Planetside 2 and Launchpad not working properly?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cloaking, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Cloaking

I try to run the Planetside .exe and nothing happens, and the Launchpad took forever to load but isn't showing any play button?

Any ideas what's causing it?
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

In addition to running your client as the administrator, please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and ApplicationUpdaterService.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\ Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

The AppData and Application Data folders are hidden in Windows by default so you may need to enable "View Hidden Files/Folders" before you are able to find these files.

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

Let me know if that helps.
  3. Cloaking

It didn't make any difference, the game has never triggered my antivirus before and it's not showing that it's detected anything
  4. Jaicera

I'm having the same issue. I was playing on steam just fine. I decided to install w/o steam as I keep getting disconnected and wanted to see if it was steams fault. I installed as normal but is now not working.
    I will try and delete my Launchpad.Cache, if that doesn't work I will try a launchpad repair
  5. AeonSkye

http://gyazo.com/6f8ff0613620a6bbabd7bbfcdd2cdfdb

^ That screen?

i just left it running for about 2-5 mins it came up with an error message and a red button saying retry (where the play button should be) then another 2-5 mins later it came up with another error message but this time a green play button, game is now launched and playing fine
  6. Cloaking

I deleted the launchpad.cache from C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 PSG\LaunchPad.libs then let it load up the launchpad and it's working again
    • Up x 1
  7. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

Also, the launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe

Get back to me with the results.

**EDIT** Beat me to the punch, good on ya, Cloaking!
  8. Lionelep

I also have a corrupt launcher and I downloaded that fix but all that happens is that it asks me for my station name and password and I give it the info and it just dissapears and nothing happens
  9. Srchanddstry

mine takes a couple extra seconds to come up then eventually goes to black box?