My healer load out isn't very different than the ones in the guide so I won't post that.
  11. Foxe Well-Known Player

No 1 power has any significant advantage, especially at 1-30. For post level 30 content I find DPS much easier for solo stuff, healer and tank just takes forever. I have levelled every power except quantum to 30 and have multiple alts that I have at least run some post 30 stuff with.

Depends on your experience and play style. When I first got to 30, I was very new and so loved being a tank because it helped with surviving, now I've been playing over 2 years, I know all the content and find just DPSing everything easier.

Pick a power you like the sound of, with a support role you like the sound of so you can have a go at that to and just go for it. If you're going to be playing mainly with a friend, try to pick different roles and powers so you have a healer and DOS or troll and healer, DPS and tank etc.
  12. NoLimit54 New Player

So don't get the shielding supercharge for dps? Should I get it for leveling and then respec at 30?

Thanks everyone for the great advice. Not sure about OP, but I am going to give Electricity a good shot. If nothing else, then I would have a healer and controller. Just need to try the tank classes eventually. For tanks, more so Ice and Fire, how do they compare when in the dps role? Do they have anymore survivability then a healer or controller type? Fire does good aoe?
  13. Meta Flare New Player

Definitely get the shield. It helps a lot.
  14. Owl Devoted Player

When I run solo content in any power set I try to have the following in my loadout:
    • Damage Prevention Shield (non Supercharge)
    • Supercharge Heal
    • Quick cast 50% Damage Modifier
    • Quick cast Multi Target Stun or Crowd Control
    • Usable While Controlled power (non Supercharge)
    Some Powers fit multiple categories such as Swarm Shield - 50% Damage Modifier, Usable While Controlled, Shield
    The Iconic Hard Light Shield is useful if a shield is not available (Fire) or takes too many power points to get to.
  15. DrewCheech New Player

In my experience, the power I made it to level 30 with and got KO'd the LEAST, was ice. All those reflection powers really help keep you alive, as well as doing good damage, and it just looks awesome.
    Hard Light controlling I did very well with too
  16. Deathmike Devoted Player

Here's how you can solo raids with Sorcery in Damage Stance:

Deathmike out.
  17. Shender New Player

Wow thanks for all the feedback. I choose Quantum, because like some of you said I went with what I thought I would enjoy the most. Plus the animations are awesome! I'm tearing through everything right now so soloing hasn't been a problem. I'm staying in the time tree (for no real reason). If anyone has some insight on what a good loadout for Quantum is that would be great. I've found a little info online. Also, and I hope I don't sound stupid asking this, but do I level in damage or control role. In Control I seem to always have enough power to do what I want, but I'm guessing the damage in damage roll is way better. Thanks again for all your help. I'm definitely making electricity my alt. Sounds like a lot of fun, and healing seems to be much easier in this then wow or SWTOR. Thanks again