Mar. 23, 2023 - PTS Update

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Mar 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

The following update is now available on the Public Test Server.
    --
    Download the Test Server client from this thread after reading the Test Server Policies: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    --

Perihelion (VS Lightning/Magrider Main Cannon)
    • Charge time is no longer infinite, and can now be held for up to 5 seconds before automatically firing.
    • This weapon still reaches a Stage 2 charge at 1 second, and a Stage 3 charge at 3 seconds.

JGX-12 (NC Vanguard Main Cannon)
    • Direct damage from 650 to 600.
    • Blast damage damage from 450 to 400.

JGX-11 (NC Lightning Main Cannon)
    • Direct damage from 700 to 500.
    • Indirect damage from 250 to 350.
    • Reload speed from 3.75sec. to 4sec.
    Dev Note: The intention behind these changes are to bring the overall damage output further in line with the Vanguard and Lightning's AP cannons, while retaining the alpha damage advantage these weapons exemplify.

Aegis Shield (NC MAX Ability)
    • While the shield is active, energy now drains at a rate of 40 per second.
    • Energy recharge rate from 150 per second to 80 per second.
    Dev Note: These changes reduce the overall uptime of the Aegis Shield, and force more conscious management of the energy resource.

Triage Pulse (TR Combat Medic Ability)
    • This ability is now energy-based, and requires full energy to activate.
    • Implants and suit slots that modify combat medic ability energy now also affect Triage Pulse.

Misc. Bugfixes
    • Fixed an issue preventing the Nimitz Reactor's shield recharge effect from being delivered to the client. Changes here have also increased the reliability of the UI when reporting shield-based abilities on vehicles.
    • A-TROSS' Disruptor rounds now activate correctly when equipped.
    • Hands should no longer clip into the weapons of GUI models.
    • While on the redeploy screen, spawn option updates no longer close the remote vehicle spawn window.

Known Issues
    NSO's Repair Drone is unreliable when attempting to repair the Valkyrie, Liberator, Galaxy, and Dervish. We are currently reviewing a speculative fix for this issue internally.
    • Up x 3
  2. szqc

So you do not consider the balance problem brought by Demeter Veil
  3. DeitaChan

One of the main benefits of the perihelion was its high alpha as you could always have a charge ready. With this now no longer the case, it now seems like it'll be made worthless. It already felt so paltry compared to the kingsnake. IF this is going to be the case, can the shots at least combine into one like the lancer?
  4. Alilua

There is a human head under the NSO fishing hat. Not sure if it's intentional but it's rather creepy. [IMG]
  5. HarassingBaguette

Perihelion nerf is very hard, but justified seeing how it can often replace AP.
    JGX-12 nerf is ok, the weapon is overused and strong.
    JGX-11 changes come with good intentions but the DPM will be too low for it to be relevant, AP was already much better considering the effective range of that gun.

I am surprised to not see L2-100 Kingsnake nerfs here, as the damage output of this one is similar to a 2/2 MBT. That gun has decent effective range, very high damage, decent splash that makes it able to one clip kill infantry, it's better than AP in every situation excluded extreme ranges.
    When are there indirect damage nerfs ? When will the accuracy be nerfed ? When will the reload time be increased to values that make it SLIGHTLY superior to AP instead of what we currently have ?
  6. blueps

Do not let them lose motivation.
    Updates should be fun!

Perihelion
    Increase incoming damage while charging,slow down the movement of the vehicle,
    make itself glow and expose its own position,autospot (stealth disabled), etc.

The same can be said for the Lancer.Charge should be able to be held.
    It is too useless to be auto-fired.

Triage Pulse Recharge
    It's too long for the effect.
    Add +100 or so to the maximum HP or shield value.

Demeter Veil
    Already looks powerful.

Hermes Cloaking
    VS also needs teamwork ability.
    Change to an effect that gives cloaking to surrounding allies.

Repair Drone
    I love it. drone is cute :D

NC-MAX Nerf
    Not needed.
    Adds shotgun resist to Nanoweave Armor.

MAX revive
    Adds maximum HP penalty when revived.

Defector
    Remove time bomb. It's cheap and not fun.

Better yet,

add NEST Launcher!

NEST Launcher is the most beautiful in the game.
    Please add a few more opportunities for them to be active.

I hope these suggestions are fun for everyone.
  7. HereticExterminator

To the topic to NC Heavy Assault new ability, the Demeter Veil. I think that movement speed penalty should be removed to compensate its weaker stats compared to Resist shield. Resist shield has that penalty, but it also gives better survivability and longer use time. Also, it would help Demeter Heavy assaults to keep up with their squad when using the shield.
  8. xMeserionx

The changes to the Vanu Perihelion will make it unusable in the vast majority of circumstances. It will probably be never used again.

The only way I could see this change working, would be to lower the full charge to like 2.5 seconds. Vehicle combat demands 1st strikes, or pixel-hunting sniping. 1st strikes would require a rapid charge, and pixel hunting needs a long charge holds to find your target.
    Maybe apply this change to the VS cannon, but add modules that are sidegrades: 1 features a short charge time but short hold time, and the other module would have infinite hold time but a long charge up.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

how about you guys buff overall MAX survivability both small arms AND anti armor
    buff AV weapons, NERF AI weapons ... the primary reason people dislike MAXes are because people use the to farm KD and plebs
    ... if the PTS changes make it to live no one will use Maxxes but the farmers ...

also for ffs do NOT add the lock on nerf to live, instadying to airhammer ESFs is already bad enough and i don´t see the changes to the airhammer and banshee gonna do anything for infantry surviving a milisecond longer
  10. Mithril Community Manager

This has been fixed, thank you!
  11. Hyoubara

Repair Drone (NSO Engineer only)
    I confirmed on PTS that Sunderers, Valkyries, Liberators, Galaxies, and Dervishes are not repairable by the Repair Drone.

Misc.
    ・I confirmed a bug on PTS where infantry weapons suddenly become unusable, without any known cause. Updating terminals did not fix the issue and changing weapons was also impossible. The bug was resolved by entering/exiting vehicles.

・I confirmed that there is an error with the image in both Live and PTS, but touching the GameLauncherCefChildProcess in the task manager resolves the issue.
    [IMG]

A comment before the Live update:
    ・I am concerned about the balance of changes to the Perihelion and Nimitz Reactor.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.