Penthouse Lair - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fuzion, May 14, 2013.

1. Tesseract Well-Known Player

Agreed.

Also I was hoping it'd be more like the Penthouse where you fight Lex/Superman.
    • Like x 2
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Thanks for the video, Cold Fuzion! The theme doesn't scream penthouse to me, but I do like that it's clean and simple. Cool floor textures too.
  3. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

thx for the vid.

sorta disappointed TBH since i thought i heard the next set of themes would have different layouts than what we had so far.
  4. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Remember the lairs are all the same floor plan just with different styling.
  5. Motive New Player

What is their obsession with steel grates on the floors? Made sense in some lairs but not this one.
  6. Deviant New Player

haha nice, I like how the Devs sometimes have a deviant side. :D
  7. Tesseract Well-Known Player

Yeah. That's what I feared when I heard a league mate say the Penthouse was going to be a Lair theme.

I certainly understand why. It's much easier to make multiple lair themes when the layout is the same. It'd just be nicer if it were like the one in BiA.
    • Like x 1
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

WTB lex's table irl =b
  9. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Same. If I didn't already have Eastern I'd buy this one. But my Eastern theme'd home is good enough. Penthouse was going to have to be a completely new layout for me to re-do my lair that has over 350 items.
    So once again thank you for the video Odyssey as it has saved me $10:).
    EDIT: Why didn't you guys use the custom recorder and not show your loadout. I love it when you guys use that to record with:).
  10. StopPerving Dedicated Player

There are a ton of posters and furniture in the ops.. that'd be awesome in a lair....
    • Like x 1
  11. Tesseract Well-Known Player

That and those Holograms. Those things would look amazing (Scaled down a bit of course, they're a bit big for lairs)
  12. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

pretty much.
    i guess it was just rummor and speculation but a month or two ago someone was telling me that after Eastern they would be putting out lairs with different layouts.
    the names mentioned to me at that time were penthouse and sewer i believe.
  13. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I imagine different layouts will take a little longer, not just for the basic design but also because the lair battle cutscenes will need to be scripted differently.
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Tesseract Well-Known Player

Hm..Didn't even think of Lair Battles, good point.

How the heck do Lair battles in Dives work? Do you just..sorta..not move around at all?
  16. WonderValkyrie New Player

dont see the theme up yet in marketplace
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Gotta wait for PSN if youre on PS3.....

Been saying this is the lair I'm waiting for, but now that Ive seen it I'm not blown away to get it. I think they put more into the Eastern lair TBH.
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

one of the most boring so far they could have at least had the windows have a fake view like in temple of crime missions it is suposed to be a penthouse

I WANT A PLANT BASE COME ON DEVs
  19. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

They don't work at all as you can't lair battle in a dive. You simply can't select it from your list of lairs when you queue in.
  20. Tesseract Well-Known Player

Ah. Makes sense I guess. If you get the DLC you get Gothic/Modern included If I recall correctly so you wouldn't likely choose Dive over them.