Concussion Grenades

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poacher, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Poacher

Man those things are beyond annoying. Now that people have finally found them they are getting tossed with greater frequency. The receiving end of em is like standing around with your wanger out until its effects are over.......helpless for awhile. :eek:
    Oh well.....I guess it's supposed to do that.
  2. Phaex

My problem with them is they seem to go through floors, ceilings, and walls. That or they have some ridiculously large aoe.
    • Up x 1
  3. MarthKoopa

They shouldn't stun you to the point you can't aim at all... it should just be very visually disorienting so you can at LEAST use skill to fight against it.

TFC had great concussion grenades. Wobbly aim that makes your crosshair also lie to you, but with skill, you can still shoot your enemy.

But, I doubt SOE would ever do something like that, because this game is more about cheese tactics than actual skill.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wintermaulz

Since it lower sensitivity by a set amount, instead of to a set amount, i just mash the DPI on my mouse and negate the whole thing :p
  5. Shockwave44

You can only carry one at a time and they cost resources. They aren't cheap.
  6. XParagonX

Nades that slow down real time! GG.
  7. XParagonX

you can only carry 1 nade at a time too, point? and whats the difference in resource cost, between the two? not much.

Come in handly for biolabs if you know what i mean,gotta take care of those haxmaxes somehow,
  8. Grotpar

They're a little too good for the heavy assault class.

It's particularly the combination of such a heavy effect and being explode on contact that makes them ridiculous.
    The effect needs to be either toned down, or the grenade needs to be turned into a bouncy grenade.
  9. Shockwave44

Uh oh, the concussion police.

The OP said they were getting tossed with greater frequency so I said it shouldn't be too much of a problem because they cost more resources than a standard grenade so hopefully he won't run into too many of them.
    That's my point.
  10. Shockwave44

The HA is supposed to be the first guy throw the door, if no max is around, so these tools are necessary.
  11. Grotpar

I forgot that HAs are supposed to be gods.

My bad.
  12. SiosDashcR

It's the anti-hacker grenade.

Since it also affects player movement (and possible turn-rate) -- They cannot just auto-aim to you.

YAY ANTI-CHEAT WEAPONS!
  13. Frosty The Pyro

a frag will kill you, conc is just realy debilitating. Conc is my prefered nade in MAX heavy enviroments, but other than that, frags are normaly better for me.
  14. WycliffSlim

Hmmm... Might be interesting to experiment with the DPI thing. Set up a hotkey to max out my DPI(6K I think) and see what happens.
    Also, concussion+nade=hilarity when a bunch of people are on the point. Concussion in, then have 1 or 2 other people toss regular nades in, no one can move to escape... they all splode :)
  15. Shasbot

I don't think it's that simple. The conc' would overlap with the flashbang and the EMP then. Personally I like their unique take on this CC nade, it's very reliable, even against all of those annoying cheaters/tweakers/modders that always seem shoot though flash and smoke affects.
  16. Zotamedu

With the new, logical, grenade aim system, I'll use them more. I think I certed them a while back but I have never used one. Time to find a good fight in a Bio lab or something and try them out. Too bad I didn't think of it yesterday when I was trying to break out of a spawn camp in a tower. Still got some nice killstreaks by just rushing and shooting my TMG-50 at anything. A conc grenade there would maybe have let me empty two magazines before being shot down.