DLC7: Items and Player Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumeric New Player

I also would like to know if the time traveler set is only dropping in dps stance. Both times i've seen the back drop in the brothers in arms operation, it was in dps.
  2. Miahztwin Committed Player

are Time Traveler styles for ALL roles or is it just iconic dps gear? cause i have only seen dps pieces the past two days
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I just logged in to post this.

Always one step ahead of me, sis. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I don't know if this belongs here but I completed the briefing in the Iconic Anomoly for huntress and I did not get the mask. It happened during yesterdays craziness. Is there anyway I can get it?
  5. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Paradox Wave 8 Player raid , why are the bosses wiping out tanks so easy ? earth tank full damage absorb active on power use one shot death NPC attack strength targets 23,000 in coming damage how can a healer heal this it has to be a bug it has to be the gear alone + the heals and the absorb surely can't stop it , average hit has been 3K to 7k a hit alone and the healers with 2900 restoration still can't even heal past it a cola isn't saving u
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Same with the Tank and I know that I saw on the test server the DPS and Controller one too.

[IMG]

I also found a bug with the icon and style associated with the 82 tank back.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Ah the 23k hit. Looks like you start exploring one of the subs. Lets just say, its not all about standing in one spot like you got frozen on your place and the tank has to take all the damage. Positioning is king.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

Just got a tank back, hindsight of agares from bane in huntress' anomaly. Style is simple utility and the icon is of a belt.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trinidad James Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Nope, Working as intended. Nothing to see here. :D
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Yep, that's what I posted a screen shot of. :)
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

Cool. I should read before I post. Thanks.
  12. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Oh so its normal to get hit by a 23K attack on 20 different attempts? no matter where I stand or those in the raid ? like you to explain this to us it's funny in Tank stance I get hit by 23K with out attacking the boss or what ever its considered to be in this section of the raid and in dps stance soon as the tank approaches the boss the tank gets on shot as well as the whole raid 3 deaths later gear sits at 58% damaged and its all about how one stands? we are not standing were moving around were tanking now matter how we attempt this we get one shot from 15K to as much as a 50K hit no healer or tank can heal or absorb , I gotta call BS the raids are glitched it's clearly easy to see and from what others are saying in the world yeah its def glitched .
  13. Satla Well-Known Player

Who said you need to get hit?
    the 20k+ attacks are from the boss skull attacks, ever heard of "skull attacks"? They arent supposed to tickle you.
    after i spent about an hour on that raid, its so easy to know what the boss is going to do, i mean, there is a huge skull above his name, he switch hands and go backwards (well, thats only talking about the south mini boss, each has different tells).
    Ever thought that tanks arent only supposed to stay melee and punched in the face by the mini boss?
    Try to kite the boss, force him to do range attacks only. His melee attacks arent really nice :D.
    Also just adding, love those numbers :D, got hit by the skull attack of the north mini boss for 123k, NOW isnt that fun?
    Just learn the patterns and tells of those mini bosses and youll do fine.
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

This is my favorite comment so far in terms of what I wrote on Testing Feedback. They're not glitched. Fact.
  15. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Nothing pops up above there head its there first initial attack in fact it's an attack before any one even attacks him and it's only the tank who is affected by this single attack no matter how they enter to handle him my tank or any one's tank blocking or not rolling moving out of the way one shot its simple to see but you all can think what you want say what you want we as players see whats going on its cool not all of us need T5 gear some of us would still rather gain more SP as the game is based on Skill not combat rating but some out there feel its the other way around keep lacking I am not
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

Shows up in my waist styles too. Needs fixed
  17. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Alright, lots of questions, gonna see what I can't get knocked out:

1. The tank belt "Hindsight of Agares" is a bug, I'll look in to it and try to get it resolved asap.

2. The feat for the Viking Set not being available to controllers is also a bug, but it's going to take a more "elegant" solution so that we don't just give controllers more available feats than tanks and healers. This will most likely result in us making another set available to Tanks and Healers, and then we'll just have another feat for players all the way around. No ETA on this one however as it requires a bit more work

3. The Time Traveler set is dropping in DPS role only. The intention with this was so that since it was fairly rare anyways I wanted all players to have the ability to use it when it drops to collect the appearance. I figured it would suck more to get a tank-specific piece of loot with a rare appearance and not have a chance to roll on it in an Operation/Raid, than to have everyone be able to roll on it. I am definitely willing to listen to your feedback about whether you agree/disagree with the intentions, just please keep it civil.

4. Feedback for the Paradox Wave raid should go in the thread for that raid. It doesn't apply to this thread.

5. Happy Friday y'all.
    • Like x 8
  18. MercPony Devoted Player

I feel would be helpful if it dropped as Unattuned then.
    • Like x 4
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

Thanks for the response. I already modded the "back" but it's a blue slot as well so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I couldn't agree more. Considering the level of gear for it, having a dps only makes it a little unfair to both the 3 roles and the dpses. It essentially makes it iconic where it is FFA. If this was the case, it should have been left unattuned like the Home Turf missions. That way if a person wants to be able to need on it and wins, they get an option to attune it to either a role or dps. There is no benefit to a player that plays a certain role to need on it other than the feat attached to the style as there are better gear they could get later for their dps set.

Please make the Time Traveler set Unattuned to benefit all roles and not just damage stance. Just like how you chose to make a Might based T5 set and a Precision Based T5 set. You thought about the wants of the players that wish to fine tune their gear based on power type, but there isn't anything for roles like that since most of their necessary stats a solitary stat.

Edit: Also, you essentially made 3 damage sets in the loot table to make it harder to get role specific gear when needed. IE, 3 DPS sets and 1 of each role. So that is a 3:1 odds that you will have a damage piece drop. That makes it very hard for the 3 role specific ones to gear up while the DPSes are able to get there faster thus further promoting DPS when roles are needed now more than ever in T5.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.