Planetside2.exe has stopped working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BadassBen, May 26, 2013.

1. BadassBen

Periodically the game will crash. It did this on my old rig because it was 32 bit; I upgraded and for a long time no crashes, but recently its been back to the crashes again. All it will tell me is that the game has stopped working. I tried validating, I tried reinstalling (manually deleting ALL of the games file for a complete reinstall) and so far nothing has worked. My hardware has not changed recently, so I have a feeling the crashes are on the game's end somehow.

New Rig Specs:
    Windows 7, 64 Bit
    GPU: GTX 680
    Ram: 16GB
    CPU: i7- 3930k
  2. 13lackCats

Same here totally clean computer

Core i7
    GPU: 480
    Mem: 16 gb
    Mother: Asus P67
  3. Eyescream

Same crashing here.....sucks. sometimes its 5 minutes after get in game. other times its an hour.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Motherboard: asus Sabertooth z77

GPU: NVidia gtx 670
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I noticed you all seem to be using NVidia cards, I've seen some issues popping up lately claiming PhysX in-game causing some people problems as a result of the last update, but nothing wide-spread or definitive enough that would indicate that it's faulty.

It's entirely possible something happened to your PhysX drivers between now and the update, whether they've become corrupt or any other myriad of possibilities. For troubleshooting purposes, I'd like to make sure they haven't.

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    Delete the following files:
    PhysX3_x86.dll
    PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x86.dll
    PhysX3Common_x86.dll
    PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll
    PhysX3Gpu_x86.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

If you still run into crashing, try playing with PhysX off and get back to me if that provides relief. If you can relieve any stress from crashing after turning off PhysX, we might need to take a closer look at what's going on.
  5. Games4fail

Same here. I had delete the filles but still crashing after few minutes. And i had reinstall ps2 but still crash too. There must be a problem with the new GU9.

AMD FX 8320 3,5 ghz
    8gb DDR3
    Geforce GTX 580
    Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
  6. Eyescream

I just turned off PhysX about half an hr ago, and game is running fine.
  7. BadassBen

I tried deleting the files/validating, game crashed almost immediately. Rebooted and tried turning off PhysX and it still crashed almost immediately. For now, the game is unplayable for me
  8. KariH

98 % and .......
    Game do not start propely. it is loading and loading.

Hups! - A giant delay. takes about 2 minutes to start.

Terran soldier is at least working. Some slugines when cahngin character and server.
  9. AstroCat

It's the game and from your end will NOT be able to fix it. It has to be fixed by the PS2 devs. I've been trying to fix it ever since the GU7-4/24 patch on our 2 systems. We've tried everything imaginable to fix it and there is no way its on our end. I've run every test I could find on both systems, no errors.

The only problems are with PS2 CTDs. It's the game, and it is not fixable.
  10. FragEngine

Now it's June and as of yesterday, I played for hours and prior to that. Today (6-25-13) I cannot even log into the game. I have tried multiple times. The notification menu at login has a post about login issues they are investigating into as of 06-22-13... Why am I all of a sudden having this problem??? A little irritating. [IMG]
  11. Shadoweliterecon

Same here, game randomly crashes to desktop. To throw a wrench in the Nvidia theory, I'm using a 2GB 6950 Radeon card. So... yeah.
  12. Stuttering Creg

I need help. I have had the same problem when spawning or redeploying in a new area or as a new class. I have also had Planetside2.exe has stopped working errors when dying. I just downloaded the game yesterday. i can only play for 2-5 minutes at a time. i have tried everything posted anywhere i could find it.