NVIDIA SLI Performence

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MasterDk78, Jan 9, 2015.

1. MasterDk78

Is horrible, when in fact it should make the game run better.
    I am running a core i7 8gb ram 2 x gtx 660 oc on sli, and game directory is installed on ssd drive.

Any update on on this post would be much appriciated
  2. Kirppu1

Welcome to hell, my name is luci how may i assist you?(That was a joke on PS2 Sli
    • Up x 1
  3. RainbowDash9

i thought the 660 wasnt sli compatible :eek:
  4. Smagjus

Buying two lower mainstream cards for SLI is a bad idea in any case. A single stronger card is always the better option.
  5. MasterDk78

6. Rohakat

I recently went from a single GTX 970 to 2 of them in SLI. I saw zero improvement performance wise in PS2. It almost seemed like I took a hit to be honest.

I don't think PS2 takes any advantage of SLI in it's current state, but I'd LOVE to see someone from SoE confirm/deny.
    • Up x 1
  7. dreamcast87

PS2 isn't optimized well for SLI your better off running the game on a single GPU @ OP i have the same exact video card as well in SLI.
    • Up x 1
  8. MasterDk78

The devs or technicians here are really weirdly silent...
  9. MasterDk78

Some nice guys wrote somewhere else to try and turn off the overlay, ctrl+F10 so tried that with sli enabled, and the game ran perfectly like never before. So here we go devs, it's the overlay that is most of the problems.

Fix the overlay, fix the sli problem :)
  10. Ian_M

Tried it. Game crahed on redeploy. It 'fixed' the SLI problem but then you have no map.

As for SOE not making any comments on it, I think its just shows how much respect they have for the players. Same applies for GPU particles.
    • Up x 1
  11. MasterDk78

Thread is 8 days old.. sad to see they have no interest.
    Fix your own problems, or if you can't play, then don't I guess..
  12. MaxMuld

Running 2xGFX 660 sli and have done it for more than a year. Never had any problems.. Most settings on high and some on ultra and still have 90+ fps..
  13. Skully71

Running with 2x660 Ti SLI and got hit by this bug months ago.
    Still stuttering along as long I have the HUD active. So the game is still unplayable for me.
    I'll keep an eye open here and hope some day it'll be fixed up.
    For now, time to say goodbye and cancel my subscription. Bummer, because this game is still the best (and only) MMO FPS out there.
  14. Skully71

Well, I did another look around and with everything in the interface turned off, but notifications (especially the Show Mission marker) makes it playable again. I also switched off Smoothing in favor of Vertical Sync Smooth AFR (in Inspector).
  15. Skully71

And then you go out in the field, lots of markers appear and you're back to square one stuttering along. :(
  16. Octiceps

Yeah the UI is brutal with SLI. Has always been this way. Performance--FPS and hitching--is vastly better with HUD turned off. Too bad you can't play like this. :(
  17. Ian_M

My 'solution' for non maxwell GPUs
    In Nvida control panel:
    Antialaising mode 'override any application setting'
    Antialiasing setting to SLI 64x CSAA
    Antaliasing transparency SLI 16x (supersample)

I also use a program called process lasso
    If using an i7 - Default CPU affinity to avoid non physical cores
    Default Priority Class to High
    Default I/O Priority to High

Also turn on smoothing in game

It improved image quality a lot and little stuttering.
  18. MasterDk78

Yea.. wish they just would fix it..
    Game is supposed to run better, not worse