Feb. 03, 2023 - PTS Update

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Feb 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

The following update is now available on the Public Test Server.
    --
    Download the Test Server client from this thread after reading the Test Server Policies: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    --

Reflex and ACOG Revamp
    • We've done a second pass on reticle art to clean up some of the visual "dust" and adjust optics sizes. Most optics are now smaller, and some have been made more clear by reducing line outer glow.
    • A new "Reticle Tint" feature has been added to the Interface settings, with a palette of colors to choose from. Doing so will tint the color of all reflex and ACOG sights, and the reset option will default them to the standard colors.
    • In addition, you can now hide the reflex and ACOG reticles entirely, allowing those using third-party overlays to do so without hindrance.

Voice Packs and Gender Change
    • For accounts who have owned voice packs before they were originally consolidated, using a Gender Change Token will now properly grant the voice pack of the target gender to your character.
    • However, this gift is only applied at the character level (not account level,) due to limitations in current tech. Because of that, new characters won't have voice packs that were gifted on other characters. You can swap genders a couple of times to get around this: once to a gender that owns the voice pack, then back again so the voice pack is gifted via the token.

New Depot Items
    • Fuzzbuket's NSO Defector helmet, "Trash Eater" is now available in the Depot.
    • Binaryc0der's NSO "Response" armors are now available for Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Medic, and Engineer. The existing Infiltrator Response armor has received some visual updates as well.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
    • Carried over the pre-filled text from the chat box on the HUD to the chat screen in the social menu.
    • Added frame housing to the Endeavor reflex optics.
    • Ammo Resupply and Proximity Repair icons now appear on the map for the Corsair.
    • Fixed a size issue related to deployed Lodestar map icon.
    • Updated messaging in the voice pack dropdown for unowned voice packs.
    • Receiving a headshot as an NSO character now uses the same audio as receiving a headshot on a non-NSO character, for consistency.
    • Fixed an issue with the Dive! horn not playing correct audio in first person while equipped on a ground vehicle on land.
    • First person animations no longer lean to the left regardless of walking direction.
    • Up x 1
  2. KXOPH

How about adding ability to resizethe reticle?
  3. KXOPH

What is the improvement of sights if the size of the reticle is reduced, as well as the zoom of the sight?
    Color change is good. But why did they reduce the size of the reticle and the zoom itself? On collimator sights, the dot is also too small!
    Test server
    [IMG]
    Live server
    [IMG]
  4. 23rd enigma

Edit : nvmd i can't even see the reticle
  5. KXOPH

I posted the wrong screenshot by mistake.
    Comparison of sights on the test server and on the live server.
    The difference is too noticeable, now the contours look more juicy, larger and more defined.
    What awaits us is just terrible in my opinion.
    I can't see the reticle on the test server at all.
    On the live server, everything is fine! The machine gun "Promise" is taken as an example, with my favorite sight.
    Reticle too fine, color too dull There are two solutions.
    The first is to allow players to independently adjust its size.
    The second is to leave the size of the reticle that is now, and also allow you to choose from several options.
    The fact is that with a new sight, when shooting, I simply cannot see the sight, made of particles and many other details.
    From this, personally, my eyes are very strained, which causes discomfort, irritation and, as a result, a loss of interest in shooting
    Live server
    [IMG]
    Test server
    [IMG]
  6. 23rd enigma

Try changing the color to hotpink(or a similar bright color ). I find that some colors make the reticle seem bolder. Either case , i don't see this being a big issue since it's barely noticeably smaller on pts
  7. KXOPH

It would be better if the game itself has the ability to choose the size of the sights.
    There are currently three of them:
    1) Such as on a live server
    2) Those that were added to the test server for the first time (large and bright). By the way, in my opinion, they are convenient in their own way and for many players it may seem convenient and interesting before switching to more compact grids.
    3) Those that are now on the test server.Therefore, it would be convenient to add three types of grids in the interface section.
  8. KXOPH

Changing the color does not change the size, and besides, I like this particular yellow color.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.