In-Game Voice Chat not working At ALL

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Animae Vox, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Animae Vox

So yeah, as the title states, my In-Gamer Voice won't work at all, I tried everything from port forwarding to DMZ, re-installing, to getting a new Mic, to updating my sound driver, to everything we can possible do, but I still can't connect in the VOICE- chat which is quite annoying since I lead platoons and I'm an outfit leader which affects me negatively!

Please help I need to fix this I have supported SOE with a lot of money and im going to add another 100 bucks soon but I need my worth on this!

Any help is appreciated, if an SOE employ can take a look at this I will be very pleased!
    • Up x 1
  2. Animae Vox

3. BenYeeHua

Nope, many people has this issues, and I don't hear the good news from them.
  4. Thimn Witt

I have 2 friends affected by this, and every now and then again I find a public player, Its really annoying. For a bug this common I can't believe I can't find any fix for it.
  5. jrroy

On my PC I can use the In game chat but I do not get any sound. My mic seem to work according to other player but I can heir them. What is the fix for this issue?
  6. BenYeeHua

Not, many people find their mic is working, but it don't works on the playback.
    You can enable the playback in the recording devices-setting, which bring with Windows.;)
  7. Hephster

Hey guys, I had the issue where the game wasn't recognizing my mic as well. I could hear others just fine, plus my mic works in vent fine, but not in game. I had a look through some fixes but the one that worked for me, I have not seen anyone post specifically so, here you go, hope it works for you.

All I had to do was go into the voice tab, uncheck the 'Enable Voice' box, start a test and WITHOUT stopping the test, re-check the 'Enable Voice' box. Hopefully this will work for those of you who are able to un-check the 'Enable Voice' box and run a test and it works, but then when you try to talk it still didn't work. Remember, do not end the test until you have re-checked the 'Enable Voice' box. Good Luck!
    • Up x 1
  8. lKillSwiTcHl

They really need to fix this. I have a outfit member who cant get his working either he has done everything SOE told him to. he dont even see the little message pop up when people are talking. This fix should be in the next Hotfix, some of us have put alot of money into this game and for voice chat not to work is just wrong.
  9. BenYeeHua

Did you means BF3 also?
  10. Animae Vox

Bump, I really need a SOE employ to give me his thoughts on this!
  11. llRukk

Yea, this is me. In game voice chat does not work at all I am still running a ticket with SOE and have tried everything they have suggested so far along with trying every fix I can think of and have read about. My voice works fine with TS and other games.

Extremely frustrating and really quite mystifying that SOE has not expressed a desire to fix the problem. It is truly disenchanting.
  12. Thudruckus

Are you using a USB headset?
  13. BenYeeHua

Yup, 1 guy switch to USB one and it fixed, but another guy say he is using a USB one...
  14. NyaR

Hey guys, I am really sorry you are experiencing this problem.

I'm not an SOE employee but I've had broken voice coms ever since beta and the only way to get them working was to develop my own solution.

The fix was easy, before Game Update 2 - but after game update 2 you need to open up 4,000 + ports on your router and it will work 95% of the time. It is stupid as hell and a security concern. I took it up with support but their response was horrid.

http://www.directorated.com/voip-fix/

Open the following ports:
    • TCP: 80
    • TCP: 443
    • UDP: 5062
    Open the following port ranges:
    • UDP: 20040 to 20199
    • UDP: 5000 to 6000
    • UDP: 20200 to 61958 (If you have a better method let me know).
  15. Thudruckus

I had a lot of problems with my USB headset for awhile. I found resetting it, swapping input / output devies in game from default to the headset then back to default (which should be your headset anyway setup in windows) usually made it work.
  16. BenYeeHua

So we has know the second ways to fix it.;)
  17. Thimn Witt

I think some people are confused as to the actual problem. The problem that was initially reported is that in game voice doesn't work at all. What he is talking about is that even though the Enable Voice option is check marked people can't hear any voice audio or even see in proximity/squad/platoon/outfit that people are talking. That little area with the persons name and sound symbol doesn't show up.

This wouldn't be related to changing out mics, for this problem anyways, its a software bug, that these guys can't even hear anything. I have gone over the settings with my 2 friends affected by this, and they are all identical to mine. When you look under the Social Screen and who is in voice, it doesn't list their characters even though they are "enabled" for voice chat.
  18. nickkeane

I've had issues with platoon chat but not squad chat in game. This was yesterday, and I haven't signed in yet today to see if it is still a problem.
  19. Blue Ice

Just played for about 4 hours. At the beginning I could use all voice chats except for Platoon Voice Chat. I tried clearing my key bind for it and resetting it. Didn't fix it. After an hour or so what ever other voice chat I used (Squad/Outfit/Proximity Voice Chats) hitting the key bind for Platoon Voice Chat would bring up the last used Voice Chat. About another hour later I used the Command Voice Chat, then the Platoon Voice Chat (which brought up the Command Voice Chat instead). After that only the Command Voice Chat worked when I use the key binds for Platoon Voice Chat and Command Voice Chat. The Squad Voice Chat and Outfit Voice Chat no longer worked anymore.

I have a build in microphone which works fine and was still working in TeamSpeak. I used voice chat all the time in game because not everyone sees/reads the text chats.
  20. Thimn Witt

Thats not the same problem as what the original post is referencing. Unless you were no longer showing up in the Squad and Outfit Voice Chats (not just not hearing it but having other people check to see if you were listed as being able to hear in Voice area under Social)