NBA PLAYOFFS! Round 1!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Zizzi, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

Playoff time is here folks! Who are your favorite teams in the post-season and how do you expect the first round and the rest of the playoffs to go? Here are the matchups:

West:

OKC Thunder vs. Houston Rockets
    LA Clippers vs. Memphis Grizzlies
    San Antonio Spurs vs. LA Lakers
    Denver Nuggets vs. Golden State Warriors

East:

Miami Heat vs. Milwaukee Bucks
    Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls
    New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics
    Indiana Pacers vs. Atlanta Hawks
  2. Aqua New Player

My Sixers were terrible this year, so I hope a random team like the Pacers win it all, they got the manpower just they're not experienced enough I think.
  3. Cataclyzm New Player

Let's go nuggets!!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

Well, I'm just happy that the Rockets are back in the Playoffs after a 3-4 years absents. Unfortunately, they are facing the Thunder in the first round. [IMG]
  5. Zizzi New Player

If only they beat the Lakers...
  6. Zizzi New Player

I'm taking these teams in the first round:

Thunder in 6
    Clippers in 6
    Spurs in 4
    Warriors in 7

Heat in 4
    Bulls in 6
    Knicks in 5
    Pacers in 6
  7. LL New Player

Lol the lakers being swept....lol...lol...they may not win the series but please. U do realize that spurs have major injury issues.

I think it's that clipper crap giving u a sweep there. Very sad. Spurs is the best match up for the lakers.

I only want the the lakers to win, if they don't , then it should be the heat, or the golden state warriors. Pat Riley, and Jerry west are still part of the laker family.

All I care is that the celtics get stomped, and this year I want the clippers to get stomped more than usual. Lol
    Please move back to San Diego, or buffalo, no one wants u at the staple center...,:)
    Go away I was so hoping those losers would of moved to Anaheim when they had the chance.

Faust I did not see ur post till after, I will admit I would not have bet...lol....my team has sucked, and I did not have the bits, I'm not farming for Houston,,..:)
  8. LL New Player

Enjoy Andrew B....:)....lol
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

I'm not as big as a basketball fan as I am a football fan. So once the Rockets' season is over, then so does my interest in the rest of the playoffs. That wasn't always the case, it was the other way around back in the 80s and 90s.
  10. LL New Player

Basketball has always been my fave sport. It's the only team that has always been good most of my life. :)

My football team moved. :(
    Baseball team has not won since 88
  11. Zizzi New Player

Playoffs start today! :D
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

Playoffs don't start for me until Sunday night.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not going to happen. Odds are the champion is going to be from among the Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, and to a lesser degree the Rockets. Since 1980, only 9 teams have won the NBA title and these are 6 of those 9 teams. Can anyone name me the other 3?
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

And the Lakers aren't? The Lakers are missing their best player. However I do agree it's unlikely the Spurs sweep the series.

Oh, and a pox on all of the front running Clippers fans. Where were you all when they were the dregs of the entire sports world?
  15. Aqua New Player

Only team in those 3 I could think of is the Pistons. Gonna randomly guess the other two and say Atlanta and Washington.

Edit: wait changing my answer from Washington to Sixers lol I don't know though memory is terrible.
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Negative on both. Washington hasn't won since the 70's and Atlanta hasn't won since 1958 when the team was in St. Louis. You are correct on the Pistons. They have 3 titles in that time period. Hint though. The 2 unnamed teams only have one title a piece, one of them recently.
  17. Zizzi New Player

I was here, just not in these forums lol, definitely not a bandwagon fan here :)
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Question: Are you old enough to remember the Sixers' last title?
  19. Cataclyzm New Player

Nuggets! Miller was amazing, gotta love the savvy old vet. It's going to be a heck of a series though golden state has some serious shooters.
    • Like x 1
  20. LL New Player

Lakers have been dealing with injury issues all year. I think the starting 5 have played like 20 games together all year. Plus they were dealing with other things as well. They have been one of the best teams since the all star break. They can't win it all without Kobe, but they can beat the spurs, does not mean they will.

The spurs on the other hand have not had major injury issues all year, they also waved Jackson. Watching the lakers when They beat the spurs a few days ago, tells me they can compete with them.