G Error codes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Below are causes and/or solutions for some of the most common errors that may prevent the game from launching or cause it to crash.
    G2 Error

Update your video card drivers. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G3 Error

Video card may be insufficient. If updating the video card drivers doesn’t work a new video card may be necessary. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G4 Error

There is a temporary issue with the game servers that prevents players from logging in. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G7 Error

This error can have multiple causes.
    • Check disk space. Clear some space until at least 15GB are available.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the game. A reinstall will fix any corrupted files that can keep the game from running.
    If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G8 Error

A game file is corrupt. Uninstall and reinstall the game. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G9 Error

Log out of the game and the LaunchPad, then reopen the LaunchPad and log in again. If the error occurs repeatedly, a full uninstall and reinstall of the game may be required. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G10 Error

There is an issue with your character. Please contact In-Game Support.
    G11 & G12 Errors

These errors can indicate a number of different issues. A common solution is simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If this does not work, please contact Technical Support.
    G13 Error

Update your video card drivers. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G14 Error

There is a temporary issue with the game servers. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G15 & G16 Errors

A firewall or virus protection program is preventing PlanetSide 2 from running. Set any firewalls and antivirus programs to allow PlanetSide 2 (specifically launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe and planetside2.exe). Find the steps to allow the game to bypass your protection programs here. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G17 Error

G18 Error

Your character failed to load. Please log out and log in again. If this doesn’t work please contact In-Game Support.
    G19 & G20 Errors

Your computer may be out of memory. Turn down the game’s graphics settings (shadows, textures, graphics quality, etc.) via the in-game Settings menu. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G21 Error

Certain files have been corrupted. Uninstall and reinstall the game. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G22 Error

PlanetSide 2 cannot find certain files needed to play. Log out then log in again. If this doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the game. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G23 Error

There was a connection issue when downloading the needed files. Log out and log in again, or retry uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G24 Error

There was an issue starting the game’s video. Update your video card drivers from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn’t work a new video card may be required. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G25 Error

There was an issue accessing your video card. Update your video card drivers from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn’t work a new video card may be required. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G26 & G27 Errors

Your game client is out of date and needs to be patched. If the error persists, please contact Technical Support.
    G30 Error

The client failed to receive a session ID from the server. These errors are usually isolated incidents and should not be recurring. Simply close the client and open it again. If you continue to receive the error contact Technical Support.
    G37 Error

G37 errors are almost always caused by the game servers being down or unavailable at that time. In these cases you may see a G11 or G12 error as well. If you continue to receive the error, please check the forums for server news and try again later.
    A less common cause is a missing file in the game client. Go to the LaunchPad Settings menu (wrench icon) and click Validate Game Assets. The client will restore any missing or corrupted files. When the check is finished, launch the game again. If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support.

If trouble persists, contact Technical Support. They're very good.

UPDATE
    G99 Error

There is an issue connecting to the login server. The servers may be down for maintenance or game updates. Please be patient and try again a little later. Be sure to check the forums for announcements on planned server shutdowns and estimated downtimes.
    If there has been no notification of a server shutdown, validate your game files from the LaunchPad and make sure that Planetside 2.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe and launchpad.exe are all set as exceptions in your firewall/antivirus program(s).
    • Up x 8
  2. Spanjer

3. Zukas

Thanks, cleared myself up on G15 ;)
  4. Reiko

To clarify, the G15 error doesn't always appear when there's a firewall error. As it states in the URL of the page, it's Gateway related issue. For me, I don't use any firewalls and my disabled my entire default Windows firewall completely.

I know the game just got released into the public, so there must be some high server loads, but in this case, the problem is on your end since a lot of people are experiencing this issue.
  5. QFAN

It is probably more helpful if this is on the page that shows the errors.
    • Up x 2
  6. Planetside2Junkie

For those getting a memory error while installing, try using Steam to download and install. Was able to get it to work even with 2GB of RAM.
  7. Baltsar

So the G37 error people are experience is just overloaded server?
  8. Akyan

Why don't you simply display these messages as well as the code in the game? It would save people having to poke about on the forums to find out what's going on....
  9. felixguy

Seriously.
  10. Beyond The Grave

As I've posted weeks ago during Beta already, after crashing (G37) the game doesn't get past Splash Screen anymore. The application has to be force closed first. After that, another "try" at a "real" login can be made.
  11. coconutjqars

Hey if anyone can please answer this if where can I update my video card drivers for the intel core 2 duo because I got error g25
  12. dirtYbird

What is a G29 Alex?

Well at least I know it means:
    G29
    Unable to Authenticate With Login Server.
  13. F U P S

A few folks have been getting G22, wondering if we can get some clarification when you have a spare second!
  14. ZxDrum

• Up x 1
  15. ZxDrum

g25 actually
    • Up x 1
  16. ZxDrum

Where is the manufacturer's website
    • Up x 1
  17. Blackheart6004

I got a G29 error from being disconnected from the Connery server (US East).
    • Up x 1
  18. Jack the Smack

Why wouldn't you have this information appear on the error page on your site? It would take only a minute to add each paragraph to each error page.
    • Up x 1
  19. Tolas

G29 error after being kicked from server (US east as well)
    • Up x 1
  20. ZxDrum

Am I the only one with the g25 error code still? >.> I already updated my video card and went to Technical Support
    • Up x 1