Why no rewards for losing PVP matches is bad

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Apr 21, 2013.

1. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Great, maybe i'll actually get a challenge now :D
    • Like x 3
  2. thelostczarnian New Player

id like to see your psychology credentials sir.
  3. Delta795 New Player

Buh Bye then....Can you please leave the forums too?

Pretty please with sugar on top?
  4. Circe New Player

Well we're talking about two completely different experiences. I don't do premades ever and I queue up into Legends matches all the time and I don't even remember ever having a team member not do anything.
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

i prefer being rewarded for not being terribad
  6. Circe New Player

As soon as they implement this, you guys are going to hate it.

I don't know why people always are so against my opinions, especially this one where I set out some GREAT arguments and made some valid points.
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

youve never done a premade? you have never found even one player that wants to que with you? need to step up you game then and maybe you wont want rewards for failure.
  8. Circe New Player

You can be really good and end up losing. Those people deserve to be rewarded, as well.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

im sorry but you dont get to decide if your arguements are great or not. that is up to the general consensus.
    • Like x 1
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Wait, before you go, I have a question. You say why would players stick around in a match they're going to lose. Why would they que up in the first place if they feel they have no chance at winning AND there will be no rewards in it for them? Personal experiences aside, the new matchmaking system should make it so that you only play against opponents your own PvP CR just as the PvE matchmaking system for Duos and such try to que you with people in your CR range. Of course, there will still be players that have previous PvP experience that will shine regardless of their gear and prove to be difficult opponents. I understand that you're looking at it in the light that it's still not very newcomer friendly but giving people things with no effort involved isn't teaching them anything. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”

You've never EVER been in a non-premade match where your allies don't participate? You most not PvP often. It happens in 2v2's a lot more than other matches.
    • Like x 1
  11. Circe New Player

Not one person has countered any of my arguments in my OP.
  12. Delta795 New Player

Refer to 1-3

There happy now?
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

no they dont. tyhats why tyhey call it"close but no cigar"
  14. Sir Volt New Player

you didnt ave an argument ...that was just crying
  15. Sir Volt New Player

guess what its not new you couldnt get marks for t4 pvp without winning for ...idk since we got t4 pvp ....seems it hasnt died yet
  16. Circe New Player

If I spend HOURS in Legends and end up keep losing, shouldn't I get something for all that time wasted?
  17. Radium Devoted Player

If you spent hours in a raid trying to beat it do you get anything if you don't?
    • Like x 4
  18. Sir Volt New Player

no ....no matter how many diff ways you ask ......go spend hours in prime fail and see what ya get
    • Like x 3
  19. thelostczarnian New Player

1. If you have a LONG losing streak then you need to get better. if undergeared then farm marks in legends

2. ive beatn premades many times while pugging. i got my t4 gear from pugging.

3. its happened to me many times while farming marks of stragety. oh well get over pick yourself up and try again. winners never quit and quitters never win.

4. there will be a large influx of pvp beginners every six months. some will rise to the challenge and the feeble will rage quit...i have no problem with this at all

hey Deathroe... Sumthing...lol <inside joke dont worry bout it)
  20. Old Gravyleg New Player

I agree with most of your points, but we have to be honest here, most of the playerbase are casuals or just flat out terrible. They don't think about why they queue or what might happen afterwards. They go into a match, get pooped on by pros for 10 minutes, leave with nothing. That won't hold their interests for long.

It's also worth mentioning the game's mechanics. They seem ingenious with unlimited potential for competitive pvp, but with some of the more recent changes, they just don't work. The game doesn't exactly have a billion players to warrant regional servers for everywhere in the world, so we're playing a fast action based game with combat timings controller by the server against players with 500+ ping. Even if you're familiar with the mechanics, they often don't work the way they should. That's not even mentioning immunities or the bugs that exist within their current implementation. That's not mentioning the lack of a precise targeting system, and the foolish assumptions that the current implementation makes. The entire game is just not suited for competition.

Finally, the playerbase. We just don't have that many people, and with such wonky mechanics. SOE wants more people pvping? How about hiring a marketing department? How about creating servers for SA, Asia, Russia, or UAE along with worldwide ad campaigns? That video with the gadgets dude diving over the robot, then half-face man turning out to be batman with a bladed robot arm, and lex betraying them both at the end was amazing. I never saw it on tv a single time.

This change does nothing to attract new players to pvp, or to the game itself. It would be amazing if there were millions of people online, willing to improve their skills in a polished combat system, but there's nothing like that. We're targeting the wrong enemies, throwing block breaks at unbreakable blocks, getting countered by a guy you just punished with an interrupt, and farming mots so we have more pets than the next guy. This system makes it less appealing to pvp unless you're the guy at the top, and less exciting to be at the top because you'll have less challengers.