Why did you choose your name?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by JokerWing, May 1, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I chose Greenman because Nightman and Dayman were already taken and I needed an "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" name

Besides, look how cool he is

• Like x 2
  2. Psych E New Player

I chose Psych E because I felt it was representative of a Mental Controller. A play on Psyche.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kung-Fu_Karl New Player

Mine originally at launch was Trick Shot because i was making a gadget guy and i thought it sounded cool i was known by it for awhile but got fed up and about crimbo 2011 changed it to Darkman X mainly because i wanted a darker name and im a big Dmx fan and its also a fave film of mine with a local legend in the main role as darkman a quite young liam neeson.
  4. melvinpox Devoted Player

Cuz it's the best name ever.
    The end.
  5. OMG Well-Known Player

I bought this game the day it came out and a few days before i wrote down some names that I liked. I got some really good names like Ballistic, Colossal, but OMG became my favorite. I could just see him being so big & opposing people would be like OMG!!! & of course when someone needed help they would be like OMG!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

I'm a Michael J Anderson fan.

7. Octantis New Player

Sigma Octantis is the name of the Southern Pole Star. Currently. Turns out the South Star changes periodically. Which now I find slightly ironic since I've switched powers three times (Mental > Light > Ice > now Nature).
    • Like x 1
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

In a previous MMO, I was almost always running solo because of the time of day when I can play. And, when I made the forum name, I was just starting to play this game. Hence, I thought I would be a Lone Stranger. At least for a while...

Toon names vary, depending upon my mood when I create the toon. Unfortunately, by the time I came aboard, most of the good ones were taken, as were most of the simplistic bad ones. Hence, a need to have more complex names than I might prefer.
    Blackstar XIII is named after a cartoon I loved when I was a kid.
    Wyldseid is my favorite name for one of my toons - he's Darkseid's plant-powered son.
    Friender Faux is a pun on Friend or Foe, and should be a shape-changer, but isn't.
    Hunter Darke is just a cool name, imo.
    I couldn't get Tannim (which means son of dragons), so I went with Drake Tannim.
    Starheart (ST4RHE4RT) uses the power of the Starheart, being Jade's son.
    something different, everytime...
    get the picture?
    • Like x 1
  9. melvinpox Devoted Player

Drake Tannim is a GREAT name. IMO
  10. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

forum name: I was just looking for something silly. the predecessor was BrambleBeans.
    IGN: well...I'm sorcery. everything I do can be summed up as "AWizardDidIt"
  11. Sektor New Player

For my Gadget DPS I originally wanted a Mortal Kombat name. I tried the name Cyrax and when that wasn't available I went for the next best thing, Noob Saibot. Too bad that was taken, too, so I tried a few more names and eventually found that Sektor was available and went with it. I'm extremely picky with names. They have to be real words/names, and without numbers.
    • Like x 1
  12. Meta Flare New Player

Meta- a prefix meaning at a level above.
    Flare- a sudden burst of flame.

I was a fire guy but am a healer now and will be quantum but I don't want to change my name
  13. Meta Flare New Player

Oh and for my alts I chose miss marvel cuz she is based on captain marvel...or shazam.

My gadget alt is named nightingale. Her only power is sonic shout and she is mentored by black canary and the huntress.
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

I went with my second choice of Kroye since Gold was already taken. (I've gone by Gold in other games for years. Hello Kitty Online, for example.)

-Gold
    • Like x 2
  15. Alice Liddell Well-Known Player

American Mcgee's Alice.
    Alice: Madness Returns.
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I've used Liniaria for many things online, it was original and never used to be taken since I made it up... Ever since I started using it 9 years ago though, now sometimes the name is already taken in a game or such which is a shame, if that happens I use my secondary name IrishBiteGirl.

Where Irish Play came from, I'm Irish and I... play? lol
    • Like x 1
  17. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Im Zod and the General put them together and
    [IMG]

General Zod is born......... Now Kneel;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. xThe BlackDeath New Player

I like dark stuff. I'm not goth though. I was wearing all black before that was a trend.
    So anyways The BlackDeath was supposed to be a dps. You know killing everything.
    But I had three co-worker friends playing as well. None had healing powers. So I became a healer. I have been one ever since.
  19. Nitefelina New Player

In first person shooters I used the name BlackCat. It was well what it was until I moved to SWG, my first MMO. I kept BlackCat as I was a wookie and thought eh it works. When I moved to FFXI I thought ok time for a name. I chose to turn Black in to Nite, and Cat into Felina. Thus now I go by Nitefelina.

My amazing personality on the WoW forums grew some haters so now there are a few fake Nitefelina toons running around. Thankfully not enough for me to be concerned.

Recently I have been juggling the idea that my toons going forward will probably just be named Felina. However I'm still juggling that one. I don't see myself leaving DCUO anytime soon so Nitefelina isn't yet retired.
  20. Grace Hoffspedz New Player

Actually it had to be the real name of my upcoming villain whom I intended to nickname "the Ace of Spades"....this before I find out there was already this gang with an Ace of Spades in DC Universe....
    So well, gotta find something else, I want my character to be 100% original (if it's ever possible).