Graphics Bug, White Flashes, Objects/Players/landscape disappears, Cant see ****

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MForp, Nov 21, 2012.

1. badname02

Are you by any chance using an AMD graphics card and Driver version 12.8 or lower..?

I had the exact same thing happen to me as well and there are 2 possible fixes, one related to drivers, one to the UserOptions file!

1.: update AMD drivers to 12.10 (not the beta) and see if this helps.

If you have no AMD card or are running said drivers try this: Go to your UserOptions file and open it with a text editor. Check what your RenderDistance is set at... If it's set at ''9999'' or for instance 0.6 or whatever change it to ''1.000000'' press SAVE and launch the game again. If that doesn't work, get out of the game, change the value to ''1000'' and relaunch the game again. (You HAVE to fully restart the game (not just log out) for this to take effect! That means typing your username and everything...)

I did this and I NEVER have this bug again... I had this happen every 10 minutes or something and now it's 100% gone!
  2. InfraRedPS

There was another thread and someone with a red username (SOE person) said it was to do with overheating, everyone in the thread denied that could be true, which I agreed. However I've just got it again today and decided to check temps etc, which were around 60-65c on both of my 560 Ti's and the fans were full on so it may well be overheating? I played for an hour fine earlier but got the bug within 30mins of playing again just now, and the only reason I can see for that is my PC has been on for hours now and the room is warm from the heating being on.

I forgot to check CPU temps.

I'm going to let my PC cool for a bit then try again.
  3. badname02

It's not overheating trust me. Read what worked for me above you =p My temps never got over 56 or something so that's def not it...
  4. Picknicker

If have the same problem. Started to download newerst Beta Drive from Nvidia.

GeForce 310.61 drivers are a minor update from GeForce 310.54 drivers with improved compatibility for PlanetSide 2 and Hitman: Absolution.
  5. Boris

I know this wasn't directed towards me but nope this is not amd specific.

Don't worry though guys; I have a reply from SOE tech support regarding this issue to uplift the mood a little.

Greetings (account name),

We apologize for the errors you have encountered attempting to log in. Upon further investigation, it seems that the issue was temporary and should be resolved at this time. If your issue has not been resolved, then please respond back and we will gladly assist you further. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Stephen
    Senior Customer Support Representative
    Sony Online Entertainment

Below is the support ticket I raised.

After seemingly random periods of play the whole world and all players flicker in and out of rendering properly. The whole screen flickers when moving the mouse around. The skybox and ui is visible the world and players are not. Framerate grinds to a halt when this happens and stutters badly.
    Only fix seems to be restarting the client completely.
    I have ensured this isn't a temperature related issue.
  6. Erii

I got this problem as well, last night after playing for 2-3 hours. It's not overheating, as my system has never gone outside of it's typical operation range.
    I think it may be a memory bug somewhere in relation to the graphics card memory. I'm running on a ati mobility radeon hd 5870 1gb gddr5 (I know, I know, it's a 2 year old card now), The drivers are up to date.
  7. Crator

Just happened to me. This did happen in a beta build but was fixed for a while. Guess they got some hunting to do. Submitted in-game bug report as well just now.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Display Memory: 4049 MB
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.1061
  8. gunshooter

I am having this problem also. Latest drivers, AMD Radeon 6950, i5 2500k
  9. Telok

Same plus random disconnects still happening on Briggs server. Would be nice to hear a response from SOE on this.
  10. MisterBrough

AMD Raedon HD 7770 running the latest drivers. I can run the game decent on Medium settings, and I have the same issue. I find that looking at the ground seems to stop the "Flickering", and keeps the textures stable, but when I see sky it all goes to pot again.

I also notice that it can fix itself for short periods of time, seemingly randomly, but only for a short while, as I have to restart the client again to play.
  11. ShavedApe

Yep I have had the same issue and at least one on my mates has too completely different cards too so not ATI or NVIDIA specific as he was using nvidia and Im using ati
  12. nate5899

this gets really annoying i wish they could have a update that could fix this
  13. Lamellama

I get the white flashes but not the disappearing terrain
  14. gunshooter

bump anyone fixed this yet
  15. Hekyl

I just started getting this issue today, just like this video above:

Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz
    Amd Radeon HD 6900 series
    12.10 drivers
    Win7 64
    16GB ram

:(
  16. calendor

Happens to me a LOT too. Always in peak time when the servers are laggy as hell. I have to relog to get it back to normal, and it usually comes back 10 mins later. Making me want to not play anymore, it gives me a migraine watching it flash so fast.

Im on an i5 200k @ 4500mhz - never tops 55c
    nvidia 670 gtx never tops 50c

Only EVER happens when the server screw up every peak time when the awful lag starts.
  17. MonoTekETeA

This happens to me as well. I am going to take screen shots each time it happens and bump this thread...At least 3 times a day for me.

i5 2500k not overclocked
    ASUS P8P68-V Pro
    Sapphire 6850
    4 GB of RAM

I doesn't seem like it is a common issue related to much of anything. I haven't updated my graphical drivers yet but plan to do so. Happens often when lag spikes.
  18. ZEPLN

This happened a lot to me on my old rig. Sometimes the world would actually fail to render though and I would fall through the ground.

i7-Q740
    1gb ATI Mobility Radeon 5950 (catalyst 12.8)
    8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz
    160gb SSD
  19. caldrin

yup also get this issue.. only a restart fixies it for me..

Think everyone else in my guild also gets this..
  20. Kazzamkablam

Comfirmed happening at random, sometimes not at all, sometimes in first 5 minutes.