Need sli help plz

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blade782, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Blade782

Hi all I have 2x evga 660ti in sli and play this game around 60 fps dips to 40-50 in battles. For the hell of it I tried to disable sli today and a single 660ti ran an average 20 fps higher even in battles, I have the newest nvidia drivers that say they have an sli profile for ps2, do I have to turn this profile on somehow? Or is this how it is in sli. If that's the case I'm thinking of get 1 680 instead
    My specs.
    I5-2500k at 4.8 ghz
    Evga 660ti sc sli
    Asus p8p67 pro, 8 gigs ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
  2. Blade782

3. sagolsun

For now I'd suggest disabling SLI for maximum compatibility. In a couple of months once new NVIDIA drivers roll out, and the game gets somewhat fixed we might see actual performance gains.

There's the trick with setting more prerendered frames which is good if you want to capture a fraps movie but the lag will be more noticable.
  4. Jobaaan

I think the reason is that your CPU bottlenecks in battles. Using Crossfire or SLI takes up more CPU usage.
  5. Mansen

He has one of the most powerful gaming rated CPU's on the market. (Aside from the slightly never 3750K) o_O
  6. sagolsun

Not powerful enough. I doubt a CPU powerful enough to run this game acceptably exists anywhere on the planet, including Intel's top secret labs.

Maybe 2020, assuming those CPUs will be x64?
  7. Blade782

Although I agree my CPU is good he's right when I'm sli game show I'm CPU bound when in single card I am gpu bound , I'm not sure if getting 1 single good gpu will be an upgrade or downgrade from my current setup
  8. Jobaaan

Two 660 are far more powerful than one 680. Planetside 2 is about the only game you would get better performance in if you got a 680 instead. Better just wait - they are working hard on optimizing the game for better CPU performance.

Make sure Graphics Quality and Shadow Quality is set to Low. They both seem to use much CPU usage. Don't think the other settings matter - just max them.
  9. Blade782

Wouldn't setting gfx quality to low make the game look ******?
  10. Jobaaan

Yeah, looks a bit fugly, but it also removes most of the fog. That way you see MUCH better at far distances.

I'd play with Low even if it didn't affect the performance because of that.
  11. Blade782

I like my eye candy thou :)
  12. Mistikal

Its the same results with most SLI on ps2, its pretty poorly implemented, i get higher fps with my 690 sli disabled which is completely stupid.

Get yourself a monitoring program and you will see just how little your CPU/GPU/RAM is actually being used, for example my rig in game on max settings with all eyecandy on = 25% RAM usage, 30% GPU usage, 25% CPU usage, and this is in all types of situations from alone in the middle of nowhere to massive battles with hundreds of players, 100-120 fps with no1 about, massive battle 20-40fps.
  13. Blade782

Wow 690 sli setup...... Drool....