Planetside 2 (beta) will not uninstall

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by flerndip, Nov 20, 2012.

1. flerndip

"There was a problem during the uninstall"

You refuse to address the one game-breaking bug I reported during beta, for which I wasted forty dollars on Alpha Squad. I want this garbage off my machine, and your uninstaller is broken.
  2. Vamperial

John Smedley@j_smedley
    Xp C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 Beta

Expand
    17 Nov [IMG] John Smedley@j_smedley
    Default win 7 dir. Windows7 C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 Beta

Expand
    17 Nov [IMG] John Smedley@j_smedley
    If you are having trouble uninstalling simply delete the entire folder with ps2 beta in it and delete the shortcut from your desktop

There are about 20 threads on this.
  3. flerndip

This will not clean the rubbish left in my registry.
  4. Redshift

use the original beta installer to repair the beta, you can then uninstall it
  5. Vamperial

True. I used CCleaner for that. It should be a free 30 day download. its a good program.:)
  6. flerndip

Can't repair it. It won't launch. The launcher splash screen is followed by "oops!" network error.
  7. FlavorEnhanced

We were promised a tool to fix the registry leftovers but that seems to have been forgotten.
  8. Redshift

you can repair it with the original installer, not the launchpad, there's no need to go to the splash screen
  9. OverShift

We need a tool to uninstall this beta before we can even install the released version... There is no option in my control pannel/ uninstall a program. Please fix this.. I need this beta compleatly off my hard drive including safely removed from the registry.

Please give us a uninstaller tool to download.
  10. flerndip

I tried that, and the beta installer just ended up launching the launcher again, "oops!" but after that, the installer's uninstall option did work. Thank you.
  11. OverShift

Well that sucks for me i uninstalled the launcher i guess.. I went in the planetside 2 folder and seen uninstall the launcher thinking it would uninstall the game now there is no luancher to try that . Any were i can re download the beta luancher?
  12. Aqulathekilla

I have widow Xp and I don't know thta much about computers,help me do that cause it just taking up room
  13. Oafmeal

One of the few things I expect out of any application is the ability to remove it without hassle.

Embarrassing, IMO.
  14. I1I1I1I1I1I1

This game is garbage.... uninstall doesn't even work.... i should have known not to take a risk on freeware... Thanks PS2 for ultimately forcing me to reformat my PC...Like Oafmeal said:
  15. huhh

what kind of 2 bit operation doesn't follow standard windows practices for program installation?