Character Creation Finish Button Bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CrypticStorm, Nov 20, 2012.

1. CrypticStorm

Very quick bug report for a super small problem.

Finish button for character creation is unavailable after going into settings.

How to recreate:

Create character.
    Pick faction.
    Choose server.
    Make name, choose gender, select face.
    Go to settings. (Possibly have to change them)
    Return to character creation.
    Finish button is now unavailable.
    Simply change the characters name to fix the problem.

Recommended Fix: On exiting settings, refresh the character creation conditions.
  2. Piratchimichima

That didn't work at all for me...
  3. JayEff

I had the same problem with the first launch of the game (in which I changed an option or two - Increased FOV (to max) and activated ambient occlusion I think.
    Then again, it might have something to do with the server being overloaded, since I also got stuck for a few minutes at 98%. Now, I can't get past the loading screen anymore, since I get Game Error G37.
    In any case, feels like a sever case of "publisher forced us to release an unfinished product, stand by for patches" ;3
  4. chromzepher

The game was far from unfinished, having played the beta extensively I know this. What I think is happening is they weren't expecting anywhere near the ammount of server load they are receiving.

In a side note, I am also having this issue. Anyone have a fix yet?
  5. Piratchimichima

The support did not even find any solution to this! I can't believe it!
    I think the game is actually broken, it was badly developed, and we will not be able to play the game soon...
    I think I'm gonna stop trying for now, and I will come back in some months to see if they have done a serious and massive update about this.
  6. Reonix93

So I made an effort to find out more about this development. For my personal case I have found it to be the internet that I am using. I have a fast download and upload speed with a ping of 3ms; however, I am using my residence internet (school) and they limit it. Therefore it cannot make a complete connection to the planetside 2 servers. I used the same computer on a different internet connection and it worked fine. I hope that this information helps people with this problem.
  7. undeadwisp

ok so nomatter what i try it keeps saying name unavlible