Mic bug on Ps3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 478874, Feb 19, 2013.

1. 478874 Dedicated Player

This bug has been around as long as I can remember, since launch I think and has yet to be addressed. When a player logs into the game, their mic will have some kind of amplified setting applied to it even though the setting of the mic has not been touched. Once a player goes into their settings and moves the volume one iota in any direction, the volume of the mic input and output is reduced by at least 50% to normal levels. In fact, the mic is so loud that even at max level after adjustment, it does not reach the level of volume when a player first logs in.

As far as I know every single player that uses a mic has to do this every single time they log into the game. Honestly, I know you devs have priorities that you need to satisfy and I've even heard that the voice chat system was outsourced to a third party or something, but this is completely amateur. Even the most basic last gen consoles never had this problem with voice. Please do something about this, regardless of up or down votes, this has literally been an issues that affects everyone for more than 2 years.
    • Like x 106
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I couldn't find this anywhere else in the bugs forum. Basically I've had this issue too for as long as I can remember. I log into the game and my Speaker and Mic Volume settings are saved but the actual decibels of everyone and my mic is way louder than what the game settings are at. Also if you turn the sliders for these two volumes up to 100% they aren't as loud as they are when you first log in.

I'm playing on USPS3 and I'm using the PS3 Official Headset/Mic combo. I turn my mic on prior to the character select screen. When I log in my speaker volume is so loud that even turning the headsets physical volume control down to it's lowest setting still has everyone so loud it hurts your ears and they are so distorted you can't understand them. Likewise if I so much as breath into the mic it will destroy everyone else that is in the voice channel. I have to hit start, go to the setting, voice settings, and then slide the controls for Speaker and Mic back and forth then exit without saving. Now the volumes will be accurate.

Please fix this annoyance.
    • Like x 6
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

Thanks for the clarification Nekron, this is USPS3. I will post a video with sound to show this next time I get a chance.
  4. Drobobot New Player

Yes this bug is very frustrating when switching between alts as you have to adjust the sound every time you switch toons. It is common enough of an occurrence that many times when you join a group people will mention it. I have used two different headsets the PS3 Bluetooth (looks like a cell phone headset) and a wired Turtle Beach P11. The volume is also very loud when there is no headset, and it is just through the TV.

When using the headset both the speaker volume and mic volume are too loud, of course when not using a headset the only issue is the speaker volume.
    • Like x 4
  5. Luli New Player

Would love to see this fixed, this has been an issue for a very very long time. What I find so strange is that with the sensitivity the sound/noise that happens (before adjustments are made) is far louder than the loudest setting of the mic. Since I know that my ears will be destroyed if anyone is in league chat when I log on, I always start with my headset around my neck and muted so that I can quickly adjust.
    • Like x 1
  6. Terribly Shocking New Player

I completely agree, its been going on for WAY to long
    • Like x 3
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just sent two videos to Mepps.
    • Like x 3
  8. T20thoughts New Player

Just adding my voice to this. It's a pain in the backside, and ANY noise from people's mics is amplified to ridiculous levels until you get into settings and... turn the volume any way, even up. At which point it becomes bearable.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kurokei Well-Known Player

It's an annoyance for me, and don't even have a headset. I have to adjust my volume controls everytime I get teamed with a talkie or more. Otherwise they will either be full of static, bass, or have this terrible screeching sound. A lot of times after I've made these adjustments, they will end up sounding like they're a million miles away.
  10. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if this bug applies to everyone but with myself, USPS3, I have never experienced this before. Not sure why but I have been playing for more than a year and I never actually encountered anyone who had this bug. Although not a major problem for me or any of the PUG groups and League runs, this should be fixed pronto.

I guess only a minority have this problem? Or else it would have been their top priority. But who knows, DC does what DC does.
  11. Kurokei Well-Known Player

Maybe they'll never fix it. Afterall, from what I've been told, they never fixed the profanity filter. Instead, they took the easy route and gave us an on and off switch.
  12. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

They try to target the big problems first before the smaller ones...and since there are allot of big problems popping pop every other day, they dont really have a time for these smaller problems.
  13. 478874 Dedicated Player

I've submitted a video in regards to this but have not heard back with anything official.
  14. Kurokei Well-Known Player

How can you call it a small problem? If anything, it's a major problem. The setting adjustment trick doesn't always work. Sometimes it can make headset input/output sound even worse. It gets really annoying when you're trying to hear a player addressing you, but you can't understand them.

I tried pugging the Prime Battleground the other night with two talkies. It matter who made the adjustments, the one talkie still sounded distorted to a degree. Occasionally, their output would re-distort, prompting them to try and readjust to little avail.
    • Like x 2
  15. 478874 Dedicated Player

Huge problem, thanks for the input though.
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

You must be the only person on the whole server, this is a pandemic issue. Somehow I suspect you are either a troll or a PC player in here just to grief the rest of us.

Why don't you back up your talk and produce a video showing that you don't suffer from this.
  17. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

As i've said, I never encountered this bug before on my mic. Somehow, that made you two angry which I don't know why. Now, I also stated that this should be fixed pronto. So I don't know what you guys are angry about. Just because a person doesn't suffer from this bug, doesn't mean he's a troll. In fact, I'm happy I have never encountered this bug.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kurokei Well-Known Player

I personally wasn't angry at you. Just inquiring.
  19. Vyltran Loyal Player

Well-said, but it happens not that often...
  20. KillJoyDOD New Player

THIS IS NOT A MINOR PROBLEM!!!!! EVERY TIME I LOG IN OR SWITCH CHARACTERS, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR EVERYTHING TO LOAD, SHUFFLE THROUGH THE SKITTZY MENUES BEING CAREFUL NOT TO OVER PRESS AND GET THE MARKETPLACE, SHUFFLE THROUGH MORE MENUES, MOVE THE SLIDER AND TRY TO GET IT BACK WHERE IT WAS SET PERFECTLY just to get the headset volume to work the way It's supposed to.
    • Like x 1