LaunchPad unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CRAZYLONER, Jun 13, 2013.

1. CRAZYLONER

"LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance. (4-404)

I have had this launchpad connection problem for the past 2 or 3 months and NOTHING has fixed this problem. Can i please have a solution other than the default troubleshooting solutions to fix my problem? This has stopped me from playing the game and i can't even look at my stats because my character is TOO OUTDATED!! Please...
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. Please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, and awesomiumprocess.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Answer Title: [PS2] Problems with Anti-Virus Software
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35110

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe
  3. MacG32

Try going to the folder PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache\Default delete all the files there and all the files in the Cache folder as well. Start the Launcher as an admin, type your user name and password, accept the agreement, and then:

I'm pretty sure this will get you going again.

Edit: Ninja in the house...lol
  4. CRAZYLONER

i delete the cache folders, but as soon as i open the launchpad, it brings up the error screen and i have no options of play or options at all
  5. MacG32

6. CRAZYLONER

i've probably reinstalled about 5-6 times. So idk what the problem is, but oh well thanks for trying anyways
  7. MacG32

A firewall and/or anti-virus seems to be blocking it. You'd have to add as safe and allow LaunchPad.exe, PlanetSide2.exe, and AwesomiumProcess.exe to run. You could run a Command Prompt as an Administrator, type sfc /scannow , wait for the scan to complete, and restart. This will fix any corrupt system files. You could reinstall DirectX. You could try running Windows Update to get all of the latest updates. I'm not sure if or what versions of .Net Framework or Visual C++ PS2 uses, but there may be problems with those as well.

If you could disable your firewall and/or anti-virus to test if that's the cause, that would help.
  8. Xodd_1138

The problem I get is that when I start the launcher I get this error:

All I get is a 'retry' button which produces the same error. If I try and validate the files... same error.

This was giving me problems yestarday, then it resolved it self and its back today
  9. Xodd_1138

I just got done with tech support. To fix my problem I had to go to my control panel, go to internet options, and reset them to default. Fixed the issue.
  10. Blackamgic115

What am I supposed to do for the (1-0) error?
  11. Lonewolf286

watch this youtube video by deadlyhydra
    This got my game working after looking around on the forums for 2 days try it.
  12. LiveBait

This fixed it for me: " reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok. " Their support team sent me that fix, worked for me hope it helps you.