Green Aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

The devs say that they can't put the green aura in the game b/c of rights limitations from DC. So why is the other color auras are in?

Red Aura - ingame - Red Lanterns (Rage)
    Gold Aura - ingame - Yellow Lanterns (Fear)
    Purple Aura - ingame - Star Saphire (Love)
    Blue Aura - ingame - Blue Lanterns (Hope)
    White Aura - ingame - White Lanterns (Life)

If they can put all these auras in the game, why can't they put green aura in the game?
    • Like x 1
  2. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

I don't understand how DC even "owns" a color.
    • Like x 1
  3. Laff Riot New Player

Because DC said so. Its that simple. DC owns the rights for their characters, emblems and uniforms. The green glow is part of the GL corps uniform. This is how DC says no.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This was already explained to us by mods. DC wants to protect the integrity of the Green Lantern Corp's image. They can't have you running around with a green aura pretending to be a GL and then start teabagging somebody you just killed in PVP. There is a 15 page long thread about it including a discussion with mods.
  5. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

Can I get a link to the thread if possible?
  6. Laff Riot New Player

7. Singlemaltkiller New Player

Apparently either calling it gold satisfied it not being a yellow lantern aura, or DC feels that Green is more important than Yellow. As to your list of other colors, the other lanterns aren't in the game so DC would have no reason to quibble over those.
  8. The Kitsune New Player

The green lantern is a more well know character. Heck Before this I didn't even know there were other colors of lanterns.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In fairness most of the other colours have only been around for a few years, so they would never have been used in the cartoons that introduced most people to Green Lantern in the first place.
  10. Blaze New Player

So many threads about this even though the Devs already gave an answer...really?
  11. The Kitsune New Player

yes really.
  12. Gunblazer 42 New Player

I would assume that the Sinestro Corps would be the type to actually teabag their victims. >_> The GL Corps are supposed to be noble and upstanding and such, and the Sinestro Corps not so much.

At least that's how I understood it.
  13. Binary Zero Active Player

That they have the aura colors similar to the corps is probably by coincidence.
    And since the Green Lantern has a long history, they didn't wanted to get the players too much involved with the green lantern stuff without risking the image of the corps.

Honestly, I don't care about the aura. After all, you are a just a deputy and no fully fledged member. I don't need a aura to drop a bombing run construct on a group of enemies and feel awesome by doing it.

You haven't seen Guy in action yet, did you ?
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

TBH the colours we have are kind of the "normal" colours that most people would want anyway, they just happen to be used by various different corps. I mean how many people would honestly want a dull colour like brown, beige or grey? The colours we have are vibrant.
  15. Statman New Player

The other thread get closed or something? lol...

It's got nothing to do with DC owning green auras, etc. It's about DC having to approve anything that goes into the game, as this game is one form of representation of their brand, and they don't want players to misrepresent Green Lanterns, so DC have said no. Here's the DeadMeat quote for those who don't wanna go through the other thread...
    • Like x 3
  16. recespieces31 New Player

Hey guess what?

No matter how many threads are made about a Green Aura, we still aren't getting one right now...I propose we play a new game...it's called "who can go the longest without making a Green Aura thread?" It's really fun, we should all play
    • Like x 4
  17. Comixfan Committed Player

Why do we need yet another thread about this?

SOE cannot put anything into this game that has not been approved by DC. Every single element needs an OK from DC first.

Just because there are other colours in the game has nothing to do with green being absent.

Further, the other colours have nothing to do with the other various Lantern Corps because many of those Corps aren't even in the game.

DC approved a bunch of colours, but said no to green. It's their license, so totally their call.

/endthread
    • Like x 4
  18. The Kitsune New Player

and I thought a nerf the power would be the next annoying thread tribble.
  19. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Oh come on really the other one that's been around for 2 weeks, with the same title, just left (only hours ago). Did you really have to start it again? This has been asked and answered over and over.

DC has said NO that's the end of it let it go. It doesn't matter what their reasons are its their property they can do with it as they please. Please stop trying to prove whatever reason you heard is wrong (copyright, honor, other auras) it doesn't matter, again DC said NO and that's all that matters.
  20. Gatorade New Player

I was reading through the posts and I don't understand what there is to be "protective" about? You allow yellow or gold auras, depending on how you want to see it as since they're both similar in color. Yet we can't have green ones? Why? I have a friend with a "gold" aura on his villain HL troller. So why is it that you allow that color but not green? I smell some BS from the response I read from the green name a few pages ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.