Breakout Counting as Block (leaving you vulnerable to a counter)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Zizzi, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

If you are stunned, juggled, or in any way controlled, if you try to break out with the block button it will count as a block. Since it counts as a block it also leaves you vulnerable to a block breaker. Please adjust this if possible.

It's throwing off PvP balance because now it might be worth it just to stay controlled and take your hits rather than breakout, get block-broken and fall down for an even longer time.

This doesn't seem to be affecting breakout trinkets, only breaking out with the block button.
    • Like x 23
  2. recespieces31 New Player

I think the problem may stem from players actually holding R1 down while trying to breakout instead of (literally) just tapping R1 to breakout...However, I do not know if this is an intended mechanic or not
  3. Zizzi New Player

Hmm, I can try and test it later to see if that's what happens but I don't think so. Often times I will tap R1 just to breakout and will get block broken upon the breakout. Sometimes I will repeatedly tap breakout (which wouldn't register as a block right? Since it has to be half a second of holding it down?) and yet I am still vulnerable to a BB.
    • Like x 1
  4. recespieces31 New Player

It could very well be a bug, I was merely just making a suggestion of another reason that could possibly explain what was happening
  5. Aqua New Player

Meant to make a report about this myself, it happened to me several times.
  6. 478874 Dedicated Player

Unless you are playing bums, you just have to take your hits most of the time and try to lunge immediately at whoever is BB'ing and get immunity. Otherwise, prepare you angus. I agree though, this is a problem especially with certain attacks from dual pistols and hand blasters, however with the right timing it can be done with any BB.
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

If you tap R1 or Shift more than once it will count as a block. Tap it only once to breakout and you won't have this problem.
  8. 478874 Dedicated Player

I hate saying this, but this may actually be more of a PS3 issues... again.
  9. Zizzi New Player

I'll try to test this out today and see if this is true. I still have my doubts though because tapping R1 won't register as a block because you have to hold the block button for 0.5 seconds for it to count as an actual block right?

I will still try to test this to make sure though.
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

I think you're misinterpreting this part. Block has a minimum hold time of 0.5 seconds, meaning if you tap block it will keep you in block stance for at least 0.5 seconds. You can tell because if you tap block the green shield icon will still show up below your name.
  11. Zizzi New Player

Ah okay thanks for that clarification.

Haven't had a chance to check what happens by tapping the breakout only once though.
  12. DCUO Anon New Player

I tested this in PVE on USPS3 against Beastiamorphs, and Avatar of Sin's adds. Single tap, and I Breakout 100% of the time, and the log file confirms the breakout.
    This was against pushback attacks.

I keep a tab of Combat only, Damage only to test weapons and such as the log fills fast. May I suggest the OP test this in their environment of cause and keep your Log Full Screen.
    'F9' on PS3 will capture Screen Shots to study later.
  13. Zizzi New Player

So did blockbreakers affect you after the breakout or no? I haven't yet had a chance to test this thoroughly.
  14. DCUO Anon New Player

In my test, BB's were not an issue because I was not blocking.. System was not registering my 'breakout' as a Block, thus the equation is moot.
  15. Scooby Active Player

sometimes in pvp the stuns are very strong and require you to tap r1 multiple times in order to breakout, so when you finally do breakout, you are almost always blocking for a half second. This also happens in high tiered raids, especially prime during the braniac fight. I've been doing alot of nature healing recently, and when braniac throws some of his attacks just one tap of r1 doesnt break me out, so i have to spam it and then I'm blocking for a half second, leaving me incapable of throwing heals quickly. I know I wont be the first healer to say: half a second can make the difference between a wipe and staying alive. I personally think the minimum block time should be reduced to somewhere around .25 seconds. In a game this fast paced half a second is a long time. especially at times when you have to throw split second heals. I know its annoying to other roles as well.
    • Like x 1
  16. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

There are following mistakes, connected with combat system, causing bosses to get additional advantages:
    1. Dual Pistol "Full auto" & Hand Blaster "Pulse beam" now don't Block break if NPC (or player) makes block in mid-queue. It stays blocked without interrupt, leaving this weapons without their former advantages...
    2. Sometimes boss blocks, then suddenly does Interrupt when i try to Block break it, this may become fatal for me.
    3. Sometimes boss does ranged attack, then suddenly does Block, this may also become fatal for me. Also if i try do this (when boss starts performing melee combo) i may also become left Vulnerable to Interrupt (as i read before it was fixed recently).
  17. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

WOW, it's a bug? I was sure I was the stupid guy who manages to block while breaking out of control effects, and I kept getting BB, without even seeing any blocking animations on my screen. Phew, I'm not so nooby after all :p

FIX IT PLZ
  18. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I got the impression, that a normal breakout doesn't count as block, but double and triple breakouts do.

Several juggles or maybe even stuns don't allow the first breakout to work and then you have to do a second or third to be free again - but you can be blockbroken. I couldn't do much testing, but it might be a combination of stuns or certain weapon combos (especially from NPCs) that are the cause (I was only able to reproduce double, triple and quadruple breakouts with an NPC).
    • Like x 1
  19. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

The things is, tapping Shift once doesn't always result in a breakout. It's pretty common to hit Shift while being controlled and to remain held/juggled, etc. Hitting Shift multiple times is the only way to attempt to break free. As far as being vulnerable afterwards, I have no idea how these mechanics work.
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I know for sure it's a bug. Even.in legends when.I use the trinket to breakout without holding or tapping block ( R1) it counts as a block break for me....I did a scrim with a friend, made him stun, juggle me I taped r1 once he attacked me mixed with holding triangle attacks counted as BB for me. I don't know the damn counter mechanism just so F'd up