Server Smash - Do you know what it is? Consensus?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dotz0r, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dotz0r

Server Smash has been posted all over Reddit and twitter, but not so much on here.

So, i ask - for the people on here, who probably don't use twitter or the planetside 2 reddit. Do you know what server smash is?

Or do i need to start posting more aggressively on here.?
  2. AndreDoc

To bring the server down? :eek:
  3. bPostal

That the thing where we find out Miller is best server?
    • Up x 3
  4. Bankrotas

Majority of people don't mingle between reddit and forumside.
    • Up x 5
  5. ZephyrBurst

6. IamDH

No idea

Seems to be related to ruining the servers..
    • Up x 1
  7. phreec

A dash of the metagame.
  8. FateJH

Hadn't even heard of it until this thread.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bvenged

Seems you may need to post more aggressively on here already.
  10. Maelthra

Server Smash...uhhhm...ohh...I know this! Oh, I so know this! It's...it's...the code name for merging Mattherson and Waterson?
    • Up x 2
  11. Badname707

I know what it is, but you could more aggressively campaign on the forums. I've barely seen it referenced on here.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dotz0r

Because you post in general discussion - and right away it goes to page 3.

You post it anywhere else > mode deletes, or moves it to general disucssion. Vicious circle.
  13. Badname707

Nah, you just have to bump your thread strategically, try to get people pulled in to side discussions, and it will stay on the frontpage. You do have to compete with tons of nonsense, but it's not difficult to keep a thread on page one if you try.
    • Up x 2
  14. Bvenged

Here's a question for SOE.

Why the heck aren't you putting your weight behind Server Smash?

It's:

- Competitive
    - Epic Fighting between Outfits
    - Organised Fighting between Outfits & Servers
    - Large Scale (96 vs 96+)
    - Tournament
    - Casted and Streamed WELL
    - Popular
    - Fun to watch
    - Fun to play
    - Community Driven
    - Scheduled
    - Well oiled (mostly)
    - Gets a lot of people on the PTS at once
    - Tried and tested already
    - Did I mention it's COMPETITIVE?
    - It's basically big scrims. Think Comm Clash & PAL, but with platoons and more awesome.
    - It's Competitive PlanetSide, not PlanetSide trying to be Competitive CoD.

Seriously SOE, help ps2.pickup and Server Smash out. Get behind it.
    • Up x 8
  15. JonboyX

I didn't know it formally existed. Does it formally exist - or is it some keen minded outfits organising some PTS fights?

Actually; I recommended this very idea (kind of) at Beta as the way they should have built the server clusters. Rather than having individual 'servers' and lots of continents on each, they should have made 6 continents and had each on a server .. that way we could have mixed and matched all the time. Maybe not practical in real life...
  16. Alarox

Well, this is what I would do:

Make a thread named "[PSA] Server Smash". In the OP include a description of what it is and the relevant links. Below that include some imbeded videos of server smash that demonstrate what it is. Then ask for feedback at the end of your post. Monitor the thread and reply to posts when applicable to keep discussion going and attract views.

An hour before each Server Smash match make a thread with a link to the twitch stream. The day after each Server Smash match make a thread with a link to the replay and ask for feedback on the match.

No idea how much of that you've done/you do, but I would like to emphasize that keeping your OP short and sweet is crucial if you want it to stay on the front page and get discussions going. Plus, there needs to be something to discuss.
    • Up x 1
  17. AndreDoc

I think I got it!!!!
  18. z1967

I have heard of it but never been able to participate because of conflicting schedules. Sounds like a great deal of fun to me (and an excuse to get on the PTS).
  19. RadarX

I know what ti is and I'm always happy to see people talking about it!
    • Up x 8
  20. SuperMedicated

So it's another of these events organizated by the community that are complicated to do and have nothing to do with SOE, not getting them any revenue while it should be made by them, reverting all what I said on this post?

TL;DR SOE logic, no decent events at least done by them