Legendary Membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PredicateOne, Apr 30, 2013.

1. PredicateOne New Player

Question I heard today that new powers "Quantum" will not be free for legendary members an that DLC will have to be bought before I jump to conclusions and make any rash decisions does anyone know this for certain because if they are gonna start charging legendary members who already pay a monthly for new content then it will make up my mind.
  2. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

As always, we will be able to access it for free as legendary... If we drop legendary, then we will have to buy... If legendary had to buy millions will drop sub... So don't worry!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Madholm New Player

Wrong; there aren't millions of legendary subscribers to drop sub.

At this point you are making a dumb decision if you still pay for a subscription. Subscriptions are worthless compared to the just buying replay badges, the DLCs and unlimited escrow every once in a while.
    • Like x 5
  4. The Kitsune New Player

Do not worry. As legendary you will be granted the DLC and will NOT have to pay for it. As such you will have access to the quantum power-set.
  5. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

This is a very narrow point of view... There are benefits to every sub level... I prefer legendary cuz it gives me the hassle free gameplay my life requires... U prefer a pay as u go sub and don't mind the small inconveniences the premium sub has.... So to sum up... Subs are worth what people are willing (or can afford) to pay... I fully believe legendary is worth the price and recommend it to everyone... I feel the premium sub is too difficult to deal with but does fit certain people's needs... (Free 2 play is just a demo in my mind!)...

Overall, don't listen to madholm's personal (and totally wrong) opinion...

Ps... Madholm if u were ever to que as legendary, u would see how many we have!!! We are many!!!
    • Like x 8
  6. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Do I really need to trot out my horse "Bought a Lifetime Sub when people thought it was crazy"?
    • Like x 2
  7. Statman New Player

Personal opinions differ. You have yours, other people have theirs. Everyone's decision is right for themself, it doesn't matter what others opinions are.
  8. Singlemaltkiller New Player

your transactions buying DLC and unlimited escrow add up to my sub rate. And throwing replay badges into your argument makes little sense, we get badges and loyalty point we can buy more as part of our sub, and we buy more when we need more.
    • Like x 1
  9. General Powers New Player

But it's cheaper and easier to be Legendary every once in a while. You can stock up on Loyalty Points and Replay Badges. As opposed to buying a DLC($9.99), 350 Replay Badges($9.99), and Unlimited Escrow for 7 days($4.99).
  10. Enzan Committed Player

It'll probly be free for Legendary unless they go down a new money making route where you can only access new powers by purchasing the DLC itself, while leaving the missions and whatnot in the upcoming DLCs for legendary to play with, but i highly doubt it.

Regardless, I'm buying the DLC. Origin Crisis will be well worth the $10.
    • Like x 1
  11. blklightning New Player

Sooo... we Legendary members get 500 Station Cash per month ($5) and 150 replay badges (another $5). Since I pay 29.99 every 3 months, that means I'm getting what you're paying for PLUS more inventory, access to my money so I'm never short on the repair bill.

Yeah... I see benefits to being a subscriber. Limited is... well... too limited for me.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeLaaNie Well-Known Player

I agree with Madholm. Unless you play every single day and for more than a couple hours, it is better to just buy the DLCs. After all, if your Legendary sub should ever be cancelled, you lose all of the stuff that came with it. With my Premium account I just buy what I need when I need it.
    • Like x 1
  13. PredicateOne New Player

I'm strictly talking about upcoming new powers Quantum not subscriptions , I have been told that the new power Quantum will not be free for legendary members I know in the past all new DLC content is accessible to legendary members but heard the new power Quantum all will have to pay for DLC is there any truth to this?
  14. DeLaaNie Well-Known Player

Of course not mate. Legendary means FREE DLC ALWAYS. Just ignore what anyone else says about that.
  15. Madholm New Player

I have a lifetime legendary subscription so your opinions of my point of view are utterly and laughably wrong.

I also have a degree in finance so I'd be willing to break down the costs for you and show you how misguided, but well intended your opinions are compared to actual fact. There is actual data to back up my point of view, where you can only argue convenience for yours.
  16. Dead_Corps New Player

meh I go back and forth with legendary. Sometimes I am sometimes I'm not. Do I buy DLC? yes I have the few that matter to me.
  17. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

And for some people convenience is far more important than mere money. :D
  18. Black House New Player

Unless you factor in convenience then the raw data is meaningless, numbers only get you so far,it is all well and good counting the beans but worth is more important than value and worth is an individual personal measure, a season ticket to watch your favouite sports team is worth something to you but would not represent value for money in the eyes of others. If people want to subscribe then they should have the freedom to do so telling them that your raw data tells them not is pretty meaningless actually, cos my raw data says playing non physical or mentally challenging games is waste of time and energy and therefore paying for them is a really dumb idea and not worth the money, LOTS of things are not worth the money people pay for them...accountants for example.
    • Like x 1
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

From http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/announcing-origin-crisis.9239/

"Origin Crisiswill feature:
    • New Quantum Controller Power Set – Manipulate time, control gravity and twist the very fabric of space itself!
    • Two challenging new Raids
    • Two new Hero Origin Operations
    • Two new Villain Origin Operations
    • Iconic Anomalies – Two new Solo Simulation Challenges
    • New Gear, including Tier 5 PvE Gear and new Iconic-inspired Gear
    • New Feats, Collections and Trophies
    DCUO’s Origin Crisis DLC pack will be a free download for the game’s Legendary members and will be available for purchase to Free and Premium players via the PlayStation®Network, the in-game Marketplace, or for PC players via the DCUniverseOnline.com website."
  20. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Madholm is actually right for the most part. Before unlimited access to your money was pretty much the only thing legendary had going for it and with the addition of the 7 day unlimited the balance skews now towards the 'it's smarter to be premium' side. SOE really needs to beef up sub perks with the addition of the unlimited access to money for 7 days.