Server Latency Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mithril, Nov 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithril Community Manager

2. Jx9000

Still pretty much the same, barely playable in off peak hours, totally unplayable at prime time, cosistent lag spikes to over 300ms, very noticable with hit reg not working half the time and "damage compression" (recieving 100% damage in 1 shot) and overall lagginess when unkloaking or activating heavy overshield etc...
  3. Grandizer

Mithril, Emerald has not been stable for more than a few months. I want to say since Oshur it's just worse. My ping is between 38-50ms depending on the continent. It fluctuates between those numbers and is mostly 40-48 on average. That is my baseline to know the issues are not on my end as a reference.

Emerald has noticeable server latency that is around 50 then goes to 70, then sits at 120+ for a while then comes back down and repeats and climbs in the 200's. This is before any latest update. The chat starts with the feed the gerbil comments and complaining on the lag, OS's taking forever, can't rez, spawn locations not showing on the map, etc. We already had frame stutter in places, which has been reported in the past years following an update ( Bastion was a bad experience with loss of fps and hitching and google search will show it existed before with patches). These numbers are not indicative of max population. There's lag with 2 continents open and neither filled at all.

I also believe the issue with the sound bug that still has not been addressed is worsened with server performance drops. I am speculating but it does seem that sound channels dropping out quicker than just 2 hours in game is when the server is acting up. ( Sound shouldn't be dropping out at all after 2hrs or 2 alerts).

With the latest patch, it's monstrously worse, only emphasizing the issue that already exists. The server latency that pre-existed has nothing to do with spawn system but maybe is exasperating what's broken.

I'm not a vet from day one like most people but I do remember playing this game and it was smooth, as smooth is described from my personal PC specs and constant server performance. Things have just gone downhill.

Why the push for more game changes when there's so many things, like many many other things, that could use attention for a better experience? New players will not play with lag, no matter what you want to add for content and older players will be sick of it and just quit or cancel memberships. This is how overseas publishers kill games, they bleed the whales dry, depend on them for cash flow, then dump the game and close it when they rake as much as they can, never putting money back in the game.

The PTS's seem to not be adequate for testing as they don't allow for enough players logged in, with action all over the map to see if these constant "issues after an update" can be induced before releasing live. Just my opinion.

I like this game so much and is my go to and only PVPMMO shooter which is why, perhaps, I write this with much enthusiasm to ask to fix the issues, listen to the player base for fixes ( except for those wanting more nerfs on VS weapons...we can't take any more of those : ) and drop updating content because it's just ruining the base game. No base game= nobody plays.
  4. Grandizer

So I'm in VR Training, with one other person right now. Why would the latency be between 55 and 90ms, jumping back and forth? It never would be like that in VR.

Indar is open, only place a fight is going on is The Crown, none's on, server latency 52-80ms
  5. Grandizer

so we just ended an alert on Indar, we all go into Esamir...server ping is over 360ms. people complaining in chat they are sick of it and logging out. Just an FYI.
  6. Grandizer

ping is a little better but the desync is crazy bad. everyone having issues performing normal game actions
  7. math368

the servers come crashing again it's a lot of updates
    I thought I had broken a record 1200 players on planetside 2 on
    one place and not damn optimize the servers? I remember the start of the game 3000
    players not continental and I would like the limit to be set at 1000 it's very boring
    people in uniting all girl waiting for nothing not coming to play with us would be the time
    developer to move a little optimize it's server its been a year it's like even worse small
    conection playing for years on adls the servers already not very stable time frankly after
    10 games just want not yet ****** up having a stable server 1000 player would optimize properly it's
    server. would be good to do more update tests before publishing your bet and that the game still bugs
    on the live server.

I hope the players will be entitled to a week double xp for all in compensation.
  8. Proseidon

i cant login anymore.... for what I bought allaccess when i cant play?
  9. Orakel

I cant login because of Gameguard Error ;)
  10. AFMechanicus

Lag European servers
  11. math368

the servers crash in a loop on the weekend double xp for the members
    we can't take advantage of having old spanw systems it's not worth testing well done
    the devs I hope that next Wednesday the problems will be solved or an emergency maintenance
    of the servers the servers will crash every day 2 hours I disconnected from the game.
  12. Nickel Dare

I got all access last week, so I can't fully complain, but to be fair, I kinda looked forward to grinding certs this weekend too, and it's a little bit disappointing that it crashes, especially today where I had the most free time.

But to be fair, I can't remember the last time it was this bad. I hope devs can fix this ASAP.
  13. LocalUser38

The latency and inability to register hit shots makes this frustrating, not fun. Network latency is 60ms, server is 160ms. Shots aren't registering, everything is jumpy. My speed test is currently registering at 9ms latency, 860Mbs down, and 50Mbs up. I don't think I've ever seen issues like this. After a small break, I came back to performance way down, bugs are way up, and now servers don't even run the game. Very sad.
    • Up x 1
  14. LocalUser38

server latency 587ms
    server latency 879ms
    :(
    • Up x 1
  15. Jx9000

After Hotfix lag spikes and all these issues are still the same, i know this was not in the patch notes but in my opinion server stability and and good netcode should be nr° 1 priority in a multiplayer shooter game. I`d rather have bad spawn system but good hit reg if thats the trade off...
  16. Evil.Iguana

The fact that you have not reverted the changes, that you think that what you have right now is somehow acceptable, demonstrates a fundamental failure to understand the service you are supposed to be running. Stop screwing your customers DBG. You don't deserve your jobs if this is how you operate.
  17. strove

Somewhat heartened to see devs reading these forums again after many years of silence. Hopefully this might be the start of proper communication between players and devs. I remain hopeful but ill believe it when i see it.

On the topic of the recent latency pings, especially from the point of view of Emerald. Im not 100% convinced as to what the cause it, but server ping tends to be higher on the continents that have more CTF bases. Last session Indar, which iirc has 2 CTF bases closed, and Esamir opened which has 6 CTF bases. No other continent was open, server population remained at a comparable level but the ping near tripled in the crossover and didnt drop even after a good 30 mins (which imo largely rules out mass spawn requests)
    Zone resets have come and gone so i doubt its just coinciding with continents themselves and given how recent it is, its either going to be the graphics changes, the CTF feature or directly the spawn system.
  18. Grandizer

On Esamir rn, just got into the game 15 minutes ago and so far server latency is 128ms, spiking upward and we're at an outside fight by Pale Canyon. Going into Pale itself, ping is in the 80's with the fight way outside of it towards Mattherson's. Lag was like this last night too upwards of 500ms. Meanwhile my ping is 37-48.

The game performs janky, can't tell where enemies are at times cause they pop in out of nowhere, frames on my end show over 100 but it feels like 50.

Is there a reason you do not want us to have server stability to enjoy the game for the sake of pride for the update? Just revert it and keep working on it. We'll wait. Rather have a stable game.

Edit:5 minutes after the post, we're at 198ms for no apparent reason
  19. Grandizer

So played Indar around 9:30pm EST to 11:15, took that long for the alert to start and end. Latency was good, normal 50ish range with a full continent. I went to Amerish with 2min left, no one is there and the latency is 84ms at the warpgate.
  20. Jx9000

Another Update/patch and server are STILL the same if not worse, im getting now lag spikes like every few seconds over 300ms on Cobalt and Miller, hit reg works maybe 50% of the time and all the issues already mentioned above... Are we giving up on this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.