There are like 150 people online right now on Waterson.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Solvite, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sneakbyte

Waterson has barely any outfits. Most people transferred their characters to Mattherson because of this. You won't any decent organized outfits. The VS Alliance made this pretty clear early on and stacked all their good outfits on Mattherson.
  2. Solvite

We are on our way to fix that.
  3. bPostal

May just be me, but they haven't made the game I wanted yet. I'm waiting for an actual Planetside game.
  4. Split267

This is what happens when they nerf everything - people get pissed and quit.

Happened in SWTOR too.
  5. Shadestorm

Grammar issue. You're^
    lol :p Sorry, had to.
  6. AtomicGerman

I had to stifle me puking out my milk in laughter. +1 Internets.
  7. wolfva

RadarX, in the very first response to this thread, stated the numbers were substantially higher then your estimate using...what exactly? Anecdotal suppositions? Since he has the actual data, there are only TWO conclusions:
    1) Numbers are fine
    2) He's lying, server is dead.

It's obvious you think he's lying. Well, there is absolutely NOTHING he, or anyone else, can say to convince you otherwise. If he's lying about this, he may be lying about everything. I suppose they could fly you to SOE headquarters and show you the hard data personally. Doubt that will happen.

Perhaps people are fighting elsewhere, or having WG galaxy jousting parties. Maybe the time you play happened to fall on an ebb. Maybe there are to many servers for your area and people are playing on them instead. Maybe People just hate the name of your server.
  8. Dbars

They need to merge EAST COAST servers like right now.
  9. Neelkanth

It's not easy to balance battles in an MMO, but as it stands there is zero reason to participate in an underdog fight and there has been absolutely no attempt by SOE to encourage participation. It's the #1 problem with this type of MMO and it has been totally overlooked.
  10. Curze

tons of games just show the actual numbers of people connected to the server
    here we have RadarX telling us numbers are high and we have to take his word for it, pretty pretty please with a cherry on top

I´ll let you decide what games arent afraid to show reality for what it is
  11. ChipMHazard

Oh, calling Radar a lier... Classy.
  12. Goden

I wouldn't call him or anyone at SOE a lier but I wouldn't rule it out either. They are frustratingly hush-hush about a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like a Herculean task just getting some answers out of them.
    • Up x 1
  13. ChipMHazard

Ok here goes. I believe that there is a higher chance of Radar being right and you being wrong seeing as he does indeed have access to the game's metric data and you do not. He also has no reason to blatantly lie about player population (please no conspiracy theories here).
    I don't have to prove that he's right, you have to prove that he is lying. That's how the proof of burden works.

Being "secretive" is a loooooong way away from being a lier.
    • Up x 1
  14. Curze

as you may know, the burden of proof is based upon both parties having access to the same data. when one of the parties purposedly witholds known valuable information relevant to the case with the purpose of hiding it, theres enough proof to call reasonable doubt.

anyway as I said number of players are one of the (if not THE) most important milestones when measuring a online game's success. successful games try their best to make it as openly public as possible (to the point of spamming it in your face at every turn) because it reinforces their position as the dominant one, which is an excellent marketing ploy. trying to hide such data once again begs for reasonable doubt.
  15. Revanmug

It look like you do not know activity chart or any kind of continent information isn't shown when you aren't on said continent...
    Congratulation for showing your lack of knowledge!

Waterson isn't close to dying. The TR zerg is still strong as ever and lock in a neverending fight with NC for Amerish. Vanu are constanly on indar throwing people at Tawrich when it's not theirs and toying with TR in the North. Let's not talk of Esamir that keep shifting faction.
  16. Spookydodger

I was playing on Waterson during that time and there seemed to be NC and TR coming out of the woodwork. In the warpgates I visited alone there were at least 20 VS sitting idle in each warpgate, with another 10-15 doing stupid tricks out in the warpgate proper. Then I went and saw a battle between some 50 people on one zone.

So yeah, not sure why you felt it was a ghost town.

Most people join attack herds and go capping one point after another, avoiding the enemy herds doing exactly the same thing.
  17. ChipMHazard

So basicly you're going with the conspiracy theory instead? Well you are right about both parties needing to have access to the same information. But you still have to prove that your statement is factually correct, so you better start counting, before you can claim that Radar is blatantly lying to us. "The burden of proof is the obligation to shift the accepted conclusion away from an oppositional opinion to one's own position."
    Since this is as much about you proving that it war Radar's intent to lie and mislead the community as it is about him lying about the actualy amount of players playing on Waterson at that given time.
    There is no reason to think that Radar is lying until given strong evidence to the contrary. So if you're going to call him a lier you had better have the evidence to back that up.

Video game companies like showing the number of active players overall, not how many are playing on one server at a certain point in time. So I do not see how that would warrant any kind of doubt about Radar's ability to tell the truth.
  18. Bags

Yeah it feels kind of deadish lately.

=/
  19. Curze

you must have mistaken this forum for a trial. I dont have to "prove" anything because Im not trying to win a case here. Im pointing at the existance of reasonable doubt, which is undeniable, and since I dare go no further its perfectly valid. you may not like it but that doesnt make it any less true.
  20. ChipMHazard

I do not agree that there is any reason to think that Radar is lying about the amount of active players on Waterson being higher than 150 at that given them. So while your doubt is valid, I do not find it to be undeniably reasonable as I do not find it to be reasonable to question Radar's ability to the tell truth in this situation.
    So simply because you find it to be perfectly reasonable to call his statement out as being a misrepresentation of facts doesn't make it any more true.