May. 5, 2023 - PTS Hotfix

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Mithril, May 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithril Community Manager

The following are changes, fixes and additions to the latest PTS build that will be available tomorrow.
    (stay tuned to our social media pages for delivery time). This thread will be opened for discussion tomorrow after the PTS hotfix goes live.

---
    Download the Test Server client from this thread after reading the Test Server Policies:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    ---

UI Fixes & Changes
    • Construction placement arrow colors have been changed
    • Fortification mission now displays the correct reward notification
    • Oshur’s map and minimap are now up to date
    • Module items now have updated iconography
    • List of compatible modules and structures have been updated
      Dev Note: Additional updates will be added in a future hotfix
    • Construction objects in the Terminal no longer display faction colors
    • The Router construction object now has an icon in the construction terminal
    • The terminal categories on the Construction Outpost Silo are now consistent with other Construction terminals
    Construction Building Fixes and Changes
    • Artillery structures now require a Cortium silo to perform their actions
    • Certain structures will no longer consume Cortium unless a module is installed
    • Command Center and Rebirth Center Spawn tubes can no longer take damage
    • Command Center and Rebirthing Center will now show No-Deploy zones when held
    • Command Center and Rebirthing Center now have exclusion zones
    • Command Center and Rebirthing Center should no longer clip into objects such as large rock formations
    • The Cortium Silo's terminal now displays an accurate Cortium amount when modules are installed
    • Destroying a Cortium Silo will no longer affect the Cortium amount of other nearby Cortium Silos
    • Grav Lifts will now despawn when the Command Center despawns or is destroyed
    • Lamp Post exclusion zone has been adjusted to allow for more convenient placement
    • Module Stands on the Command Center no longer randomly disappear
    Module Fixes and Updates
    • Added FX to Module installation and expiration
    • Added FX to the Flail’s Targeting Dart’s impact location
    • Cortium Capacity Module can now slot into light vehicle and aircraft terminals
    • Unlocked Modules will no longer display as locked in certain parts of the Depot
    • Heat Dispersion Module now functions properly with the Spear Anti-Vehicle Turret
    • Module Stand now displays the currently socketed module
    • Planting and Defusing Tunnel Worm modules will now display the correct interaction text
    Misc. fixes, changes and additions
    • All facility types should now award merit and/or loyalty when captured/defended
    • Fixed Nascent Shipping and Storage spawn room teleporter
    • New Construction objects can now be deconstructed with the Welding Device
    • Switching between holding construction items and deployables will no longer affect placement modes
    • The following outdated construction structures have been removed from the Depot:
      Repair Module Schematic
      Skywall Shield Emitter
      Structure Shield Module
      Turret AI Module Schematic
    • Welding Device now works on the Cortium Reserve Silo and Infantry Tunnel
    • Up x 6
  2. Cosomos

I noticed that repair modules are still active even without a silo nearby, allowing structures to stay indefinitely.
    Also, you could place constructions inside of the no-build zones of bases as long as YOU are not standing in it.
    Has that been fixed, or is in the process?
  3. Construction Zombie

it looks like the capture point silos dont have an out-of-bounds range, I built a rampart wall a lattice south of veridad pass off that CP silo.

Also, and this is mostly personal opinion, does veridad pass hold some sort of special attribute that makes it fair for west flotilla to not get a beach on-ramp, but anyone on the other side of the island gets a giant smooth beach to go up? the other flotillas have a vehicle friendly on-ramp to their relevant islands but veridad is super steep and has valleys
  4. BlackRodger

Please don't go through with new center base of Oshur, it's worse than already bad Mirror Bay, reconsider, please.
  5. Fevix

No note about orbital strikes going straight through skywall shields to oneshot base components.

This means that one man with an orbital strike can eliminate a huge part of even the most well-defended base. Targeting the command center with an OS as soon as you see the base? Congrats, you just deleted it, removing one of the key spawn points and making it harder for defenders to pull vehicles.
  6. Larington

Heat Dispersion module only lasts 60 seconds. That seems... very short.
    Please also do extensive tests on how orbital strikes interact with bases, buildings, components, etc.
    Please disable any bastions being pulled at the next playtest so we can see how bases behave without those interfering.
  7. redgroupclan

The objective of the construction update is to make construction better, yes? The update is making construction worse off than before the update started.

- The new buildings are hard to place because there isn't a lot of flat, relevant, and constructible land in the game.

- The new module system is tedious to place and not open to creativity because structures have module limitations. Only 3 structures even allow skyshields, and on one of those structures the shield is so high it doesn't even really cover anything. Some structures don't even allow modules. The system is convoluted.

- It isn't always easy to tell when modules are being sabotaged.

- Automated defenses are being removed with nothing being added to supplant the void. Previously, builders had issue with stalker infiltrators sneaking into a base and using an explosive crossbow or AV knife to destroy any necessary modules in the way of them destroying the silo, which only takes a couple minutes. Without automated defenses, these players don't even have to play as infiltrator anymore. They can walk in as a heavy to put up more of a fight and have access to explosives, so now solo base destroyers are more emboldened than ever to destroy your base for funsies when they see you leave.

- Solo building or small group building anything besides super barebone bases is effectively dead because bases have to have someone standing guard over them at all times now. No one is going to stand there doing nothing. Construction is supposed to be something that adds a benefit to our play session, not something that entirely takes it over. We still want to play the rest of the game.

- I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have no shields than 2-way shields on anything but the Sunderer garage. 2-way shields are quite useless for defensive fortifications.

- Still no snapping or any real changes to the placement system (like clipping tolerance or foundations) despite it being a highly requested feature.

- I know this is still a WIP, but please tell me the current UI is not indicative of the future in that we're only going to get a single darklight lamppost.

I tested out the update when it dropped on the test server. There were a lot of people talking to each other in chat and it was a constant deluge of everyone expressing their dissatisfaction as they learned every change that was being made. I don't know a lot of builders who are happy with anything in this update besides the addition of interior play spaces. The module system alone is discouraging me from building because it's so much tedious busywork, and that's before I get into the issue that there's a decent chance if I leave my base, it will die.

At the very least, I'd suggest a couple things.

- Change repair modules to how they used to work. If a structure is affected by them, that structure is invincible until the module is deactivated.

- Alternatively to the above suggestion, add a damage threshold system where a structure cannot start ACTUALLY taking damage until it has received a certain amount of damage within a short time. That damage requirement would be higher than what any single player can dish out in that time. This could be tied to structures individually or to the base as a whole, as if the whole base has a "secret" collective HP.

- Make the new recon array a default unlocked item since the only line of defense your base has now is a warning telling you to redeploy.

- Make the module system more uniform and easier to place. Perhaps make the module slots interactable as a module buy terminal?

This update was supposed to overhaul construction and make it better for everyone to use and play in. I was excited for it. However, all it has really done is add a few building to play in while stripping away a lot more as retribution. There are no REAL changes to a lot of complaints that builders had, as if very little of the feedback in the past 7 years has been heard. All in all, between construction being made worse and Mirror Bay being made worse, this update needs a LOT of work to turn it around. Which makes me afraid, because the update that hits live is usually not too drastically different from what is on PTS.
    • Up x 3
  8. mediapimps

It's kinda like they are just not listening to anyone that does base building. Hope I get a refund for all the certs I have spent on building.
  9. 110china

Designed for naval battle maps, AI module removed.

1.The mineral in question is unlimited, allowing the building to remain permanent even without the use of a warehouse. No AI module can be in dispute point (dispute point should not use personal warehouse, limit AI module, do not remove AI module) according to the sky barrier capsule should have a burning tower, not seen in the test, should be incomplete!

2.Recently discovered a super BUG where individual bases were hit by tracks! Official warehouses will be emptied of all minerals and all buildings will be destroyed! These buildings are built with repair capsules! The official warehouse no ore, began to draw, with the car to fill, hold far official warehouse is 0 mine!

3. Personal base, official warehouse! Should be able to use AI modules to defend against aircraft threats! Even AI defense has no, please design, how you will defend against the sky aircraft harassment! Can the player fly a plane? The terminal doesn't even have a low wall to keep out planes and snipers! Of course, you could say that development cycle constraints don't do that! But it should not be difficult to limit individual official posts to controversial issues.

4.That's it! At the same time, restrict AI modules from entering controversial points! Why delete it! Destroy MAX first, then the building! Finally destroy planetside2 IP
  10. Angrybird334

Some buildings and locations on Oshur could probably do with ammo towers for vehicle players not relying on ammo printer for their ammo, or new players that don't have it.

Marked on the map are non construction, non seapost/trodemt facilities that do not have ammo towers for vehicles and should be considered for them.

The map: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353484761294962688/1104244373249605642/image.png

-- Flotillas and Seaposts need some. All flotillas should have them, and select flotillas for corsairs or people travelling across the water.

-- (1) Lamplight Security (x=1064.955 y=127.307 z=-222.970, Heading: 0.137 /loc 1064.955 127.307 -222.970)

-- (2) Pommel Gardens (
    x=459.970 y=115.284 z=-212.448, Heading: 2.295 /loc 459.970 115.284 -212.448)

-- (3) Excavion Cleanup Site (x=-302.401 y=53.773 z=40.679, Heading: 2.295 /loc -302.401 53.773 40.679)

-- (4) Wellerman Watch (x=1185.882 y=144.730 z=1133.589, Heading: 0.000 /loc 1185.882 144.730 1133.589)

-- (5) Leif Biochemical (x=-2269.760 y=115.640 z=2187.005, Heading: 1.309 /loc -2269.760 115.640 2187.005)

-- (6) Emerald Arboretum (x=-1211.057 y=48.683 z=2673.305, Heading: 1.667 /loc -1211.057 48.683 2673.305)

-- (7) High Ridge Security (x=-1605.874 y=118.159 z=-1264.485, Heading: -0.680 /loc -1605.874 118.159 -1264.485)

-- (8) Outpost Kalis (x=-998.079 y=85.793 z=-1711.420, Heading: 1.571 /loc -998.079 85.793 -1711.420)

-- (9) Binusilan Interlink (x=-998.079 y=85.793 z=-1711.420, Heading: 1.571 /loc -998.079 85.793 -1711.420)

-- (10) Astira Hydroelectric (x=175.133 y=127.648 z=-587.585, Heading: 0.262 /loc 175.133 127.648 -587.585)
  11. RiP0k

On ANT by installing two lasers with overheating. You can destroy any building with a repair module in a minute. Just changing lasers when overheated. This is bad. I also hope you make Silo invulnerable while there is a structure with a spawn point. BETTER RETURN THE STRUCTURES INVULNERABILITY WHEN THERE IS A REPAIR MODULE. No one will try to overload modules in the current state, because during this time you can destroy any spawn point. Also make transport terminals unhackable.
  12. CaudillAvenger

This seems like a good bug pass. Thanks for taking the time to get it right. I think PS2 has a lot of great content and just needs a few passes of refinement more than it needs a lot of frequent content updates. I know new stuff pays the bills, but some level of refinement has to be done and this is going the right way, I believe.
  13. CaudillAvenger

I hate to admit it, but these are some good criticisms. Placing buildings is still difficult and clunky. They are blocked by too many world objects, like the inactive base buildings, cypress knees on Hossin and most rocks. The module system is neat, but I can also see it becoming an errand. Prehaps buying them from the slots would be a very simple solution, as this poster suggested.
  14. PotentPotential

At this point, the only reason I will ever build a base is to intentionally allow the attackers to convert it over to their faction. Anyone dumb enough to defend it will be farmed by my prebuilt satelite flail outpost. This is not a problem with the flail, but a testament to how unfriendly the current construcion system is towards defenders. Any severe nerf to the flail would only mean that I will build even less and will instead use Outfit based pocket OS to do the same.

The major problem with construction is its lack of purpose. Currently, the only common use a base has is as a FOB where vehicles players can retreat to for safety or spam more vehicles. With the removal of AI modules and vehicle damage from skyshields (also insanely restrictive placement of skyshield), that purpose is also gone. It will now be more efficient to treat vehicle spawn bases like routing spires; hide it and only build the essential buildings (Silo, spawn tube, and terminal).

The flail and OS only benefit the player who earns kills from their use, discouraging players from helping defend a friendly players base. I was all for the removal of infinite router range because it discouraged building a full base and instead caused players to build a simple silo and routing spire at the warpgate. The current way to use routers means doing the same thing but hiding it 500 meters from the target location. A simple fix would be to triple the ranger of the router to 1500, but have the routing spire show its effective radius on the map for enemies, similar to the OS. This would encourage both the building and attacking/defending of player bases.

I understand that this update was soley intended for non-builders to enjoy construction base fights, but how can they if there is no one left to build those bases due to how unenjoyable you've made it for builders/defenders? Honestly, with the exception of a lack of faction based benefit (router), construction combat is fine in its current state. You're catering to the complaints of players who don't know any about construction. This means that they dont know that the one-way shields can be deactivated with enough damage or that the pain spires can be easily killed by small arms fire. This nerf feels very similar to the removal of the one-hit-kill dalton a few years ago. People who were dumb enough to fly straight into the barrel of an anti-tank round should be punished. Eventually you brought it back, and the same will happen with construction, but don't make us go through a several year phase without it and potentially drive away current players. I promise you these changes will not bring more players, but cause existing ones to leave.

As a 10+ year vet of this game and someone who has auraxed almost every free directive (excluding flash, liberator, and corsair), therefore truly has about as much of a complete understanding as one can have of the balance and impact of constrcution versus everything else, this is my honest opinion of the current PTS changes. I am not an infantry main, nor a vehicle main, nor a builder main, but one who genuinely plays everything. With that in mind here are my recommended changes to the construction currently on the live server:

1) Extend Router range to 1500 meters, while allowing enemy to see its effective radius.
    2) Make structures (not turrets) completely immune to vehicle/max damage and protect players from OS and flail splash damage (except for the one-way shielded windows).
    3) Forget "snapping" route for seamless walls. Add placeable pillar structures with the same collision mechanics as trees to be used as gap fillers in walls. Health points can be discussed later.
    4) Fix issue that causes automated turrets from targeting emenies through structures, causing them to destroy ones own base. Or, just remove friendly damage from automated turrets.
    5) Allow silo to be locked again. Not just the silo, but its entire build radius.
    6) Allow players to prebuild objects and store in silo (1 prebuilt storage slot for ANT terminal) for the owner to retrieve and place at their discretion.
    7) Tether the total number of placeable items to each silo. For example, instead of only having 1 AI turret per character, a player can place 1 AI turret at every silo. This would encourage builders to play together instead of just solo building their own flail and OS.
    8) (Nerf!) Drastically increase vehicle/air spawn timers from construction based terminals. For instance, 10 minutes between terminal access after each use. Make this timer based off all construction terminals so players cant hop between bases or negate it by removing/replacing terminal.
    9) The only change implemented on the PTS that I recommend is the removal of persistent cortium decay. (New structures are welcomed, though)
    10) The last change would be to bring back Mauler cannon to the bastion, which maybe be necessary if recommendatin #7 is implemented, but only if a manually operated Skylance battery is introduced (with no-build radius twice that of OS). This would add another purpose to construction that would benefit the entire faction.
  15. redgroupclan

Underwater combat is currently leaning toward "realism" at the cost of fun. No one likes it. This is a missed opportunity to make underwater combat MORE fun than land combat.

First of all, get rid of the speed and movement penalties - take that underwater propulsion device and have it be something that automatically appears on our back hip when we enter water. The exact details of how much it propels you could be up for debate. The point is that it's an explanation for having normal walking speed. Secondly, get rid of the bullet drop and weapon restriction penalties - it's the future, everything works fine underwater!

With these two changes, underwater combat could be like land combat, but because of the additions of unhindered 3 dimensional movement in water and perfectly functioning weapons, it could be even MORE fun than land combat. It could be like stepping into the old Tribes games. Planetside 2 with more movement sounds like a fun change of pace and a new test of skill.

LAs could combine their jetpack + underwater propulsion to have more speed/movement than anyone else. Water scooter would always be active with the WASD keys. Works the same as walking. For non-LA classes, space propels you upwards and Ctrl pushes you down. For LA, space activates your jetpack and upward water propulsion at the same time, which is where the increased speed comes in. The flaw with that control scheme would be that LAs can't choose to have one of their two different propulsions off.

Other possible control scheme is that WASD activates the water scooter, but upward/downward directional movement is controlled by moving the mouse up or down. That way a light assault can press Space and not have two different upward propulsions activate. The flaw with that control scheme would be that it's similar to flying and having to move your sightline to move a certain way isn't ideal.

There could be another way I'm not thinking of. I suppose it's possible the water scooter could be "switched to" by holding Shift.

So devs, PLEASE do something to make water combat better if you're going to make half of the center base on Oshur underwater fighting. Making half of the mid fight be underwater with no changes to the current underwater combat system is a disaster waiting to happen.

16. Jackson132

I don't think this is supposed to actually improve construction or there would have been changes made, the fact that it got a hot fix and nothing was done really says it all for me. Not even gonna make the skyshield on the entire CC work like a spawn is just outrageous, or allow you to shoot through it, or allow you to shoot through the fortress shield, or clearly fix the oversight where fortress shield DOES NOT protect against orbitals. My guess is they don't have the tech to do that. No relevant changes ;c
  17. RiP0k

Reasons to restore invulnerability to all structures while they have a repair module installed:

-This will force people to overload modules before destroying the base, which will increase the chances of infantry fighting in the base.
    -This will protect the base from spam on it OS, Flail.
    -This will protect the base from Bastion.
    -This will protect against vehicles spamming the base.
    -Players will feel more secure in this design.
    -Bases have a higher chance of surviving to battle (if your faction spawns in the base).
    -This will increase the time it takes to destroy the base, which slightly compensates for the time spent building the base.
    -This will give the most obvious purpose for the construction is to strengthen the positions of the allies.
    -Most importantly, it won't kill construction with the release of the update.

With the absence of the AI ​​module and Pain Spire, it is now not a problem for enemies to penetrate the base. So it is not necessary to say that you cannot destroy the base. Module overload lasts 1 min. Also, if a module is installed that prevents the overload of other modules, this will give another 1 min. This will make it less pleasant to attack the base with one enemy and the builder will be able to react in time. You ask how then to destroy the base? I will answer - by storm, as it should be. If the base is ignored by the defenders, then you will easily destroy this base. Yes, it will take longer than now, but if you do not want to spend so much time, then just ignore this base. I don't see a problem with this. Given that the base somehow does not affect the capture of bases created by developers.
    • Up x 1
  18. shoguncawwill

WLT-Howler_Mining_Laser needs a pass of code. ther is nolonger active damage tick assigned when using it on silo or any deployed object. the logic might be from the faction silo base thinking this item is allways friendly to the assined objects.
  19. Amador

With Oshur being worked on, the Dev's are also expanding upon the Corsair as part of the update. I have included a list of feedback and unaddressed bugs regarding the Corsair in a separate thread that is far overdue for resolution. Link below:

[Feedback] Corsair Boat - Apr. 28, 2023 - PTS Oshur Update
  20. KuroBito

I still think base building near the warpgate should be available at a certain time if players struggle to push out of their warpgates when all their bases are cut off. As long as it's their own warpgate and are being warpgated, base building should be available, no restriction zone near the warpgate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.