Please, please let dlc 7 have more than just 2 tier 5 raids like 4 and...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dcuo gamer, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dcuo gamer Committed Player

the next dlc league turf or halls of power will also have tier 6 raids, please. You know dlc8 is going to be delayed at least 4 months. I wonder if they will sell a variety of hall bases. Can you imagine how much they will charge if it's at least 1/4 the size of the watchtower or equal?!

Side note, how many dlcs will we get this year? 4 or 5? I don't consider home turf this year.
  2. Statman New Player

Lol... Halls of power won't contain Tier 6. We won't even be getting Tier 6 this year, it'll most likely be next year. I also see no reason for it to be considered 'delayed' until the devs mention to us on it being delayed, like they did with Home Turf.

Also, seeing 5 DLC's in a year would be most unlikely, considering their goals are quarterly. I think we'd struggle to see more after DLC9 in 2013, that would make 4 if you include Home Turf, 3 if you don't. Hopefully DLC10 won't be far into 2014 though, but we'll just have to wait and see if all the other DLC's run roughly on time.
  3. Darkness New Player

If you don't consider HT as a DLC and DLC 7 is barely coming up (that makes it 6 DLC since Sept 2011 w/ HT)and we are already in April of this year, how do you expect there to be 4 or 5 DLC this year?
  4. AgentX44 Committed Player

I doubt this. There's only 3 T3 raids... I think at the most they can do is 3 raids per DLC... or 2 raids, 1 alert (like in HoF).
  5. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i expect 2 raids because battle for earth had 2 raids and hand of fate had 2 raids
  6. dcuo gamer Committed Player

I kinda consider home turf part of last years, but when you see the bulk of content included, I understand. I just hope they won't announce all of the dlc's at soe live 2 to 3 months in advance. Dlc's announced months in advanced feels like awaiting your favorite console exclusive months and months in advance.

They announced home turf in October to be released early next year. I was like "come on". In addition to that, they were so vague about it.
  7. CiaraDevnet New Player

tbh i rather see an exspantion pack come out once a year rather lil dlc every few mnths. Expacks are bigger with more content (5 dlc worth with updates)
  8. dcuo gamer Committed Player

One of the best thing for us and the worst thing for them the developers is the replay badges. So, are we getting 2 tier 5 raids for origins and two more for dlc8? Wooohow, grinding to pay rent on the high mainframes till dlc9 comes out. Will we get tier 6 then?

I wanna say tier 4 is done. What, more tier4 alerts, duos, and solos? Can't they be included in the monthly updates? They know that if you only paid a one time fee for all of the boost 2s? People with tier 4 gear will start dropping and awaiting the next dlc.

Side note, developers could you please tweak sorcery and nature before the release of a new power? I mean fire and ice should've been released the third or last quarter of last yaer at least, "hello". It's just the last of the original powers.
  9. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

What? I don't even.....
  10. MsMamba New Player

I'd be surprised if they give us more than two raids.
  11. Righteously New Player

I don't understand...:oops:
  12. Senshirou Committed Player

If I don't see a new power I'll be highly disappointed. Its been what almost a year if not a year now since the last one.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I would hope they don't do what they did with dlc 5 and consider both factions as 4 when in fact it is only 2. That ticked me off to no end. They were saying "4 8 man and 2 4 man" and actually didn't say they were faction split until the release.

If they give us two raids, I'm okay with that, just don't say 4 raids when you only have access to 2 at a time.
  14. Darkness New Player

Prepare to be disappointed then because I believe it has been confirmed that there will be no new power this year.
  15. Darkness New Player

Considering we get a couple of DLCs a year, an expansion pack that contains at least 5 DLC worth will take 1.5-2 years to make, I'm pretty sure most people would have moved on by then if all you get are Game Updates for 1.5-2 years.
  16. CiaraDevnet New Player

ima assume dcuo is ur first mmo. thats now how it works in mmo. ff11 had a content update once every 3 mnths. and an expack out once every year. the content updates expend on the initial expack release. in ff11 i always had something to do, and played ot for 8 years. DCUO is the first mmo to use dlc. MMO do not do dlc really.

and tbh in ff11 an exspoansion came out once a year-once every 2 years. and with all content updates u looking ah 10 dlc per pack. Then u also hadoff pack content updates that added stuff to do outside the exspantion pack.

and i know ppl who plaued ff11 since jp ps2 launch and still play it. this is 11 years of the game.
  17. Darkness New Player

No not my first MMO and I get what you are saying but this game isn't like any other MMOs. The main draw of this game from the beginning was the guarantee of new content every month but they were not able to deliver that.

And this game really has very little content if you think about it, you have to replay the same few content over and over again. Plus think about it, if they barely release an expansion pack today that consist of the last 5 DLCs (HT, Hand of Fate, Battle for Earth. Last Laugh & Lightning Strikes) along with all the game updates, what else would you be doing for the past 15 months? I would say it is safe to assume that most would have moved on already.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Not every month, they said about every 3 months with updates between them. They mostly stayed true to this, but DLC6 was harder for them to impliment than they thought. That is why they warned us about the wait.

As for people not moving on, I'm not sure why people complain but stick around. If you don't like it, it's okay to step away. Instead of "DEVS! This is an atrocity and the one who did it should be fired!" Which seems to be the case around each DLC and yet, the same people complained in DLC5 complained about DLC6.

The only ones who really have a right to complain are the PvE leagues, who litterally had to wait a year for a release of PvE content. As much as the devs may try to say it, Operations aren't raids. The zerg fest was what made it simple. Instancing the bosses was a joke. A challenge is a group of people that have no chance of outside help. Ops were fun, but not challenging. The new instances are a joke, because of line of sight issues.

While the PvP people had the introduction of an entire DLC dedicated to them. They also got maps added with each DLC afterwards. Of course, the PvP dlc backfired, as no one plays those maps really. Everyone still plays the free ones. Which is why, I think the devs may have decided to make all future pvp content free updates. We will see after the next update.
  19. Darkness New Player

Nah, I distinctly remember in beta and the original selling point was new content every month. Back then though, content was considered small like the Valentines event and other holiday event or as you said, an update but when Valentines event (very first event and content added too) was delayed for a few weeks (iirc it started very close to March already) then you already saw signs of delay for everything else that was going to be added. Then players realize that the new content added wasn't worth the monthly sub for little holiday events or small updates that kept getting delayed so people left and as people left, population decreased and had less and less people to play with and you know the rest.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

This is kinda wrong. THey did 4 raids and 2 alerts, just specific to faction so everyone only sees half of it unless they play both factions.

Would have prefered they release 4 raids and 2 alerts to everyone than to get the crap they call villain content. OOO we beat up swamp thing... that's the most heroic guy i've fought! Where is the villain vs hero stuff?