Sooo I bought the DLC for nothing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PrimusTech, May 1, 2013.

1. John New Player

They need do something quick about it
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Also a big point here I should have mentioned earlier. The restriction lift is only for queueing, not for Arranged Matchmaking. You'll need the DLC to run your private matches.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Green Flash New Player

I have to disagree with this logic.... What this has really done is let people gear up without having to learn how to earn it... Case and point.... Since the infamous update I have been repeatedly qued with people who have better gear than me but can't even knock anybody out going like 0-8... So now somebody who knows how to Pvp gets qued with somebody who may have better gear but absolutely no idea how to play with that gear because they never really had to earn it... The people who had earned full t4 before had to grind out those wins hence having to learn how to play better.... And this is somehow making for better PvP matches? No not really now you have people being thrown into a level of PvP that their not ready to play.... Instead of making it better it actually is a disadvantage for the people who actually know what they are doing.... I mean this update did nothing but introduce a "golf handicap" to PvP.... Handicapping a golf game doesn't make for a better more exciting match rather it just makes the final score look a bit more competitive than the match actually was....

And yes I understand that PvP is about more than just killing people but if you can't even fight people off of you to protect your team mate trust me you won't be winning too many PvP matches either...
    • Like x 1
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

Sooo many players don't get this.

Be nice to the noops and scrubs, people!
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Again, what you're not either understanding or accounting for is the system doesn't match you based on gear, only on past results. When you enter a match, the system has matched your group with another of similar past results. What you describe just isn't what's actually happening.
  6. Shadow Vlad New Player

So one guy says all maps are available for rotation, the other guy says only for matchmaking. I'm confused.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. We are fixing.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Green Flash New Player

No actually I said if he gets a refund than anybody who has been continuously paying for this game should get a refund also.... I am legendary as stated not sure how your logic concludes that I'm freemium..... I'm sorry your post makes no sense.... Maybe you should learn how to read yourself.... Kids these days.... Lol
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Check out the link earlier for arranged matchmaking. It's a new thing coming in a future Game Update.
  10. Captain Just New Player

You can't deny that there are more people pvping now then there was before...that is what I meant by this being the boost pvp needed... I feel your pain and it is very understandable that you feel cheated out of your hard earned checkmate gear...However, in my opinion you are looking at it in a very negative way. Instead of looking at it as erasing what you had oreviously done, look at it as addition tier sets. I mean, afterall, they are upgrades in all stats compared to the checkmate gear. I am trying to look at it as an additional T5,6, and 7...
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I hate to get into analogies, but it's not like that. It's more like there are now faster cars available, and you need to get the new ones if you want to go faster.
    • Like x 4
  12. Shadow Vlad New Player

Thank you
  13. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yeah fair enough mepps, still an extra mark when winning in one of those mapps wouldnt be tooo much to ask would it? before people with dlc4 had exclusivity to those green marks and an advantage in gearing over people without the dlc. 1 extra mark per win (or the equivalent as you gear up) in those specific maps would keep this spirit intact and wouldn't be excessive imo, especially if those maps aren't always in the rotation.
  14. Shadow Vlad New Player

I get the matchmaking thing, was just a bit confused on map rotations for free/preme but that was cleared up.
  15. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Mepps, What I want to know is, Since we pay 15 a month, and some people paid 10 dollars for that DLC...Why isn't that map permently available? It wasn't just given to us in an update, it was part of a PAID DLC. And ALOT of feats come from that DLC. Why put safehouse and headquarters in a rotation at all? And when will Headquarters and Legends map Ace Chemicals be available to play at all?
  16. Monstrocity187 New Player

Actually it's nothing like that either. It's more like buying the exclusivity rights to something then turning around and the person who sold them to you are now handing them away after you payed for them.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Green Flash New Player

You get gear by winning the match.... If somebody has better gear it seems to be reasonable to conclude they have won more matches.... If they have won more matches why then would they be qued with somebody who hasn't won as many matches... I mean whats to prevent somebody being full t4 being qued up with somebody in arch angel gear according to the reasoning you stated, nothing.... Which in turn leads to a unbalanced match or a disadvantage for the higher geared person in most instances.... I mean seriously I'm not understanding this logic.... I understand what your saying in theory but thats not trickling down like I think you think it is... I'm not trying to bash at all I'm just trying to understand how this is better..... I used to get qued randomly in PvP before and had more competitive matches than the ones I'm currently getting qued for under this so called better system.... I'm just trying to give you some factual feedback.... Feel free to take it back to the powers that be and relay the information so it can be fixed.... But I'm sorry what you are saying is not what is happening in my experience in game... And thats what I have to go by....
  18. MattMinus New Player

People may have gotten the same number of wins, but one used replay badges and he other did not.

Also, too let me ask a question about the punctuation in your language. What is the difference between "...", "...." and "....."?
    "..." looks like whats called an ellipsis in the English language, but, judging by your usage, it's clearly not one of those.
  19. Bishop New Player

I'm just going to be honest and blunt here, Mepps, Deadmeat, whoever it concerns, on the merit this is something I purchased henceforth I feel compelled to put forth my own opinion.

I feel rather cheated, not to the extreme you have taken my money and did a rain dance. You've changed something that inherently had purchase of my own. That is a terribly tricky tightrope to wander and one I bet you really thought through regarding seasonal rotations. Whilst I do not entirely begrudge you because there is a lot more to LL than just the maps, but it was still a part of my decision.

You can shirk behind arranged matchmaking, but it's actually unfair to those that paid for it to hear that from you. Queued matches will never overtake arranged matchmaking, I wholeheartedly believe that, so it's value is far higher relatively. I just feel that it is rather naive to carry forward the notion that you haven't subverted previous customers on the merit its "kind" of still unique to LL purchasers.

I understand where you come from regarding the PvP comment but honestly it sounds a terribly improper decision of picking the lesser of two evils.

I am in no way angry or barging around for compensation but since I bought it and you changed the stipulations, which you cannot argue around, I feel it is important to hear.

Bishop
    • Like x 2
  20. The Green Flash New Player

I'm sorry this isn't english class.... Your instructor should have told you something about the audience that is being addressed.... I'm not turning in a thesis I'm putting up an informal post in a forum.... I'm just conveying ideas... Obviously it worked because you understood enough to post back.... Mission accomplished....

Finals should be coming up here pretty soon....

You should be studying not posting on here....

Time management is priceless....

Study hard I wish you the best of luck on your educational endeavors....