Arkillo's Battery Charging 5x Feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thenewkidd, Apr 6, 2013.

1. thenewkidd New Player

I am going crazy. Is this feat discontinued?

I have actually done this 5 times now and no credit given.

I have been told do it 6x just to make sure... Didn't work.
    I was told wait for the Red words to appear then kill him... Didn't work.
    I broke out the note pad and actually tallied each time the batteries charged and on the fifth one killed him... Didn't work.

I want credit for this... How many time do you have to do this feat to actually get credit?
  2. Gafa New Player

3. Statman New Player

To be honest, I've never paid attention to the red words, coz I've found they don't time with the Lanterns charging up all the time.

Whenever I've done this, I watch the Lanterns themselves (from up in the higher levels of the rooms). You can clearly see when they are charging their lanterns. I wait until they've stopped their charging animation and they'll either just stand beside them hands at side, or start floating away from them. I then beat them up but I don't destroy the lanterns. Soon enough, more fly down and start charging.

I've done it using this method for a whole bunch of my characters, as well as helping some others get it. It has been a while since I've done it, so it may be glitchy. If you find that you still don't get it if you try the method I mentioned above, I'd be putting a thread in the bug section for it.
  4. Gafa New Player

This is what I did for the most part. Except I never killed any of them. I just let them do their thing until it counted 5 times and then killed everything with a friend of mine.
  5. NexGen New Player

Kill them. I also kill the batteries too, then let them all respawn and charge fully. Five is what you need.

I never tried it with just killing the lanterns, but it makes sense that it works.
  6. Statman New Player

Maybe you kill the batteries too... I can't recall it 100%. As I said, I haven't done it in a long time.
  7. kingmasternova Loyal Player

r u on USPS3 I can help
  8. Shadow Vlad New Player

This feat should be worth 100 points
  9. NexGen New Player

Maybe they both work, but I took the longer route to ensure I got the feat as it is annoying. Lol
  10. Octantis New Player

It's whenever the lanterns abandon their posts. When I did it, they started coming up the stairs after me. Kill them, destroy the lanterns, then move to the upper levels until more lanterns show up and repair the lanterns. Takes forever, and I didn't want to attempt it again, so I did 7 rounds of this just to be safe.

It's the lanterns themselves that power up Arkillo, and they will only do it once, so you have to kill them. More lanterns will not come until the batteries are destroyed, so you'll have to take those out, too.
  11. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I did this last week & didnt get credit, very annoying feat, right up there with letting cold cut eat 7 times. For 10pts i doubt ill try again
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Been a while since I did this (need to do it on my alts, actually). I remember killing everything except Arkillo, then jumping up on the chandelier and snoozing until the five recharges passed. Then, jumped down and killed him. Took forever. One of the worst feats in the game.
  13. Octantis New Player

A friend and I did it recently. Took us three tries to figure it out, and prior to that I'd never done it since it first became available just 'cause I had no idea what to do. The second time we tried it, we let the lanterns power him up the first time, then waited for like 5 minutes. Nothing happened. Killed Arkillo out of anger. The final time we realized that you have to clear the room after ever charge up, including the batteries. It went surprisingly fast after that, but still took a while. We stayed on the second level so the lanterns would aggro and start running up the stairs; that's how we knew Arkillo got a charge in case I missed the red letters that appear.
  14. thenewkidd New Player

OK now I'm really confused (You would think a CR83 would have no problem with this feat... )

I don't know what you mean by "Charge Fully".

Step one. Kill lanterns by their "respective "batteries"...
    Step two. Take out the batteries.
    Step three. Fly to the rafters and wait till the lanterns get charged again with sinestro corps members standing by them again.

At this point are the batteries "charged fully" or do I still have to wait?

Because if that's the case... I have been doing this... if the batteries are not charged fully... how do I know when they are charged fully?

Sorry for the confusion.
  15. thenewkidd New Player

yup Sure am on PS3.

If you could help me with this feat, that would be awesome.
    xxMadam Doom On almost all day on the weekends and weekdays from practically 4pm to 8pm MST.

Sometimes I use other characters, but for the most part I am xxMadam Doom :)
  16. Octantis New Player

Yes, do all these steps. Then when the lanterns and batteries respawn, repeat step 1. Do this 5 times.

However, the important step is to wait before you kill the mobs. Wait until you see a red message appear on the screen saying Arkillo has been powered up, and/or when you see the lanterns start to stray from the batteries. Then and only then start with step 1.
  17. thenewkidd New Player

This is pretty much what I do.

It actually takes me about 8-9 minutes to do the stupid duo and get newbs (new characters/fresh lvl 30s) speed feats there all the time...
    But this feat... for only 10 points it's hardly worth the time.. but I'm at 90 FEAT points for another skill point and I'm looking for anything "easy" to get that going.

..... Maybe it's Let the batteries charge 5x .... 5 times in a row... so it's actually 25 five times and it's a mean joke the devs are playing on us.
  18. Octantis New Player

No, it's only 5x, all in one run. The problem is the waiting 15-20 seconds for the power up message to appear, swoop down kill all the guys and batteries, then wait for them to respawn, then wait 15-20 seconds for the message to appear again, and repeat 5 times. With the respawn times and those few seconds waiting for the Powered Up message, it takes a "few" minutes longer, but it's easy once you figure out how to do it. It's that the whole thing isn't very clear that makes it hard.
  19. Death Throe New Player

Said like a villain :D
    • Like x 1
  20. thenewkidd New Player

It didn't work. :/

This is what I did.. and tell me if I did it wrong.. because this is the way I understood it.

Kill the lanterns... Kill the batteries... fly up to the rafters... wait for lanterns and batteries to come back.... when they cam back.. I killed the lanterns.. Killed the batteries... flew up to the rafters... and waited for the lanterns and batteries to come back... I did this 5 times... I even broke out my trusty note pad and counted....

It still didn't give me credit... is there a step I'm missing?