Vehicles in Game? Devs are we getting these?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Golden_Assassin, May 11, 2013.

1. Black Arrowette Well-Known Player

Highly doubt it. If they did imagine how bad the traffic would be!
  2. Fourth New Player

You'd probably...Drive them?
  3. Mick93 New Player

just make it into a movement mode
  4. Mr AFK New Player

No ******* vehicles!
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Classified :cool:
  6. Villain Smasher New Player

God I hope not. That would be dumber than having a lair.
    • Like x 1
  7. Deathmark New Player

They did it in Champions online. But they're kinda lame.

Honestly ive said it everytime it has been brought up before, this requires too much gameplay changes and balancing to even consider for the devs, for something that is in the end not that popular a request with everyone. I don't really see the open world maps accomodating vehicles very well or even making them very useful. A road vehicle for one would be slower to get anywhere than just rocket gliding or flying because you cant actually go in a straight line to your destination. Now think about all the enemies on the ground or the dumb traffic sometimes just piling up. That would be frustrating. Nevermind using your vehicle in isntances. That obviously couldnt be allowed (riding your motorcycle in LOA?). Then you have to consider the headache of vehicle fighting which generally people expect if they were to bring vehicles. That demands a lot of balancing and rebalancing. Then you have to think about slow down issues when everyone on the map is using their vehicles which certainly would be more demanding than characters which are smaller. In short, It's not happening, not now nor ever.

I suspect this request is probably more popular in the rp community.
  8. Mileena New Player

I mean how would we get into them?
  9. Singlemaltkiller New Player

no, lair keeps me from going to the watchtower for anything other than buying gear, which means less chance of freezing.
  10. Villain Smasher New Player

In that regard, I can't argue with that. Touche.
  11. Comixfan Committed Player

Good point. We can't even sit on the chairs or interact with the other furniture in our bases. What would we do, stand on the roof of our car? :p
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

I assumed it would be like those Lion Juju or Toyman trinkets, where you activate it and you transform into your vehicle for a predetermined amount of time.
  13. SYCL0NE New Player

If they do implement vehicles, its gonna be more lag than what we have now cuz everyone is gonna be in 1. I hope they don't put em in.
  14. Gr33dyMoney New Player

This^^
  15. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

No... THIS ^.

Vehicle Forms. You transform into your vehicle, and your Movement Mode changes as well as your Loadout (to something pre-determined based on the Vehicle Trinket). Me? I really really really want a Super-Speed Motorcycle. And I'd be fine with it as a Marketplace Item. :)
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

17. The Kitsune New Player

Actually it would be cool. I could make you all get into massive accidents.
  18. Covalence New Player

Vehicles would be cool, but it's exhilarating jumping off a high building with super speed. I'll stick with the movement types.
  19. myandria Item Storage

Vehicles?? Oh no, especially not on the PS3 or PS4! City of Heroes had vehicle transport (helicopter) that transported a group to a mission location. OMG! the lag it created, and this was on the PC/Mac!! Some players declined the transport because default methods were faster (flying, super speed, super jump, teleport power, ect) Even personal transport (rocket board, magic carpet, jet pack) had its lag issues.

In my opinion, vehicles will only work if the hardware can handle the graphics, which I highly doubt for the PS3/PS4 format; the PC/Mac versions will struggle with it as well. Also, each character has different animations according to body type and costume; it will be difficult to keep animation for the character and the vehicle intact without lag/clipping/loading issues.
  20. neptunesBeard New Player

If you want a vehicle then switch to HL and use the helicopter/airplane SC.