Voice chat in game not available. Cannot hear voice either

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eFyoCouch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. eFyoCouch

Title says it all. The game has been practically unplayable since a month ago. My mic button keys for Squad, Proximity, Platoon,...everything, stopped working. I push the buttons, it doesnt work. I also have not heard a single person talk in squad/platoon/proximity since this issue started happening.

I checked all settings and functions, fiddled with everything. Voice chat is enabled, when testing, it shows that my voice is working. When I record myself, then play back, i can hear clearly. Bindings are all correct to their default buttons, z-squad, 1-platoon, 4-proxi...etc.

I really need to have this problem resolved. I usually lead platoons but this has been such a big deal that I stopped playing the game. I am pushing away from re-installing the game, since my internet is slow and will take a long time to re-download/install. I have however tried the repair tool to recheck/repair the game just in case it can fix it. But there wasn't luck.

For more information, please contact me here or by my inbox. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. eFyoCouch

No reply? really?
  3. Kozmyk

Have you tried resetting your router and/or modem?
    I had in-game voice and TS3 disappear on me the other day.
    The game still played but all VOIP was gone.
    Reset cured it. Something to do with Ports being closed.
    Give it a try.
  4. eFyoCouch

The in game voice completely disappears? this can be caused by the router/modem? I feel like this is an in-game bug. Game option states that the microphone/voicechat is running properly, I just can't hear or talk to anyone because the icon tating that someone is talking is gone. I'll give it a look though.
  5. eFyoCouch

Nope, no change nothing. I'm absolutely sure its either tied into my account or its an in-game problem. I did a clean re-install just yesterday. still no fix. I need some real tech support here
  6. Phenics

I got the same problem =/
  7. eFyoCouch

Seriously. I've reported thi bug over and over for over a month, and I've posted on the forums. Is no tech support going to help me with this ticket? This is really driving me crazy. I cant talk to any squad members and I cannot hear any squad members.
    • Up x 1
  8. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Press escape and, from the menu, select the "Social" tab. From the left-hand side of the screen there should be a "Voice & Chat" option, click this, and it should bring up another menu. From there, check the voice options and make sure that you haven't accidentally squelched all of your channels, and double-check your voice chat levels to ensure they are all set adequately.

If that doesn't work, it's entirely possible you're experiencing the result of a corrupt game file, run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

Let me know if that helps.
  9. Anti-Skub

Can I suggest you move these files rather than deleteing them as it will revert all your keybindings and settings to default (and probably wont help...no offence Jesse)
  10. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

That's why I advised you make backups first, don't want to have to re-make all those keybindings ;)
  11. eFyoCouch

I have already checked for squelched channels. that would explain not hearing others but doesn't effect the fact that I can't talk to proximity. I have uninstalled and deleted all Planetside 2 files three days ago and did a fresh download/install. However, I will remove those files and follow up with the results. Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  12. eFyoCouch

The game has reinstated those files after I deleted them. I stated up the launch pad and tested the functions in game with no resolution to the issue. Is there anything else I can try to do? The only way to communicate by voice is TeamSpeak at this moment.
  13. Anti-Skub

Oh sorry, I was skim reading, I assumed it was the same advice given to me when I made a ticket about the in game voice not working...about 4 months ago...still waiting on a solution.
  14. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Have you submitted a ticket containing your system's information? I'd be happy to take a look over your specs and troubleshoot your voice chat problems on a more verbose level. Just send me a PM with the incident # and I'll check it out when I can.
    • Up x 1
  15. Shotcalla707

Same exact thing is happening to me....Voice worked fine for a week or more.....all of a sudden nothing works , I don't even see the transmitting (proximity) when i press numpad 4....Ive checked every setting...

I can even make test recordings with my mic through the voice settings, so I know my mic is working...

Its just that I cant hear anyone (squad, platoon, proximity) and I cant transmit....it wont even activate what it needs to with any button (z for squad, numpad 4 for prox etc...) the buttons dont work.
  16. gregfox89

Same problem for me and many others. Hope this gets fixed, or I may have to move on to another game sadly :/
  17. SgtIronHorse

Has anyone found a fix for this? I recently ran into this issue not being able to talk to anyone one game using squad, platoon or proximity keybinds. almost like VOIP stopped getting connected to from my system.
  18. CHDT65

19. Finestyle

Have you made sure Planetside 2 has permission in your firewall to both send and accept connections to/from the internet?

For me personally, on first launch after every client patch of any size (i.e. any change whatsoever to my client files), while the game files are loading I get a firewall pop up in the background asking me to give permission to allow PS2 to connect to the internet, which I allow and apply a "remember this setting" checkbox (I usually have to alt tab out of the game loading screen to see this pop up).

Then, once I am in game and able to move around etc, I get another pop up in the background from my firewall asking to give PS2 permission to receive connections from the internet (which I again have to alt tab out in order to see). If I don't allow (and again check to remember) this second pop up then VOIP will NOT work but I can still play the game fine.

I mention this because if I only allow the first pop up and not the second then VOIP in game doesn't work, but I can still play... Once I have told my firewall PS2 is OK to both send and receive connections, VOIP works fine.

Worth checking out if you haven't already.

Also on a side note, when you disable and re-enable VOIP in game you have to come out of the settings between each action for it to work efficiently, so:

Press escape > Click "Settings" > Click "Voice" > UN-CHECK "Enable Voice" > Click "Back To Game"" then;

Press escape > Click "Settings" > Click "Voice" > CHECK "Enable Voice" > Click "Back To Game"
  20. Ginsu

I have the same problem as shotcalla, when I depress my transmit buttons i have no HUD feedback that anything is being depressed and I have no in game voice. I've checked all the normal areas making sure my settings were correct and voice was enabled. Tried verifying game data to no avail also. Reinstalling now so I'll see where that gets me. I noticed that when I get about 1 second of lag when I enter the voice tab on ingame settings, this does not happen when drilling into any other settings tabs. I will reply back with an update on the reinstall.