Sooo I bought the DLC for nothing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PrimusTech, May 1, 2013.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

Don't forget the Safehouse duo as well. Given that legends toons sell for 1000 SC along access, to 7 plus the weapon is still pretty solid. That said while I would be a bit annoyed had I paid for the DLC to see people getting the maps for free at the end of the day that would be balanced by a wider player pool for arenas/legends in general.
    • Like x 1
  2. John New Player

So could you look in to giving people who purchased the dlc some sort of benefit if that's the case?
  3. Enzan Committed Player

If you can read, he said he's Legendary.

You must be to busy being the typical arrogant forum goer, bashing 'freemiums' for someone who is more than likely legendary status, voicing an opinion they have over an update or DLC.

Oh wait, by your logic, you must be a freemium because you are crying about how you 'are not getting what you're paying'.

Sorry, just get tired of these forum people bashing freemiums for another legendary player making a topic. It gets old.
    • Like x 1
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

is it really free if so went did it went free
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have plans to at the moment. The benefit for everyone is getting to play those maps more.
  6. Captain Just New Player

So if I drop my subscription(after 2+ years mind you), can I get all the PvE and PvP instances from DLC content for free so there is more people(myself) able to play those instances...? Or am I interpreting your logic incorrectly?
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PvP is quite different from PvE. In PvP, other players are the content.
    • Like x 3
  8. The Green Flash New Player

Yes you are correct sir.... This is the first ever "grindless MMO" in the history of the video game industry.... It's called the new anti-grind... Why work or play for anything just wait about a year or so and just pick it up in an undisclosed vault run at a later time.... Seriously the logic once you realize it, is a thing of beauty.... Unless of course you've invested time and money into the game then it just seems should I say pointless?.... Lol
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I think in the furture there won't be legendary or prime mambership. Just f2p but f2p will have the same as legendary.
    i'M JUST SAYING. By what I have read in this & past threads it just got me thinking that all.
  10. Shadow Vlad New Player

My sub just ran out and I do not own last laugh. City safehouse and Arkham are not available to me for arenas, Temple and Fos are are not available in legends. Should they be?
  11. Hendrix Well-Known Player

A solution. Recognizing that the game update diluted the value of DLC4 last laugh, SOE is permanently reducing the cost of DLC4 to $5 and granting 500 SC to any current owners of Last Laugh. You will hear shouts of woot.
  12. Captain Just New Player

I don't want you to feel like I am attacking you Mepps, I am just trying to understand the reasoning and logic behind this.

You said that people who bought the DLC will benefit from the maps being playable by all, even those that didn't purchase the DLC, because it allows more people to play the maps and therefore lets you more likely to play them.. wouldn't PvE benefit the same from such a change. More people would be able to play the maps/instances, so therefore it would be easier to find people to play with, making it more likely to play? I am not seeing the difference between PvE and PvP when it comes to the reasoning you gave..
  13. John New Player

Nah they should really give us 1000 loyalty points though
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To a much, much lesser degree, Captain Just. Beyond fast queue times, more people is also just more varied and exciting matches (content) in PvP.
  15. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

When we add Arranged Matchmaking (see dev discussion here) as early as the next update then all maps will be available for setting up a match. However for maps associated with a DLC, only folks who own the DLC or are Legendary will be able to participate.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 4
  16. Captain Just New Player

Fair enough. Thanks for discussing with me Mepps. I do agree though that this was the boost that PvP needed, even if some people aren't happy with the changes. People just simply don't like change..and sometimes all we can do is roll with it.
  17. PlatypusMessiah New Player

This is just silly asking for a refund because you think the product you purchased is obsolete. That's like asking for a refund for a black and white television. You got use out if it and its time has come and gone. IMO the shield has big value to DPSs for the 30 precision and the safe house duo is pretty key in jumping CRs.
    • Like x 2
  18. John New Player

You are not looking at the point these people payed money for this they should get what they payed for :)
  19. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

How can you say its what PvP needed? Take gear that people spent cash on to grind to get it and tell them its useless. I'm sorry what they did to PvP is criminal. Its like if you went and bought a car made your payments payed it off and then the dealer comes to you sorry this car is no longer yours to use you gotta buy a new one. Some implementation was good but you dont go and tell people your gear is worthless buy new gear now.
    • Like x 3
  20. Monstrocity187 New Player

HAHA Failed logic. You just stated the benefits of allowing everyone to play which isn't a benefit because it's limited to everyone. The only ones who truly benefit are the ones who didn't pay for it.