Penthouse Lair - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fuzion, May 14, 2013.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

Huh isn't that the same model that was given to Gothic for a couple of weeks? It kinda makes sense now, they showed up for a while then reverted to the bouncer types. I guess it was either an error, or a test of the model.
  2. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Actually except lair battles, hideout is better in the terms of functionality because all of the amenities are very close to each other.
    As far as I can see on video, Deco theme looks more penthouse than the actual Penthouse theme.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dead_Corps New Player

I just can't believe people will pay money for these things. I so got in the wrong business:D

I will call you 16bit crackheads from now on.
    • Like x 2
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Not on top but hey, its the main entrance:

[IMG]
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thanks for the pic and thanks to Odyssey for the video.

Now I want one for my villain...
  6. Mitchell New Player

I would love a nature based theme
  7. TheAkuma Well-Known Player

Question about the Penthouse theme. I know themes are specialized to certain locations, does anyone know if this theme can be used in Lex Corp tower in Metropolis?
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

9. Drakkus Nox New Player

Well I purchased the Penthouse Theme, Worst Theme Yet. 75% of locations are on Street Level (which makes no sense to me) and 75% of the rest are on stair's on side of Buildings. Found 3 Locations in Downtown Metro that are Penthouse Locations that's all. Also the Majority of Locations are the Same as other Themes. No Effort went into this Theme !! so Save your $10 and wait for a fix or next Theme because this one is not worth it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Valor New Player

It doesn't look good to me. In fact, none of them look very good. I just wish they all had different layouts.
    • Like x 2
  11. Fruity Reaper New Player

Here's my effort, not a bad style I think

12. Luminescence1 Active Player

Love the floors, but thats it. Where are my skyline views? No Windows? Come on!! I don't need to hang things everywhere. I was so excited for this lair, waiting patiently for it's release, I guess I built myself up to much.
  13. Sophittia Well-Known Player

Mine have pistols o_O
  14. StopPerving Dedicated Player

yeah so do mine now. Before they got changed around they actually carried rifles
  15. The Kitsune New Player

Thank you for the preview. I was a little disappointed as it doesn't really scream Penthouse.

I was also surprised it was so empty. Sorry Cold Fusion, but I sorta got use to the fully stocked lairs when you throw a video up.
  16. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Kool story bro! +1
  17. Cold Fuzion New Player

I hear ya :D Just wanted to show all textures without any furniture getting in the way. I'm sure one of the odyssey members will do a Penthouse themed cribs soon.
  18. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I love the look of this lair theme, but I'm very disappointed in the available locations. Far too many 2 and 3 storey buildings (penthouse, really?), shabby joints and boring buildings. It's difficult to see how the locations chosen for fancy penthouse lairs are somehow in keeping with the theme, which was my understanding of how these were being developed. I was thinking that if any more such themes will be released, there are diminishing possibilities for future locations, and they will suck more and more with each new theme unless some of the locations assigned to other themes are opened up for others which are equally suitable. There were locations for the original two themes, gothic and deco, which were far superior to anything available for Eastern or penthouse, and many would fit the themes. Maybe I put too much thought into where my toons will be emerging from their bases, but after buying this theme I'm so turned off by the locations that I could only convince myself to move one of my toons.
  19. The Kitsune New Player

There is one problem with placing penthouse lairs at the top of buildings that are high. This is that there are a couple of area that do not have very high building. China town come to mind, but the edge towards mid town would work.
  20. crisischamber New Player